As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Best Duo Class Combo? Making The Most Of 3x EXP!

DancinHansonDancinHanson Registered User new member
edited June 2009 in MMO Extravaganza
Hi everyone!

So, I got my girlfriend addicted to WoW recently. We leveled up a druid/pally combo to 60 in a matter of weeks, and we are both thinking of making the most of our 3x exp bonus by leveling as many alts to 60 as possible until our time runs out in early August. She is thinking of making a hunter for the next combo, and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good class to partner with the hunter. Or, if you have any other combos that have worked well together in the past. I'm looking for most well rounded in PvP and PvE cases.

Any advice or comments is greatly appreciated!

DancinHanson on

• Options
    PerytonPeryton Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'd assume that ideally you would both be dps spec with one person capable of healing, but you used two of the healer classes in your first combo. I'd probably pair warlock with hunter as you could both use your pets to tank and shouldn't need to heal ever. After that something like:

shadow priest / mage
    warrior / enhancement shaman

and then of course:

rogue / rogue

Peryton on
  • Options
    theclamtheclam Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My brother and I are doing Enh Shaman / BM Hunter at the moment. We also did a Druid / Lock a while back. They were both very strong. Priest / Pally didn't work so hot, they didn't synergize well.

theclam on
    rez_guy.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Priest / Pally could work well later on, but the first 30 levels are pretty tedious. When I first started the came when WoW came out my friend rolled a pally and I rolled a priest. It was torture. Redridge should burn to the ground.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    LogicowLogicow Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I played with my sister and got a paladin / warrior combo to 60.

Paladins can do a little bit of everything, all while giving good party buffs. And mad mana regen.

Warriors are pretty bad because they need rage to function properly and don't offer any real buffs other than the occasional shout.

If you're lazy enough you can use two computers side by side and controls sharing software. It works wonders with hunters, because they can assist you, send their pet on your target, use auto-shot, viper sting and follow your other character, all in a single spammable macro.
    Druids can make a spammable moonfire macro but it's not nearly as good because they'll run out of mana very fast.
    I'm thinking any class with instant cast spells with small cooldowns could do that.

I think some classes have two spells that chain very well, where the second spell is a long cast and requires a debuff from the first. Maybe you could have one guy casting the slow spell on an enemy, and a second one to cast the debuff spell right before the slow spell hits.

In any case it's pretty fast to get to lvl 60 with the recruit a friend bonus no matter which classes you use so use the class you want to be playing post-60.

Logicow on
  • Options
    lifeincognitolifeincognito Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If she wants to level a hunter, level a Hunter with her as well. You won't be needing heals when everything dies before it gets within 20 yards of you. Or try Warlock/Warlock for equally hilarious results with one Void Walker and one Imp I would be surprised if you couldn't duo instances as you leveled.

lifeincognito on
    losers weepers. jawas keepers.
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I was going to suggest levelling a hunter with your gf's hunter as well. With a combo like that you can cause so much carnage. One of you should pick a tank pet while the other does a dps pet, and once the tank pet gets Thunderstop it turns into olol monster raep.

A mage might be fun, though I think during normal questing you'll probably feel like you can hardly get a spell off before the hunter kills shit. In fact, you'll probably feel that way with almost anything other than another hunter.

I'd also like to second doing a rogue/rogue combo at some point. So much fun. A friend and I did that combo back in the days before Blizzard nerfed all the elite content in the old lands. As in, Dun Murogh (I think that's the name... that dwarven fortress in Hillsbrad) was loaded up with elite dwarves who respawned like DAYUM... and we sneaked through that place, picking off dwarves and snatching up the quest items we needed to collect. It was fantastic.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Warrior/Paladin - For leveling the warrior goes Arms and Paladin goes ret -- just make sure the paladin knows to heal in emergencies.
    Druid/Rogue - Stealth kills and support from the druid. Lots of options here. Bear tank and rogue stab, rogue tanks and druid heals...
    Druid/Druid - Same as above, lots of options for this combo.
    Warlock/Hunter - 2 pets, its basically a party of 4 with huge damage output. Will wreck most outdoor questing. I suggest for leveling the Hunter goes BM and Warlock goes Destro.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Priest/Mage is a classic duo, having the mage run around AoEing the bejeezus out of mob camps with the priest supporting.

Hunter/Hunter and Hunter/Warlock also works very well. They both level very fast on their own in the first place, but when you both have pets it's a small army.

Scosglen on