As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the E3 goings on thread

19495969798100»

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    AMP'd wrote: »
    Hey guys

The PS3mote is just the Wiimote

Except it works

Uhh... Motion Plus is coming out real soon, you know.

How much does it cost to get what you paid for?

I knew what I was buying when I got the Wii. There were no surprises, and I've had a lot of fun with it. Now there's a peripheral to make it even better. What's wrong with that?

Sony is doing pretty much the same thing. They're making a better motion controller than they had before.

Sony didn't sell the PS3 on the back of adverts and trailers that implied 1:1 movement or at least close to it, and instead deliver something that just turns your movement into button presses. With a pointer. The Wii still got some decent games, but nothing like it was supposed to deliver.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Harrier wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Harrier wrote: »
    holy shit holy shit I think we're going to get to see the krogan homeworld in ME2

How do you know?
    http://masseffect.bioware.com/community

I dunno.

I'm not seeing a lot of conclusive proof.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    YaYa wrote: »
    I hate to say it but I think Sony won E3

I mean Natal was great but I can just see more gameplay applications for Sony's dealie

Sony's remote is an actually workable Wiimote. So all the games you wish had worked on the Wii but didn't are probably fair game, but they're still facing the same limitations what you can do with a remote and nun-chuck vs your whole body.

It's also just something they are working on in the lab.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I liked the GT5 video with no release date. Just a little HEY HEY REMEMBER THIS WE PROMISED YOU THREE YEARS AGO? then shove it back under the bed.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Fugitive wrote: »
    I will be a believer in Motion Plus when I see it work in a game like the PS3mote.

Right now I've seen footage of Red Steel 2, which looks better than the first, but when talking about Motion Plus they were like "Now you can control the power of your canned swing animation"

You are making blood come out of my ears.

You haven't seen the PS3mote work in a game.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    I hate to say it but I think Sony won E3

I mean Natal was great but I can just see more gameplay applications for Sony's dealie

Sony's remote is an actually workable Wiimote. So all the games you wish had worked on the Wii but didn't are probably fair game, but they're still facing the same limitations what you can do with a remote and nun-chuck vs your whole body.

It's also just something they are working on in the lab.

Well I suppose they could come back with something that also attaches to your feet, but that would just be retarded.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I liked the GT5 video with no release date. Just a little HEY HEY REMEMBER THIS WE PROMISED YOU THREE YEARS AGO? then shove it back under the bed.
    I thought it was interesting they implemented NASCAR into the game.

Unfortunately, with a true sim, those cars will be near impossible drive and will just infuriate people.

An extremely heavy car without good downforce and smaller, shitty tires is not fun to drive.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    alright i think that's enough pages

Orikaeshigitae on
This discussion has been closed.