As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] and Order

1434445464749»

• Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    wazilla wrote: »
    yalborap wrote: »

Do you see the fucking problem here woman?!

Yes. Apparently you're a teenager that is incapable of coming up with a decent lie...

I am indeed. I am also a fucking pussy incapable of rebelling much to begin with.

yalborap on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    Yeah I don't see how this isn't hard to work around.
    No, it is. Trust me. Parents are difficult.

At any rate yalbo you could meet him in a public place that your parents don't particularily frequent, or are not going to frequent at the time you're there, like a mall or something

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Res wrote: »
    Every enemy in my Dungeons & Dragons campaign will constantly Shift 1

if any enemy does not Shift 1 in a given turn, I have failed as a creator of beasts

even the toads will Shift 1

Why would you have toads as enemies
    BECAUSE MY PLAYERS WILL FEAR ME ABOVE ALL. :x

THEY AREN'T YOUR PLAYERS! THEY'RE THE ENEMY

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    evilintentevilintent Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    evilintent wrote: »
    evilintent wrote: »
    Seriously, you have issues.

I asked what you meant by "what do you mean 'always'?", because I didn't use the word always in my last post.

He is referring to when you said something to the effect of "I always pictured you without a beard." I think you actually used the word never, but his meaning was clear.

You are the one with issues. How many times a day do you tell people on the forum you just joined that they need to lighten up or they have issues. You're annoying, go away.

Just because I just joined, I clearly am incapable of using reasonable deduction and/or observational skills to decide whether someone blew up over nothing or not, right? And I didn't get what he meant. It's 5:42 am, and I re-read my post about 5 times, trying to find an "always". I still have no idea what he meant by "what do you mean, always?". I just never pictured him having a beard, based on his posting habits. I don't know why, I just didn't.

Woe is me, I associate faces to people I meet on the internet in my mind. The Heavens are surely trembling.

no it's not that you're just clearly someone's alt or you're just pretending you know everyone

either way it's frightfully annoying

Who the fuck's pretending? I never claimed to have any intimate knowledge about anyone here. But after reading about 5000 posts, I pick up on general things. Like.. you're gay. Res is thrilled by the thought of jumping out of airplanes. Obs is nuts, in the bad way. Pony is.. yeah, I can't sum this one up.

I am so very sorry for assuming a familiar tone around the creme de la creme. Clearly, I need to speak like a robot until I hit at least 800 posts, else I'm frightening.

Do you see the problem with that logic?

evilintent on
    6a00d83451c45669e2011571303907970b-.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Right. I met a fellow who's 3 hours away from me in a school with less than 500 people despite the fact that he's outside of the age range of people at school.

yes yes okay

be like

"He raped me, but he did it so well I came to love him, and we're having a child together"

done

. . .
    isn't that how it's usually done

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Curse you and your social success!

Dude you know me and you throwing down in some boardgames is only a PM away.

No, see, here's the thing. I have parents who have that 'everyone on the internet is a pedorapist' mindset. So, no, it's not a PM away. It's a few years and me getting the fuck out of their house away. Which is becoming increasingly less likely to happen before I'm 20, due to my limited ability to get a job, limited work ethic in things that hold minimal benefit for me, and limited desire for money beyond that needed to feed and clothe myself and pay for my hobbies, which severely reduces the value of money as a reward. Combined with being far too used to going without, and thus rewards in general become very difficult things.

In other words, not happenin' even if I wanted it to. And I'm starting to. Damn desperation.
    uuuh so be like

"this here be my friend. I met him on the high seas when I was out a plunderin' fer gold and bitches, yarr"

Or like "I met him at school" if you want to be believed

Right. I met a fellow who's 3 hours away from me in a school with less than 500 people despite the fact that he's outside of the age range of people at school.

So lie about where he lives?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Res wrote: »
    Every enemy in my Dungeons & Dragons campaign will constantly Shift 1

if any enemy does not Shift 1 in a given turn, I have failed as a creator of beasts

even the toads will Shift 1

Why would you have toads as enemies
    BECAUSE MY PLAYERS WILL FEAR ME ABOVE ALL. :x

let me rephrase

why would you have toads as enemies

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Yes. Apparently you're a teenager that is incapable of coming up with a decent lie...

I am indeed. I am also a fucking pussy incapable of rebelling much to begin with.

It's cool. Rebelling is overrated. You should probably wait to rebel until you're pretty much monetarily set for life... then rebel away.

wazilla on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

At any rate yalbo you could meet him in a public place that your parents don't particularily frequent, or are not going to frequent at the time you're there, like a mall or something
    Clearly mine just didn't care who I hung out with so long as I wasn't breaking any laws.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Kilroy wrote: »
    Good evening, honkies.
    Hey whoa there

Calm the fuck down

Lighten up, dude

you have issues

Man, I ain't takin' no crap from no Internet folk. I do what I want.
    How are you on this fine evening, Lady Hakkes?
    I don't wanna write this paper and it's only 4 pages D:

And Kilroy let's not kid ourselves here

I could beat you up and take your lunch money any day

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    my parents never really believed in all that "the internet is full of sexual predators" thing

so they were okay with me just doing whatever

then when i was 13 i met a 26 year old through an AOL chat room and we had a sexual relationship for months
    is510060.jpg

Pony on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Clearly mine just didn't care who I hung out with so long as I wasn't breaking any laws.
    Yeah well, parents vary wildly

more at 11

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Gim wrote: »
    I've been feeling uncharacteristically good lately.

