As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Last Night in New Phalland - Village Victory

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Well, given evidence of Talleyrand's innocence, perhaps Cinders is the better choice?

Someone give some input here.

godmode on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm always okay with voting out Cinders.

But that has nothing to do with analysis or anything that would actually help the village.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Well, look at how he's never put forth a thought of his own, instead always hopping on a bandwagon and voting for the popular guy.
    Who do you think we should vote for, if not Cinders?

godmode on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    That second sentence was talking about my first sentence, as a joke.

Like previously stated I'm clueless. And as I told someone else, I'm kinda disappointed that I lack the motivation this phalla to even scour posts and vote history for suspects.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    iamtheaznman

Cinders on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Due to work being busy as hell, and actually being able to have a social life in the evenings, I haven't been as active as I'd hoped.

I'm going with iamtheaznman because I don't really have anything better to go on. My vote's pretty much up for grabs if anyone can offer a better target or we could all agree on something.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Having spoken to a few of my trusted compatriots, I believe a vote for Cinders is a vote to save the village!

Join me RocketSauce!

Campy on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Campy wrote: »
    Having spoken to a few of my trusted compatriots, I believe a vote for Cinders is a vote to save the village!

Join me RocketSauce!

Are those compatriots mafia?

Are you now part of The Networkâ„¢?

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Currently, Cinders is the most likely suspect, after foolishly trying to appeal to me by claiming to be just another vanillager, which I have no reason to believe until someone else can possibly confirm this, otherwise it sounds like a very obvious lie.

godmode on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    How about we stop convincing Godmode via PM and convince the thread right here...

I feel like convincing Godmode via PM is why hes getting confused. More eyes = batter decisions...maybe?

This is what i've been trying to say. All of this PM business is just getting us in trouble since NO ONE is verified.

And Godmode. I don't know who you are. No one knows who you are. We know what you claimed and we also know that your claim has lead to the death of two village specials and one colonist yet you also seems absolutely adamant about PMing people and receiving PMs.

A village special with a vigilante ability that only hits other specials and for whatever reason is never killed by the mafia despite possibly not being protected in the first place is a really strange thing.

Note: No one tried to kill you at all last night. Weird. You've been outed for a long time.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    How about we stop convincing Godmode via PM and convince the thread right here...

I feel like convincing Godmode via PM is why hes getting confused. More eyes = batter decisions...maybe?

This is what i've been trying to say. All of this PM business is just getting us in trouble since NO ONE is verified.

And Godmode. I don't know who you are. No one knows who you are. We know what you claimed and we also know that your claim has lead to the death of two village specials and one colonist yet you also seems absolutely adamant about PMing people and receiving PMs.

A village special with a vigilante ability that only hits other specials and for whatever reason is never killed by the mafia despite possibly not being protected in the first place is a really strange thing.

Note: No one tried to kill you at all last night. Weird. You've been outed for a long time.

Incorrect, sir. Perhaps I'm just deathproof?

godmode on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    You are not Kurt Russel.

(Are you Kurt Russel?)

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The world may never know.

In any case, if there was a narration, it would have shown that the attempt on my life was repelled. I didn't want to be open about having found the guard, but it's true. I can't say who they are, though, as that'd be rather unwise.

In any case, Cinders, if you want to declare you innocence, do it here. I don't want anymore PMs.

godmode on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Oh, my mistake, Cinders was silenced last night.

Hmmm. Perhaps he's not the culprit we thought he was? What do you all think of Dac Vin? He seems mighty suspicious.

godmode on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    He's silenced, he can't declare his innocence publicly.

With your claims of a guardian protecting you, then that makes Cinders less suspicious in my mind, as B:L's ability might not have done anything to him.

Dac Vin made some hefty claims about Cinders without backing them up yet. This is starting to concern me.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Well, with this recent information, I'm more likely to say no more Cinders, yes more Dac Vin. Mostly because Dac Vin is always evil, but I didn't want to believe it. But now he's just too shady to deny.

godmode on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Alright, back on. The main thing we should for now is vote Cinders - I'm absolutely certain this guy is an Infiltrator, and thus up to no good. Also, one should check/kill Spork since I do believe he's the Saboteur, Cinders' partner in crime.

As to how I found out this:

I had a one use investigation ability which let me choose a dead villager, and learn more info about them. If they had any abilities, I could gain it for my own use. If they were part of the mafia or any other group, I could also learn the identity of another member of said group.

Last night, I used that ability on Minor Second - he was an Assassin, and I was curious about that. Turns out, Minor Second was part of a group, probably mafia, consisting of him, an Infiltrator and a Saboteur. While I don't know who the Saboteur IS, this is how I learnt of Cinders' real identity.

