As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where's Yotsuba!?

CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for!Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Graphic Violence
I don't know if this is the right forum to ask in, but I was wondering what ever happened to the rest of the english Yotsuba volumes. Currently, the first 3 are available here in the states, and I have noticed that there has only been 3 for the past year. Did the company translating this manga just drop it like a hot rock? I would really like to know if there are plans to bring the rest of the series over to America.

post.png
Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
Cokomon on

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I've tried to talk about manga here in the past. I didn't have any luck. I have no idea what manga you are talking about, but maybe ask wikipedia?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I think ADV is just being dicks about releasing..well, anything manga lately. I don't know what's up with them.
    Wiki wrote:
    At Otakon 2006, ADV suggested that the series may resume in the first quarter of 2007.[1] However, it remains absent from ADV Manga's catalog of manga[2], though it should be pointed out that the ADV Manga website appears not to have been updated since 2004, before Yotsuba&! was even released in the US.

The ADV manga division is pretty much terrible. Good translations but bad everything else.

Furu on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    maybe they said "hey, there's a fuckton of other manga in stores, how about we let some good comics get some shelf space"

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Hilarious.

Furu on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    Don't you talk back to me

whoever you are

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I am Furu and I am here to take it to a comic book-based limit.

Furu on
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Furu wrote:
    I think ADV is just being dicks about releasing..well, anything manga lately. I don't know what's up with them.
    Wiki wrote:
    At Otakon 2006, ADV suggested that the series may resume in the first quarter of 2007.[1] However, it remains absent from ADV Manga's catalog of manga[2], though it should be pointed out that the ADV Manga website appears not to have been updated since 2004, before Yotsuba&! was even released in the US.

The ADV manga division is pretty much terrible. Good translations but bad everything else.

Hey thanks. Man, that is a pretty long hiatus.

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon