As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I seem to have deleted almost everything on my hard drive (Mac).

Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
I tried to turn on the Filevault option, but after seeing that it would take a couple hours to activate I tried to cancel. For whatever reason, the cancel button didn't work, so I just turned the machine off.

When I turned it back on, I found that my wallpaper had changed to something I had a couple years ago and that everything was gone from my desktop except for a handful of things. Looking at my hard drive, I find that pretty much everything is gone and that, as best as I can tell, my computer is pretty much in the state it was after I got it back from Apple a couple years ago after it was sent in for a repair.

I'm guessing that there's no way of getting everything I downloaded since then back, but I thought I might as well ask in case there was some way. Also, I suppose I'm interested in finding out exactly what happened.

Robos A Go Go on

• Options
    TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Call Apple?

TM2 Rampage on
  • Options
    KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    No backups anywhere? D:

Kris on