As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Clean up windows

Spectral SwallowSpectral Swallow Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
Is there a way to get windows cleaned up? I have a computer that has never been on the net, it's only use is running flash, but it also has XP installed, and has a bunch of things running that I don't assume I need(though disabling stuff refuses to let the computer start), so is there a program that tells me exactly what I need, like minimum? I tried spybot, but it didn't list half the things that were running.

Spectral Swallow on

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Reformat.

Zek on
  • Spectral SwallowSpectral Swallow Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The only XP disk I have is the one with the computer, but it still puts all the jazz back on. Like I said I've never had it on the net.

Spectral Swallow on
  • robaalrobaal Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    If you mean playing flash stuff then I think you could get that under Linux also.

Googling the filenames usually gets you results that'll tell you what the program does...

robaal on
    "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra when suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath.
    At night, the ice weasels come."

• Spectral SwallowSpectral Swallow Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I actually meant more like using flash. Which I don't think linux lets you do(I could be wrong though).

Spectral Swallow on
  • robaalrobaal Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    If you mean authoring then it looks like even WiNE won't help.
    Supposedly OpenOffice.org can make flash... things but I doubt it's as advanced as the official program.

robaal on
    "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra when suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath.
    At night, the ice weasels come."