[Team Fortress 2] No. That would be your mother. (Meet the spy link in op)

• Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    except the five point cp maps are awesome and fun

well, granary, badlands and freight should be on every server rotation

now if we could just do away with goldrush and maybe badwater and slap some arenas in there, mmmm

Charles Kinbote on
  • SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Play scout with this, feel completely indestructible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUCbflBkIgo

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The big problem I have with dustbowl is that one-way door at CP2 where it's so friggin easy to lose your patient when you're going down to Uber the place out.

So many innocent lives...

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    LET'S ROCK

Zen Vulgarity on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Good games tonight guys.

SkutSkut on
  • ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    OP looks great! And new Penny Arcade servers: sweet! :P

After today's map reveals I'm really looking forward to this update; I love arena and those two maps look amazing. Plus, double payload sounds like wayyyy too much fun. Been hoping that it would be true after all the rumors back during the scout update.

At any rate it'll be fun taking out all the Snipers using every other class!

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dustbowl never kills servers like Badlands just did...

Hey You on
  • 3hirty6ix3hirty6ix Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hey You wrote: »
    Dustbowl never kills servers like Badlands just did...

Or maybe because it's getting late.

3hirty6ix on
    i love math
    tf2_sig.png
  • ZeekNyneZeekNyne Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Shrieve wrote: »
    OP looks great! And new Penny Arcade servers: sweet! :P

After today's map reveals I'm really looking forward to this update; I love arena and those two maps look amazing. Plus, double payload sounds like wayyyy too much fun. Been hoping that it would be true after all the rumors back during the scout update.

At any rate it'll be fun taking out all the Snipers using every other class!

Glad other PA peeps like arena. Though the public PA arena server will probably draw from more than the PA crowd but have the admins you know and love (or hate). Pretty sure I'll set it to 11 player teams so if the server is full then only two people are ever sitting out for a match.

ZeekNyne on
    steam_sig.png
  • elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Very nice OP.

I'm glad there are more PA servers; I'm figuring Jon's/Job's/Honc will all be full when the update hits so it's good to have more options.

elevature on
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kelor wrote: »
    Bloody fair dinkum Aussies, mate

Damn poms should stick to sipping tea and eating crumpets

:^:

Though "Fair dinkum Aussies, mate" works better.

I offer "Mad as a cut snake" or ''As useless as a verandah over the toyshop" as alternatives for later down the track though.

I once saw a hair dressers called 'Hair Dinkum'. I was scared.

Anyhoos, in a couple of days my exams end, so I might start playing. I've even got my own headset. Should be fun.

Lalabox on
  • Darth NathanDarth Nathan Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I miss the days when the TF2 update rollouts were VERY CLEAR as to what the stuff actually does. Who can tell what the fuck the Huntsman will do from that page, besides being a bow and arrow. Compare it to say, the pyro update, where they specifically say what the weapon will do.

Darth Nathan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    My kingdom for a Blu Santa Hat! I'll bamboozle the enemy with my non denominational holiday cheer.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    elevature wrote: »
    Very nice OP.

I'm glad there are more PA servers; I'm figuring Jon's/Job's/Honc will all be full when the update hits so it's good to have more options.

I plan on running all/any new maps after this update 24/7 for a week or so.

Hey You on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    oh, chill the fuck out

you'll have notes when the patch comes out and you'll be able to see it in action in a day, and if you can't reasonably infer the way the bow works from that page you're an idiot

jesus christ I swear game companies can't try to break a little bit from being ENTIRELY EXPLICIT and 100% SERIOUS about their game without mouthbreathers shitting all over it

Charles Kinbote on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Its going to be a rainy day when the update hits

Gumpy on
    edited May 2009
    Why are you so angry?

That is like taking a badger and throwing it at a sweet little child on a park bench.

Who would do that?

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Basil wrote: »
    Why are you so angry?

That is like taking a badger and throwing it at a sweet little child on a park bench.

Who would do that?

For a start, the badger wouldn't do nearly as much damage as say, a rabid dog.

New Payload variant looks pretty damn cool, I'm not too sure exactly how it's going to work, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out, and the new Arena maps look pretty good too, even considering I've only played Arena about 3 times now, because it seems no one on the PA servers likes it.

Biosys on
  • LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Biosys wrote: »
    Why are you so angry?

Who would do that?

New Payload variant looks pretty damn cool, I'm not too sure exactly how it's going to work, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out, and the new Arena maps look pretty good too, even considering I've only played Arena about 3 times now, because it seems no one on the PA servers likes it.

The arena game mode isn't the problem. The problem is when you have a full server and everyone is having fun and then all the sudden you're sitting in observer mode watching other people play... It kinda sucks.

A dedicated arena server would be fine because you know what you're getting into. But I just hate having a random arena map thrown in among the CP, CTF, and PL maps because to me it just breaks of the flow in a bad way.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Biosys wrote: »
    Why are you so angry?