I wonder if I have a brain tumor.

I've thought this before. Usually followed by "ooo I smell cookies, maybe I'm about to have a seizure instead"

I smell copper cookies.

...Oh no.

Gim on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Good evening, honkies.
    Hey whoa there

Calm the fuck down

Lighten up, dude

you have issues

Man, I ain't takin' no crap from no Internet folk. I do what I want.
    How are you on this fine evening, Lady Hakkes?
    I don't wanna write this paper and it's only 4 pages D:

And Kilroy let's not kid ourselves here

I could beat you up and take your lunch money any day

Yeah...

But I don't know why you'd be beating me up for 63 cents. Can't even buy a damn cookie with 63 cents. I've tried.

I've got a roughly ten page essay due Friday that I don't want to write.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I want cookies1 :x

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Ha ha my parents trusted me. Suck it peoples.

That or the first six made them realize they should try for a hands off approach.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    I want cookies1 :x

My bad.

wazilla on
  • Options
    radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I was an internet-person-meeting fnatic and my parents never found out till I was old enough they couldn't do anything. YAY.

radroadkill on
  • Options
    AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    my parents never really believed in all that "the internet is full of sexual predators" thing

then when i was 13 i met a 26 year old through an AOL chat room and we had a sexual relationship for months
    is510060.jpg

So what your saying is that you're parents didn't believe that they should worry about you meeting a sexual predator on the internet...

...and so you ended up meeting a sexual predator on the internet.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I am going to put myself into a meditative trance so I can autopilot through basic and medic school

so I can just wake up when it's time to jump out of airplanes

right... now

right now

now

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I just complete and totally failed at you're.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2009
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It's amazing how a good beat can make a shitty song bearable.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

what are your talking about

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

is510060.jpg

So what your saying is that you're parents didn't believe that they should worry about you meeting a sexual predator on the internet...

pretty much!

well

sexual predator is a funny term, i guess

i mean, i suppose technically i was sexually molested by statutory rapist, repeatedly, over the course of months

but i don't really feel that victimized by the experience

i suppose that, looking back, becoming sexually active at that young an age had a definite negative impact on me and it was totally a bad thing

but i'm not bitter about it or nothin'

Pony on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    nooo elki not yet

there's still time

where is your heart

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

is510060.jpg

He's joking. Pony's dad probably had him lure people into the Canadian wilderness so he and his brother could practice executing commies.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Whee!

Quid on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Gasp. This will not end well.

yalborap on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Blargle why do I feel like this.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    evilintentevilintent Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Gooey wrote: »

what are your talking about

That, I think.

evilintent on
    6a00d83451c45669e2011571303907970b-.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009

is510060.jpg

pretty much!

well

sexual predator is a funny term, i guess

i mean, i suppose technically i was sexually molested by statutory rapist, repeatedly, over the course of months

but i don't really feel that victimized by the experience

i suppose that, looking back, becoming sexually active at that young an age had a definite negative impact on me and it was totally a bad thing

but i'm not bitter about it or nothin'

Yeah, 13 > 26 is sexual predation, I don't care who you are.

But, I mean, you could like it, I guess. I wouldn't know, I've never been sexual prey.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    Blargle why do I feel like this.

is it.... is it love?

wazilla on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2009
    Quids squids.

20050124h.jpg
    Tycho wrote:
    Last night in my guild chat window, I referred to the Fantastic Four trailer as grotesque - which I believe puts me in the running for biggest Goddamn nerd ever. It's a post whose rigors I plan to take very seriously. One of the responsibilities I've inherited is the creation of smart-alecky comic strips, which impugn the motives of potentially noble people. Every film conversion of a beloved property - even the one most people consider a largely successful enterprise - engages in confounding deviations from canon. It doesn't really do to act startled by it anymore. Let us charitably stow away the notion that Jessica Alba could, in any coherent universe, represent the person of Sue Storm in any way. Even when one withdraws the easy targets, this trailer looks like it was made on a dare during second lunch.

A Fantastic Four movie seems like sort of a sure thing, which is why I don't understand the stingy production values. But then it's like, oh, right. It's a sure thing. And we can be reliably expected to sit in front of any moving picture. Indeed, we will pay! So, I guess that's one mystery solved.

Darwinia: You probably recall Uplink, or at any rate you should, because it is an interesting game which evokes truly authentic hackings. I've been expecting an Uplink 2 any day now, with full 3D graphics, because that's just sort of how it works. It was decided that they would instead simulate a digital universe and give you dominion over it. I like it. I don't think they've made it very easy to get into. I think that a level introducing the concept thematically, one which created the basic skills in a person, would go a long way toward attracting gamers who do not happen to be omniscient.

Colonel John Antal, U.S. Army (Ret.): We have done two projects for Brothers In Arms now: a soldier's journal, and a side story that I think is probably the best project we've ever done. Part of the reason these projects turned out the way they did is because we knew this guy might see them eventually. He's written several books, but the ones that drew him to the attention of Gearbox were called Armor Attacks, Combat Team, and Infantry Combat - they represent a kind of military "Choose Your Own Adventure" series, which led them to believe that he was essentially a tactical game designer and got a hold of him. At any rate, he's answered two rounds of World War II questions from their forums, which I found interesting. Mostly, I just wanted to talk about being intimidated by a man I've never met.

(CW)TB out.

the law says we're murderers

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.