As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

whip lash symptoms caused by broken molars

HorusHorus Los AngelesRegistered User regular
edited May 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Basically I cracked three molars which cause headache, stiff neck and tiring neck sensation. Dentist did first of two patches on my cracked teeth next Saturday is my final fixing. So far my only symptom is a stiff neck that is becoming into a whip lash feeling. I tried messages], hot showers and back exercises to relieve stress that do help. My symptoms come and go so I am coming here H/A hopefully someone has other home remedies to relax my neck.

Thank you

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
Horus on

• Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Does the pain get worse when you look down? Any fever?

Unfortunately, I don't know any magical cures other than lots of ibuprofen. You'll feel better after the last tooth is repaired.

Fats on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    No fever.. no pain moving up and down slight soreness when I move left and right but its very minor... the pain is not frequent but i have a tiring sensation on the back of my neck

Horus on
    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Good, good.

Your neck and jaw muscles do tense up in response to dental pain, so you're likely feeling the effects of that. The hot showers and massages are good ideas, anything to loosen the neck up. I hope you feel better after Saturday.

Fats on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    quick question would exercising cause a problem? Even if I do it lightly like cycle and light upper body?

Horus on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Nope, go for it.

Fats on