Who would do that?

The arena game mode isn't the problem. The problem is when you have a full server and everyone is having fun and then all the sudden you're sitting in observer mode watching other people play... It kinda sucks.

A dedicated arena server would be fine because you know what you're getting into. But I just hate having a random arena map thrown in among the CP, CTF, and PL maps because to me it just breaks of the flow in a bad way.

Why don't our servers let everyone play at once in arena, anyway? I've been in plenty of 24-man servers where it was 12v12. No one sits out, no one abloo bloo bloos.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Arena is really fun 12 v 12 honestly.

SuMa.Lustre on
    edited May 2009
    Turns it into a proper Sudden Death match, eh? I'd like that.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited May 2009
    I'd be down with 12v12 arena.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
    edited May 2009
    I've played on a couple 12v12 arena servers and it works just fine. In fact one of my friends will only play on those nowadays, so yeah it can work as long you aren't sitting out. I've never had it happen more then one round on a server like that, and that makes it not really a big deal.

Edit: Oh and about the update fluff. Honestly I've always loved Valves sense of humor (just watch any of the class videos or play Portal) and I enjoy that they try to make something like an update more then a dry patch list. Honestly for exact details for the new weapons and w/e it just makes sense to read the patch notes the day of. Hell while the game downloads you can read through the notes a couple of times and be good to go. I mean come on why would you want to skip out on fun stuff like the jar of piss? =p

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I've been debating how to handle arenas lately, and I'm pretty happy with how it's worked thus far. (Arenas when the server population's low, CP/PL when it's high...) I'm actually thinking of moving a few of the bigger arena maps into the medium tier, since they handle larger number of players better.

How I'm thinking of setting those two tiers up:
    "Med" (I think it's 14 or less, a bit tired at the moment and don't feel like looking it up)

cp_yukon_rc2a (I know that someone commented tonight on how it felt a bit cramped with full teams, that's actually because it was designed for 6v6. Still seems to play okay, though.)
    koth_lighthouse_rc3
    koth_waste_b2
    king_of_the_train_final
    garbage_day
    arena_lighthouse_rc1
    arena_harvest_v2
    arena_hoover_b2
    arena_medieval_b4_v1

"Low" (Eight or less players)

arena_watchtower
    arena_offblast_b1
    arena_backwash_b3
    arena_wow_v1
    arena_mach2
    arena_badlands (...hey, I needed another one to pad it out. <_< )

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited May 2009
    Ok, now that sounds like a cool solution. Would be nice when the servers start to clear out for a smaller group to still have something to do. Great idea! :D

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • TechBoyTechBoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I love how they made a news post just to say:
    Goddammit we've learned our lesson. You win okay? NO MORE STUNS. Just please, please, stop emailing us.

:lol:

TechBoy on
    tf2_sig.png
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    12v12 Arena would be good, as long as it forces random teams every round.
    TechBoy wrote: »
    Goddammit we've learned our lesson. You win okay? NO MORE STUNS. Just please, please, stop emailing us.

It really doesn't say that at all, it's more like "Sorry we're bad at writing descriptive words guys, this is what the Huntsman actually does."

Zek on
  • Ace JonAce Jon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    This is going to make playing punch-heavy very hard for a few days.

Then again, snipers are very easy to taunt-kill if you can get to them...

Ace Jon on
    Yours truly, Ace Jon.
  • RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    elevature wrote: »
    Very nice OP.

What we need to do is encourage everyone who doesn't play/isn't a part of this thread to join us on the free weekend that will be coming up shortly.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Demo unlocks should be weapons that make the class fair.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
    edited May 2009
    Saban wrote: »

I remember the days when the nades would explode on contact with a player even after a bounce... ah the good ol days.

LittleBoots on

• shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Saban wrote: »

I remember the days when the nades would explode on contact with a player even after a bounce... ah the good ol days.

And you had 6 grenades in the launcher.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Zek wrote: »
    12v12 Arena would be good, as long as it forces random teams every round.
    TechBoy wrote: »

It really doesn't say that at all, it's more like "Sorry we're bad at writing descriptive words guys, this is what the Huntsman actually does."

or even "did you even fucking read what we wrote? stop going apeshit."

Nuzak on
  • PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    AND RAIN?!
    I am so excited about rain!

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    i know right

do you think it will splash

Nuzak on
  • SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Will it be wet?

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • CohsaeCohsae Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    HOW WILL I BURN PEOPLE IN THE RAIN?!?!
    Valve I demand a blog post.

Cohsae on
    sig.gif
  • LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    As mentioned before, I am also down for 12v12 arena. I for one dont mind sitting out, however it would help the people who whine about it.

(Guys I get my mic back today)

Lagnar on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I like the new game mode, myself. I didn't really like that you play through payload maps twice.

Fencingsax on