As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Using iPod as a removable drive

MC MysteryMC Mystery Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Is there a way to make Xbox 360 acknowledge an iPod as a USB harddrive instead of an iPod? I want to watch movies from it, because I can't wirelessly connect my macbook to my Xbox like I used to with my PC. I want to watch HD movies! HALP!

Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
l_cd41a4eb4e2844f196a9c3046df33f47.jpg
MC Mystery on

• Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    A quick Google brought up somebody with a work around.
    Alright, well I figured out a bit of a workaround. If I change rename ipod_control folder to something else (I just named it 1ipod_control), then the 360 reads it as a hard drive and I can play the .avi files on it. But when I rename it, I can't play any music off the ipod (it shows that there are no songs on the ipod). So to get it back to being an actual ipod and not just a portable hdd, I have to plug it back into my computer and change the filename back. Is there any way to do this permanently, and use it as a harddrive on the 360 but still keep it as a music player?

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • MC MysteryMC Mystery Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Urgh. Bummer. No real like, legit solution. I'll try this I guess. Thanks!

MC Mystery on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    l_cd41a4eb4e2844f196a9c3046df33f47.jpg
  • SamSam Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Microsoft really fucked up device integration with the 360. It's like they went 3/4ths of the way then said, ok that's good enough for ever and ever, fuck it.

Sam on