As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PSU problem?

ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
So whenever I try to load L4D or TF2 my computer just shuts off. I can usually turn it right back on but sometimes it won't. Like I have to press the button multiple times to get it to boot. Once it even turned back on by itself, it didn't seem like a normal reboot. I never actually get into a game, I've only seen TF2's main menu once. It is generally games that do it, though. Even raptorsafari.com does it.

My specs:
mobo - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P
GPU - nvidia 9800gtx+
CPU - core 2 duo 8400
4 gigs of G.SKILL ram
Corsair 650w PSU
320 gigabyte HDD
1 DVD drive.

My CPU temps are at 50c idle. That's hot but not hot enough I'd think.

Oh, and my PSU is like 3 weeks old, so I hope there's no problem with it.

Shabooty on

• Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This happened to me on a Gigabyte p35 board when I overclocked my CPU too much. It would get too hot and turn off. Usually was stubborn to boot back up, resetting the BIOS when it did.

It could still be the power supply, but your CPU might be overheating. Do you have good airflow in the case?

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    speedfan.jpg

There's my speedfan, though in bios the cpu temps are around 40. And that 12v rail reading is wrong.

Shabooty on