As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TJ [Chat]er

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    Quantum Leap?

oh boy...

Sliders was better.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Is it weird that I miss Oboro? ):

Nah I do too.

There is a very specific reason why it is a bit wierd that I don't have the endurance to go into right now.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    the ending of Quantum Leap was so horrible

honestly I remember it made my mother cry

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Who The fuck doesn't like Snatch? Ze Germans?

Ironically, ze Jew.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2009
    No Snatch did suck. As did most of those British crime movies that fancy themselves as sharp on dialogue. Snatch; Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels; Bank Job; RocknRolla etc.

I mean I guess objectively they didn't SUCK... they just weren't special. They have this cult American following that doesn't make sense to me. They're just average, plot driven films.

Organichu on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I've missed oboro for a good long while now.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I can never decide if I like snatch or lock stock more... I think it just differs from day to day, maybe lock stock because I've seen it less times.

I have trouble keeping track of who's who in lock stock. I needed them all to wear different colored clothing or something.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    What was the ending of Quantum Leap? I only ever caught stray episodes in syndication.

Bama on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Who The fuck doesn't like Snatch? Ze Germans?

Ironically, ze Jew.

:^:

Nocturne on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Quantum Leap?

oh boy...

Sliders was better.

What the fuck? No it was not, ignoring that Sliders became retarded later and had to be put down like any god damn abomination, Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell kick the crap out of stand by me fatty, salla, and token.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Delicious Toad!Delicious Toad! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Man this thread is moving so crazy fast, it's weird! I am not used to [chat] moving so fast I cannot keep up with it. It's truly novel. XD
    breathe
    breathe
    okay
    now
    breathe again
    and again
    oh you asshole why did you stop, you made me pass out

Delicious Toad! on
    frogsig.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I can never decide if I like snatch or lock stock more... I think it just differs from day to day, maybe lock stock because I've seen it less times.

I think snatch holds up much better to repeated viewings

Guy Ritchie's other movies have blown. I recently saw Rocknrolla, which was terrible.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    No Snatch did suck. As did most of those British crime movies that fancy themselves as sharp on dialogue. Snatch; Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels; Bank Job; RocknRolla etc.

I mean I guess objectively they didn't SUCK... they just weren't special. They have this cult American following that doesn't make sense to me. They're just average, plot driven films. People love them for reasons that make no sense to me.

I'm sorry but aren't you the person who thinks family guy is hilarious? :P

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

I mean I guess objectively they didn't SUCK... they just weren't special. They have this cult American following that doesn't make sense to me. They're just average, plot driven films. People love them for reasons that make no sense to me.

They are sharp on dialogue. That's why I like them. Also some of the Tarantino films. Also Big Lebowski.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Yea because I'm sure they don't like American comedy or action films.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    James wrote: »
    snatch is awesome who said bad things about snatch
    It was Organichu. I say we feed him to the pigs.

This is interesting role reversal.

Organichu on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    What was the ending of Quantum Leap? I only ever caught stray episodes in syndication.
    Didn't he get teleported to the right time and place, but as a different person? Then the time-space continuum had problems, and he kept blinking back and forth between who he was, and the body he'd teleported into?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I do find Family Guy hilarious, yes- because it is. And no, they're not special with dialogue. And Bama- what do you mean? I'm sure Americans who like those films also like American ones. What's your point?

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    oh and Revolver also sucked

so he has 1 good movie, 1 okay movie, and 2 shitty movies, all in the same genre

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Revolver sucked so goddamn hard.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Sam can choose where to leap, he leaps to tell Al's first wife to wait for him that he's in vietnam. He never made it back home.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Everyone being in love with Snatch is as mystical to me as is my interest in Family Guy to you.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

so he has 1 good movie, 1 okay movie, and 2 shitty movies, all in the same genre

I guess I'll take your word for it, since I've already seen the good one and the okay one.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Why is my internet connection "choppy"?

Prevailing wind going out from the shore?

You are a fantastic poster.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    ooooh

Robert Downey Jr. is going to be Sherlock Holmes?

that will be cool

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I do find Family Guy hilarious, yes- because it is.

And Snatch is hilarious, because it is.

I think I'm done here. :P

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I do find Family Guy hilarious, yes- because it is. And no, they're not special with dialogue. And Bama- what do you mean? I'm sure Americans who like those films also like American ones. What's your point?
    It seemed like you were saying they were held in high regard primarily because they were British.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Everyone being in love with Snatch is as mystical to me as is my interest in Family Guy to you.

Oh, we all get this. But when we like something, that means it's good. When we all dislike something, that means it must be bad. See how this works?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Sounds like a lot of writer/directors.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    the movie Layer Cake is a pretty good entry in that genre

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    It seemed like you were saying they were held in high regard primarily because they were British.

Not primarily, no- but I think the fact that it involves non American actors is one of the ballasting factors in their popularity.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Sam can choose where to leap, he leaps to tell Al's first wife to wait for him that he's in vietnam. He never made it back home.
    Sam, or Al? Also, I was under the impression that these guys were leaping from way into the future.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I thought Revolver was a great movie. One of Statham and Ritchie's better ones.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Family Guy was funny back when it first aired. Then the whole "random flashback" schtick got really old.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Editing other people's writing makes me feel really good about myself.

People's? Peoples'? Goddamn now I feel bad about myself again.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Not primarily, no- but I think the fact that it involves non American actors is one of the ballasting factors in their popularity.
    o_O

I think you may have sat on the toilet too long or something.

Bama on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Revolver was a good album

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Oh, we all get this. But when we like something, that means it's good. When we all dislike something, that means it must be bad. See how this works?

Ah, of course, of course.

lightbulb.gif

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »

Sounds like a lot of writer/directors.

Well Richies problem is that his movies all tend to sound alike. Hell Snatch and Lock Stock also share a lot of similarities. The only non crime film he did was that madonna movie that bombed faster than the Watchmen after week 1... OH OH YEAH I WENT THERE MOTHER FUCKERS YOU DON'T SCREW WITH QUANTUM LEAP!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Why is my internet connection "choppy"?

Prevailing wind going out from the shore?

You are a fantastic poster.

Puns are no indication of quality, just of a brain. Not even a good one at that. :lol:

Passerbye on
This discussion has been closed.