As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Black Wii, Red DSi announced for Japan - Black Wii MH3 bundle also to be released

2»

• Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    MH3 is coming stateside maybe even by Xmas.

corin7 on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Capcom has confirmed a few times that they plan on bringing it stateside (they mention it in the second video). No dates or anything yet, and clearly it would have a long localization ahead of it, based on amount of content, pay-to-play and internet support.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ... if you're willing to do the homebrew stuff I'm certain there are tools for backing up your saves and for moving your VC games. I'd link you but unfortunately some of the tools that you might need to use can also be used for nefarious deeds.

Check out the wii homebrew thread because the owner is an upstanding gentleman and is able to mention everything that is necessary in an elegant way without even brushing up against the law.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Capcom has confirmed a few times that they plan on bringing it stateside (they mention it in the second video). No dates or anything yet, and clearly it would have a long localization ahead of it, based on amount of content, pay-to-play and internet support.

Whoa whoa whoa. Pay-to-play? Really? Is it an MMO?

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

It has always been pay to play in Japan. The only full MH they brought to the states, MH1, was free to play. So we have no idea if it will be pay to play here. It really isn't a mmo and the localization has already started and really won't take long. It is not a traditional RPG at all. There is no story, no dialogue etc. Just lots of combat. All they really need to localize is text for menus and items.

corin7 on
  • Options
    XiaNaphryzXiaNaphryz Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

MH games in Japan have always been pay-to-play. When they bring it over to the US, they aren't though.

XiaNaphryz on
  • Options
    GallantRoweGallantRowe Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    XiaNaphryz wrote: »
    MH games in Japan have always been pay-to-play. When they bring it over to the US, they aren't though.

Wow I guess that makes Japan jealous of us, now. The tables have turned.

GallantRowe on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Obviously I'm not going to replace my Wii, but I'd buy a black Wiimote in a heartbeat.

edit: What are the odds that two people would use the phrase "in a heartbeat" back to back? Weird.

Now you know why the vitality sensor is so important!

I don't care a whole lot about the different colors, but I may pick up the new version of the classic controller.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    VothVoth Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I was really hoping for an orange Wii. It reminds me of delicious creamsicles.

I only played the US Monster Hunter briefly but I enjoyed it enough to want MH3. I hope they get some WiiSpeak support in there for us.

Voth on
    reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nintendo should release a wii that looks like this eventually -

NESrevo3.jpg

Zerokku on
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Why would you go underwater with things like that living there?

Verr on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Halfmex wrote: »
    That looks like a better classic controller.
    Such a better controller, holy shit. Release that bad boy over here and I'd buy another Wii in a heartbeat.
    I'm sold on it if it doesn't have the stupid thick uncomfortable backing that the original classic controller has.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That controller looks like the 360 pad and the Dualshock 3 had a very beautiful child.

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    SAW776SAW776 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Zerokku wrote: »

NESrevo3.jpg

I would buy that shit so hard.

SAW776 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PSN: SAW776
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Zerokku wrote: »

NESrevo3.jpg

Won't be the same if you can't blow into the slot.

XiaNaphryz on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I really hope they release the black Wii over here soon. My launch Wii is having some serious problems. Every time I boot it up now, I get a message saying the system files are corrupted. The thing still runs though, but I have to boot it up in maintainence mode. Still, I know it's just a ticking bomb waiting to go off. I'd feel better about buying a new one if it were a sleek black one.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    mekman 2mekman 2 a goober Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I really hope they release the black Wii over here soon. My launch Wii is having some serious problems. Every time I boot it up now, I get a message saying the system files are corrupted. The thing still runs though, but I have to boot it up in maintainence mode. Still, I know it's just a ticking bomb waiting to go off. I'd feel better about buying a new one if it were a sleek black one.

Yeah, mine doesn't read/see the disc when I return to the firmware before and after I attempt to hot swap a game disc.

There's no error message when I do this either. It will see the game disc already inside the Wii after I reset the firmware from the wii-mote though. It happened after I updated the firmware to 4.0 (the Wii-storage SDHC card, and SD channel update).

I don't smoke and I have and have used the official Wii lens cleaner. It's not a huge problem and it only happens after I've played a game, but after returning to the Wii-channels screen from the home-button on the wii-mote, it doesn't let me return to the game disc from the disc channel because it won't read or load it (as if there is no disc in it at all) and the Wii itself will freeze if I instead go to the SD channel during this same session.

Also I do not use the homebrew channel and I haven't modded my Wii or anything, I don't believe in dong that stuff to my nice hardware.

Although it hasn't been happening lately it still worries me, What's going on, and does anyone else have similar problems with their Wii?

mekman 2 on
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I want that so bad, and I already own a Wii.

Shit, god damn you society for making us consumer whores.

Also...a black wii?

Oh SNAP

KING WII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cade on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    From the same Neogaf thread the info originated in:
    Yes Boss! wrote:
    All the black accessories and system (by itself) are up at play-asia. Wiimotes, nunchucks, and Classic Controller Pros are $5 above US cost. They don't yet have the Monster Hunter Wii bundle.

Classic Controller Pro
    Wiimote
    Nunchuck
    Black Wii System

I grabbed a Black Wii and an extra Classic Controller Pro. I'm guessing NCS will put their preorders up tomorrow.

XiaNaphryz on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    mekman 2 wrote: »

Yeah, mine doesn't read/see the disc when I return to the firmware before and after I attempt to hot swap a game disc.

There's no error message when I do this either. It will see the game disc already inside the Wii after I reset the firmware from the wii-mote though. It happened after I updated the firmware to 4.0 (the Wii-storage SDHC card, and SD channel update).

I don't smoke and I have and have used the official Wii lens cleaner. It's not a huge problem and it only happens after I've played a game, but after returning to the Wii-channels screen from the home-button on the wii-mote, it doesn't let me return to the game disc from the disc channel because it won't read or load it (as if there is no disc in it at all) and the Wii itself will freeze if I instead go to the SD channel during this same session.

Also I do not use the homebrew channel and I haven't modded my Wii or anything, I don't believe in dong that stuff to my nice hardware.

Although it hasn't been happening lately it still worries me, What's going on, and does anyone else have similar problems with their Wii?

The only thing I can add is that I did dabble in homebrew. Although never to the degree of installing custom firmwares. Plus, it worked just fine beforehand. In fact, when the system first started giving me the corrupted file error, it was from opening the Mii channel, not anything homebrew.

I've thought about just trying to send it in, but I'm hesitant since even if I delete the homebrew stuff, they could just take one look at it and say no.

Kind of annoyed at the whole situation, but if it was of my own doing, I can at least live with that.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."