As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Glossolalia ++] The Melancholy of Dubh McStubblylegs

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Tehelikron for Dubh, obviously.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Tehelikron for Loeli, obviously.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    8-)

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Tehelikron for Garus, obviously.

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well yeah, I'll go with the Tehelikron group.

Dux on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I mean
    our group really isn't that big

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Okay, fine, everyone is going to the damn Tehelikron.

Jeeze.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    De?ad we are making it easier for you
    why are you complaining

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Because.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I would say something in italics and retarded like loeli goes to the sunken ship on her own

but let's be honest her only 'family' is on the Tehelikron.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Warp drive, eh? Quite a feat under the normal workings of the universe. Then again, the theory is that you can grab a piece of space time with such a drive and move it somewhere else.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dubh you better call the hospital story Rebels of the Sacred Heart
    "They took my ship. They took my friend. There will be hell to pay."

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    [Earlier]

"Uhh, okay."

Tommy watches as Foghorn darts off nervously.
    What the fuck was that about?

Walking down to the REC Room, Tommy sees the open bag of powder on the chair.
    "Oh cool, the Tkrellians make the best Galacticane ," he says, picking it up.
    Plus, it'll make up for all those credits I lost after the change

Putting the powder in his bag, Tommy sits down on the couch and starts flipping through the channels, looking for a news report with decent reception.

This all happens while Gary is ejecting Matt, and all Tommy sees is a confetti-covered drop pod fly away...

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    "Speed betrays me? Fine. Destruction, that's what I need. That's all I'll ever need. I'll steal a ship, I'll find a crew, I'll make sure the universe burns. Really, I'm doing it a favor. It's going to end sooner or later, why not sooner? Hell, I could probably work with Earth. Gary wrecked their control, they need info about him. I can help them, I can break him, I will crush his crew. Then, when I've won the universe's trust after saving it from the number one threat BOOM ahahahahaaha"

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I kinda want to go in two groups, gives all of us a little more time to shine in our individual adventures.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited May 2009
    Dubh wrote: »
    I kinda want to go in two groups, gives all of us a little more time to shine in our individual adventures.

That was myyyyy shiiippp

did you appreciate the joke earlier Dubh

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Yes I did, Anti. Very much so. :)

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited May 2009
    Yes I did, Anti. Very much so. :)

thank you. this makes me happy.
    e: where's DE?AD I have to get off in ten minutes

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Dubh, you and me, let's go to..

the sun

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Fuck that. I'm going to the station. :p

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited May 2009
    Dubh wants to go to the Tehelikron.

Also, Anti, I'm planning on NPCing Matt, if you'd like to make a new friendly character that would be great.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Matt could be... that guy.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited May 2009
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    I got nothing. I really don't. I'll watch and maybe post, but I can't come up with anything. Goddammit.
    e: In the escape pod, the purple escape pod, the DE?AD takes controooooooooooolllllllll

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Muse on it, Matt. I'm sure you can think of something.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited May 2009
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Muse on it, Matt. I'm sure you can think of something.

Maybe if I was doing this last year. I almost feel like my brain has deteriorated since then. I blame my classmates.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Yeah man, give it a day. I'm sure you can come up with something.

EDIT: That's a great song.

I just wanted to say that.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Maybe some sort of robot... who can turn into things, perhaps?

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I'm not that obsessed, DE?AD. The best I could maybe do is rework Downbeat into a normal sized organism.
    except Gary would break him too. Matt fought the darkness, the darkness won.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »

I'm not that obsessed, DE?AD. The best I could maybe do is rework Downbeat into a normal sized organism.

I feel you're being absolute about the morality here.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited May 2009
    windman20gif.gif

?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    We don't have enough mega man references around here. Almost got it with Speed (damn).

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited May 2009

I can't play black or gray. My brain just ain't wired that way.
    Dubh, I fucking switched powers when I wanted and I was arguable the most noble of the crew.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Maybe a guy with a little...looser morals?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Everything is gray. Unless I'm crossing a religious dichotomy here, for which I apologize.

I disagree, Matt was a domineering personality under the guise of being a decent person. Then he went and killed himself once, instead of trying to live and maybe do the universe a favor. Not trying to attack you, or anything, it's just that Matt doesn't come off as THAT noble.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited May 2009

Everything is gray. Unless I'm crossing a religious dichotomy here, for which I apologize.

used to be Catholic. Then I realized that was fucking crazy. What kind and just god would allow this shithole to exist.
    Matt genuinely thought he was doing the right thing.