So this tells us some things: first, we might not be doing as badly as we thought - if my observation is right, the mafia isn't highlighted as such, as are all the specials. Second, we should also watch out for "indentured servants" - Minor Second was one and a Assassin, and they might be the mafia group we're looking for.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Is this story out of truth or necessity? I'm hesitant to believe you now.

godmode on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Everything I said is truth.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    If what you are saying is true, that suggests two evil groups to me then, though we don't know what their relationship to each other is. An infiltration group and a dark magic group. And while we've dented the infiltrators, we haven't done shit to the magic users yet.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Well, let's hold off Dac Vin for now and look at some others from the list.

I now suspect The Lawinator.

godmode on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Savant wrote: »
    If what you are saying is true, that suggests two evil groups to me then, though we don't know what their relationship to each other is. An infiltration group and a dark magic group. And while we've dented the infiltrators, we haven't done shit to the magic users yet.

That's what I'm wondering too. If the mafia doesn't consist of the indentured servants but only of these three, that would be way too low, even if they all had powers. Plus going with what DUE said, those guys just doesn't strike me as the "dark" type.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    That makes me wonder a bit more about B:L, as we can't be certain what his alignment was based on the death results. But given that he was telling the truth about Variable and his role, that leads me to believe him.

We need to start finding the dark magic users pretty damn soon regardless.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

We did kill B:L. Voodoo Priest sure doesn't seem good. Well still not to me.

Anyway. It looks like it would be in our best interest to take out Spork and Cinders today. Any objections?

Godmode. Are you just going to vote for everyone once so there's no accurate record of who you've voted for?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TalleyrandTalleyrand Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm thinking we should kill one of the people in the "network" just to give us a clue as to whether they're evil or not. Unless they've been infiltrated then they should all share the same alignment.

Also I'm not so sure the indentured servants are necessarily evil. I know that one good group must make an alliance with a different good group in order to survive so I guess two groups must be necessary.

Talleyrand on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Godmode. Are you just going to vote for everyone once so there's no accurate record of who you've voted for?

Hardly! I vote for people that I have deemed suspicious! You may view this list on page 38, as Spork shares the same suspicions I do, it seems. And we've already deemed Spork relatively harmless, so I believe it would be in our best interest to try and find the guy that's trying to kill me instead of wasting our time going over old territory. You suspecting me is doing no good, by the way. Why don't you help out the good guys instead of hindering?

godmode on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Eh, I'm inclined to believe Dac Vin. Cinders has been on some peoples radars for a while now, however what makes Law suspicious?

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Eh, I'm inclined to believe Dac Vin. Cinders has been on some peoples radars for a while now, however what makes Law suspicious?

He poses no original thought, only pops in once a day to leave a smartass comment, vote for the bandwagon, then disappear again...after PMing Eddy with his intent to poison me.

godmode on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I'm inclined to believe Dac Vin about Cinders.

Talleyrand on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Wait Godmode you know someone has been trying to kill you?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Of course, he's the vigilante. It's pretty hard not to believe that at this point.

Talleyrand on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2009

I said that a little while ago! Must be on this page or the last, in a response to you.

godmode on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I don't have much time today, unfortunately, but I did manage to read up on the thread. I'm thinking Cinders is our best bet at this point, because if he's not a baddie, then we'll know that Dac Vin was feeding us a line of shit.

Judging from what I've seen, I'm definitely inclined to believe that there are 2 groups of baddies, one using dark magic and one using more...physical means? This could also indicate that there are different types of guards as well, so godmode's claim that he has a guard isn't necessarily false.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Spork, for now.

There's so much movement at cross purposes going on here that I am completely out of the loop. I have no clue whatsoever what's going on. It seems like we're making changes based on PMs that almost nobody has actually seen.

The Lord of Hats on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I'll !retract Proximity and !vote Cinders, as it provides the best way to test whether Dac Vin was able to find Cinders. (Though he might not be telling the full truth as to how he found Cinders)

Savant on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    !Cinders

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'll !retract Proximity and !vote Cinders, as it provides the best way to test whether Dac Vin was able to find Cinders. (Though he might not be telling the full truth as to how he found Cinders)
    Oh, for sure. I should probably reiterate that in games where there are two or more groups of bad guys, Person A pointing out that Person B is a bad guy doesn't necessarily mean that Person A isn't also a bad guy, since they could be from different groups.

So even if Dac Vin is correct, that doesn't necessarily clear him.

In fact, I'd like some more information on what exactly his role is named and the exact flavor mechanics that allow him to perform his action.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Cinders is worth a shot.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Cinders

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Cinders as well. Man, I wish I had something to contribute in this game. Every hunch I've had has been pretty much useless though.

GrimmyTOA on