As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girlfriend has a UTI...

2»

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    No I'm not equating them to the same thing beavo, just that's what we usually deal with in H/A. They come in with a weird question that's pretty common sense that you'd want to go to the doctor and that's why we basically jumped the bandwagon and assumed the worse.

But yes they're common, all dependent on the infection of course, but I expected the absolute worse that this had gone on for weeks and she was just asking justin now.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Peeing blood or her back hurting. That's basically what to watch out for.
    My wife keeps swearing she hopes some day I get a UTI so I know what it feels like.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpherickSpherick Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    My ex-wife would get these all the time - Uristat and some antibiotics always works.

Apparently if the girl needs to piss during or after sex, she shouldnt hold it or it makes the chance of a UTI 1000 times more likely. At least according to her doctor.

Spherick on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Well she's sitting next to me right now, having just read through the thread. The doctor gave her some anti-biotics and then told her "I could have done this over the phone." I hate that nurse she talked to so much.

Also, she thinks Bowen is funny.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    GdiguyGdiguy San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well she's sitting next to me right now, having just read through the thread. The doctor gave her some anti-biotics and then told her "I could have done this over the phone." I hate that nurse she talked to so much.

Well, maybe he shouldn't have had his office people blow her off on the phone then O_o

When my ex got one the first time, I can't imagine her not going to the doctor for a couple days - regardless of kidney damage / etc, she felt really terrible and there was zero chance she would be able to sit around like that for a week

Gdiguy on
  • Options
    AwkAwk Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

She's not a keeper.

jk!

Awk on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    BONUS ADVICE:

Get a HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) vaccination asap if you haven't got one. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease caused by it are among the most common reasons for infertility in women.

Daxon on
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ummmmmm, I'm pretty sure that if you go to a county hospital anywhere inside the United States they mandatorily have to treat you. It'll cost a lot of money, but it will work.

Crayon on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    free healthcare is awesome, I love Europe.

edit: okay so the UK and Sweden, fuck knows what the rest of Europe does...

Daxon on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Yeah when I started reading this thread I was really surprised her doctor's office wanted her to come in at all. Any UTI I have had in the past few years, I've called my doctor's office, the nurse/physician's assistant talked to me, I said "yeah I have [symptoms], I'm pretty sure it's a UTI," they said "yep" and called in a prescription to CVS for a few days of antibiotics. No waiting (or payment) for a visit required.

riz on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Crayon wrote: »
    Ummmmmm, I'm pretty sure that if you go to a county hospital anywhere inside the United States they mandatorily have to treat you. It'll cost a lot of money, but it will work.
    I'm fairly certain this only applies to emergency care, under the EMTALA law. They are required by law to do the following:
    * Perform a medical exam to determine if you are suffering from an emergency medical condition.
    * Treat you if you have an emergency medical condition.
    * Stabilize you and transfer you to another hospital if necessary for treatment.
    * If you do not have an "emergency medical condition", EMTALA imposes no further obligation on the hospital.

There are further provisos on that law (A pregnant woman in active labor must be admitted and treated, for example). Most UTIs won't be covered under EMTALA, although they will have to screen you if you go to an emergency room (you'll probably be sent to the back of the triage line, unless you are peeing blood or have other complicating medical conditions). Also, they are free to charge what they usually charge for an ER visit. Finally, this applies to ERs in hospitals, not to clinics.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Awk wrote: »

She's not a keeper.

jk!

I'll cut you!

And I'm glad it worked out. Doctors deal with this shit all the time, just pester the people at the front and say "I just need a prescription renewal (even though you don't) and they'll pass it, or you, along to the doctor.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me