As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MAC Power Problem

Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
My wife's notebook started turning itself back on when we turned it off, like some bizzare auto reboot. Now it won't start up at all. The battery is good. The power cable only shows a very dim dark green light, rather than the usually bright light green color. This thing won't even attempt to power up. I tried all the suggestions in the user book; clearly they didn't work.

Has anyone else heard of this problem?

Steam: kaylesolo1
3DS: 1521-4165-5907
PS3: KayleSolo
Live: Kayle Solo
WiiU: KayleSolo
Capt Howdy on

• Options
    m4v1sm4v1s Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    If you haven't already tried this, unplug it, take the battery out, hold the power button for 10 secs. hook everything backup and restart. if that doesn't work, take it in to the store.

m4v1s on
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Macbook, Macbook Pro, iBook, or Powerbook?

Does it not charge? Have you tried a different power adaptor?

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I tried the battery trick with no success.

It's a macbook. I bought it in January from the apple store. The power adapter seems to be working fine, and even if it is bad, the battery is fully charged. I'm pretty sure a trip to the columbus Apple Dealer is in my near future.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo