As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Laptop

Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
So my girlfriend's laptop's motherboard just died, which means she needs a new one. She bought her last one refurbished, which I think was a mistake since it didn't come with a warranty and whoop whoop whoop now it's dead six months later.

I'm going to run the idea of an EEePC 1000HE, or whichever one has the monstrous battery life, but I don't think she'll go for it since the laptop will be her primary computer, and she's going to want a larger screen.

Is there any advice as to which brand/make/model to go for? She probably wants to spend around $500, but will likely be able to go a bit further since she has a ton of money saved up for school-related expensive. Speaking of, this will be primarily for college, and she's in a lot of courses that use Creative Suite and 3DsMax (although I heard there's something a lot better for 3D modeling called Blender, true or false?), what kind of hardware should we be looking for?

Mai-Kero on