As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

House of M question

LanglyLangly Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Graphic Violence
I was going to ask this in the whippy thread, but then it got way too long so I thought I'd make my own post. I don't have many friends who read comics so I was just trying to get a feel about:

[spoiler:b3f601e4e9]how people perceived the Scarlet Witch dynamic to what's been happening recently. I was loving Avengers dissasembled until the whole reason (she's crying cause she can't have a kid) turned out to be her.

And then not only does she cause a huge alien invasion, kill the Vision and Hawkeye, but she changes all of fucking reality? I mean, come on. That's seems like such a bullshit move. With that logic, she has more power than the phoenix. At least that entity needs to take the time to blow the universe up.

SW could, conceivably, have said "no more universe" and it would have happened. I dunno, it just seems like the marvel writers needed something to shake up the mutant population (as well as their world in general) and couldn't think of a good reason to do it. Has SW ever demonstrated this kind of power? How can you just take away a mutant's mutation? Wouldn't it be hardwired into their dna, if not actually their dna? It's just been pissing me off for so long, I wanted to ask. Also, Quicksilver sucks cocks. The whole focal point of the crisis just....ARGH!

Makes me mad. Anyone feel differently? The same?[/spoiler:b3f601e4e9]

I've really been liking Civil War so far, and this lead-in/su plot seems very unneccessary.

Langly on

• Options
    laughterkillsmelaughterkillsme Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, well ... its a comic so I don't get so bent out of shape over it. You're right though, when did Scarlet Witch become Ultimate Loki?

laughterkillsme on
    freealonesig.jpg
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    well, they do mention that at the end of the main house of m series, that basically she shouldn't be able to do that, logically, so it's all going to come back somehow

yadda yadda big ball of mutant energy or whatever

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Loki did it.

Hensler on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2006
    Servo wrote:
    well, they do mention that at the end of the main house of m series, that basically she shouldn't be able to do that, logically, so it's all going to come back somehow

yadda yadda big ball of mutant energy or whatever

they kind of dealt with that with the whole Collective arc in New Avengers

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    well if it hasn't been in a trade, i haven't read it

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    for new avengers, at least

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    SO WHAT HAPPENED GEEBS JESUS

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hah, I thought suddenly people were responding to the post, but it just turns out servo is talking to himself. :D

Langly on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2006
    [spoiler:af81c050e3]all of the powers went into some guy in alaska causing his town to blow up and then he kills alpha flight

later on he fights the new avengers and sentry flies into space with him but he gets away and heads to genosha where he merges with magneto because the collective is apparently xorn

then the sentry throws him into the sun and magneto "explodes"[/spoiler:af81c050e3]

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    [spoiler:9ca18043bc]all of the powers went into some guy in alaska causing his town to blow up and then he kills alpha flight

later on he fights the new avengers and sentry flies into space with him but he gets away and heads to genosha where he merges with magneto because the collective is apparently xorn

then the sentry throws him into the sun and magneto "explodes"[/spoiler:9ca18043bc]

Not that either of these are necessarily all that important, but

[spoiler:9ca18043bc]The collective apparently acted like Xorn because Xorn is pure energy and could control the other energy, or some such crap. This was apparently an attempt to explain the Xorneto thing, which I didn't care about in the first place, so I didn't particularly follow this either.

The only part that might matter long term is that I think it's not that Magneto exploded, but that Xorn/Collective gave him his powers back and he escaped. Even if that wasn't the original intent, since it's inevitable Magneto is coming back as a villain/hero with powers, I assume that's how it'll be interpreted.[/spoiler:9ca18043bc]

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    okay, i read the beginning of that story i guess ([spoiler:b509f279f8]alpha flight etc[/spoiler:b509f279f8] but didn't see the end

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    awesome_andyawesome_andy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I thought house of M would have been more dynamic if it would have lasted longer, say two or three years.
    I realize that would never happen what with the almighty status quo, but still.

awesome_andy on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    yeah, i was actually totally interested in like seeing that elite black ops unit wolverine was supposed to lead go on some missions

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I thought house of M would have been more dynamic if it would have lasted longer, say two or three years.
    I realize that would never happen what with the almighty status quo, but still.

It'd have been a hell of a lot better than several more months of hunting down unregistered heroes following the conclusion of Civil War.

robosagogo on