Before the last choice before his revival, he would have liked this song.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I can't argue with that- most people think they're doing the right thing. Matt definitely had more of a case, sure, but I feel like it was all thrown away at the end.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited May 2009
    I think gods in general are a lot easier to rationalize if you just drop the whole "just" and/or "infallible" thing.

Anyway, to me, Matt always came off as sort of your stereotypical zealot-warrior - he thought he was doing the right thing with a self-assurance that bordered on insanity.

One option you could go with, if you do want to continue on - you could play a robot Loeli makes out of the Mach Cycle. That'd allow you to be the zealous white-knight while still making you very loyal to at least two of the crew. I don't know - it's an option.

[To The Tehelikron]
    The lashed together ships head through the pathway and appear millions of lightyears away, emerging from the pathway in orbit of the Tehelikron. The strange, artificial solar system gleams in the darkness of space - The massive, spherical Heart, the speaker-like Tehelikron orbiting it, and the crescent of the Pathway beyond that. More than any of the other colonies, this place has become the new home of the Urson - this was the point of their rebirth, and has since become the very core of their new empire. A tracking signal guides the Ursa into one of the Tehelikron's docking bays, the ivory-metal doors sliding silently open to welcome you.

As the crew steps off of the Ursa Majoris, they are welcomed by an Urson workforce in blue robes approaches you, its leader holding his arms out wide in a gesture of friendship. "Captain Garus, it is good to see you and your companions again! How fare thee?"

[Earth]
    "How long?" Presidist Arteric asks, steepling his fingers - a gesture he'd, unfortunately, picked up from the numerous Anyymaye scientists working on the project.

"A week, perhaps less," Colonel Obren said, leaning over the catwalk's railing to look down on the factory floor below, where hundreds of scientists and engineers worked to hasten the work of the robotic assembly lines. "We have a thousand factories across SpaceGOV territory working at maximum efficiency to produce the new units. They will be ready by the deadline."

The Presidist nods. "And?"

Colonel Obren removes his hands from the railing and straightens his jacket. "No skorokov. We have removed vacuum-sealed the manufacturing plants, and ensured that none of the workers are connected."

The Presidist leans back in his chair. "Good. This cannot be compromised by Urson interference. This is a human endeavor. Ooh, I like that. Endeavor. Do we have a name for the flagship yet?"

"No, sir."

"Well we do now."

[Kih'Tah]
    High above the green-blue world of Kih'Tah, the five Urson Pathways that had come to be collectively known as The Grin hang like Life-Day ornaments, glinting in the light of the sun.

A sleek black shape slides across the heavens like a razor across a belly of a trout.

Aboard the third Pathway, the Ottokron, a ripple of blue light tears a chunk of skorokov from the wall. Azure lightning snaps and cracks as a black-suited form is hastily constructed within the Urson station. SECommander Thieresai stands and activates her comm. "We're in."

A thousand lightyears away, the SECommissar nods, reaching out a hand and clenching it dramatically into a fist. "Take it."

Beneath her reflective mask, a smile spreads across Thieresai's face, her scar sliding up over her cheekbone. "You got it, boss."

An Urson scholar wanders through the many corridors of the Ottokron, his attention locked on the skorokov-made holographic display hovering in the air before him. He pauses long enough to tap out a quick addendum to a previous entry - just a brief note for himself about the power-algorithms in the tertiary core.

He never sees it coming.

Thieresai darts out of the darkness, her hand flashing out and sinking into the Urson's neck, dropping him to the ground as he desperately gasps for breath through his crushed windpipe. The SECommander kneels beside him, keeping a hand carefully wrapped around his neck. His mind screams out a warning to his skorokov, but the blue dust that's rapidly enveloping him stops the signal.

"Sleep," Thieresai hisses, turning the Urson's goldblood blue.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    sedosedo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    god damn thieresai is fucking creepy

And I agree with the splitting up thing. Dead won't try to kill us, and if he's up for leading two adventures then I say we do it.

Foghorne, however, is way too paranoid to approve of splitting up, so I can't really suggest this ingame.

sedo on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    One option you could go with, if you do want to continue on - you could play a robot Loeli makes out of the Mach Cycle. That'd allow you to be the zealous white-knight while still making you very loyal to at least two of the crew. I don't know - it's an option.

This is a good idea, if Anti wants to try it. The key here is loyalty... If all the characters have a reason to be loyal to each other, then we can put a stop to all this silly infighting and get back to adventuring. After all, when it gets right down to it, we're here to have fun.

By the way, excellent stuff DE?AD. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.