As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer

Bloods EndBloods End Blade of TyshallePunch dimensionRegistered User regular
edited December 2006 in Graphic Violence
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hAiJZphA9BM

Youtubed for everyone not in the united states.

Thoughts? I think it looks pretty good. The character designs are still a little off to me, but the animation is nice and fluid and I love the way the fight scenes look. I'm also really digging the fact that they put Kirai in. And the voices are pretty spot on.

Bloods End on

• randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm just glad it isn't a live action/cg movie. That would be terrible but this looks rather decent. Color me surprised

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Is there something out there at a higher res than a shitty youtube version?

august on
  • Vanilla CokeVanilla Coke Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Aww man, a "Once every certain amount of time things from space come and try to kill earth" plot. Everything else looks awesome, though.

Vanilla Coke on
  • klokklok Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Man I really hope this movie is longer than 2 hours (or close to it).

klok on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm just glad it isn't a live action/cg movie. That would be terrible but this looks rather decent. Color me surprised
    I'm the opposite. I think this looks terrible and prefer the look of the original live action film.

robosagogo on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It looks slighty more like the original comic, which I think is a good thing.

august on
  • rchourchou Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I dig the melodramatic super action movie music/voiceover...

the kids'll eat it up!

rchou on
    edited December 2006
    rchou wrote:
    I dig the melodramatic super action movie music/voiceover...

the kids'll eat it up!
    Along with the licensed cereal and fruit snacks!

robosagogo on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    It looks like it wants to be serious and not serious at the same time.

I don't think it'll work. :?

Garlic Bread on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:

I don't know, I think the current cartoon pulled that off nicely.

Before all of this "LET'S SEND THEM INTO THE FUTURE" shit anyway.

Furu on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Keith wrote:

I don't know, I think the current cartoon pulled that off nicely.

Before all of this "LET'S SEND THEM INTO THE FUTURE" shit anyway.

You know what would kick ass though? If in the movie..right? They send them BACK in time to some asian country and make them samurai! They can call it TMNT: The Asian Sensations! Right? Right?

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited December 2006
    Looking again, I notice their heads seem too big to even fit into their shells.

I guess there won't be a reprisal of "God I love being a turtle!" :cry:

robosagogo on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Man, I need to get the original movies on DVD. It's been far to long since I last saw them.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited December 2006
    I myself really only appreciated the first film. It was just a bit darker, and I think it showcased the surreality of fucking ninja turtles better than the other two which toned things down (no Shredder getting crushed to death) and depended more on wacky humor (Man, time displaced Japanese sure are funny!).

I haven't seen the movies in as many as ten years myself, though, so I only have my adolescent impressions to go on.

robosagogo on
    edited December 2006
    Shredder is probably the king of cool villian deaths, between the first two movies and [spoiler:486bcf16b5]Leonardo decapitating him[/spoiler:486bcf16b5] in the new cartoon.

Though arguably the second one doesn't really count...

Furu on
  • drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?name=movies&id=1547483

Slightly better version. Maaan I want to see this in HD, though.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
    edited December 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Shredder is probably the king of cool villian deaths, between the first two movies and [spoiler:9c88782c35]Leonardo decapitating him[/spoiler:9c88782c35] in the new cartoon.

Though arguably the second one doesn't really count...

Yeah, the second death was lame by comparison (he brings a pier down on himself, or something?), more so because it was preceded by Vanilla Ice's ninja rap. Even as a pre-teen I had enough rationality to realize how embarrassing it all was.

robosagogo on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    Don't you talk bad on "Go Ninja Go"

I will kill you

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2006
    There's really no way you could look at them and realize they were ninjas.

The only way Vanilla Ice could have known is if he himself were a ninja. :shock:

robosagogo on
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:

The only way Vanilla Ice could have known is if he himself were a ninja. :shock:

I don't think that's possible. The only ninja thing he's ever done was almost kill Jon Stewart and Christ Kattan with a baseball bat on MTV.

Furu on
    edited December 2006
    Furu wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

I don't think that's possible. The only ninja thing he's ever done was almost kill Jon Stewart and Christ Kattan with a baseball bat on MTV.
    He wouldn't be much of a ninja if we knew about all the ninja things he's done.

robosagogo on
    edited December 2006
    And I meant the spoilered one didn't really count, since [spoiler:20366b6f97]Cartoon Shredder is a robotic suit[/spoiler:20366b6f97]. I think Death by Pier is pretty cool.

Furu on
    edited December 2006
    Furu wrote:
    And I meant the spoilered one didn't really count, since [spoiler:c45990156b]Cartoon Shredder is a robotic suit[/spoiler:c45990156b]. I think Death by Pier is pretty cool.
    Not when he brings the pier down on himself it isn't.

robosagogo on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The first movie was good. The second and third were terrible. This looks like it can't make up its mind if it wants to be like the first movie, or like that goofy cartoon from years ago.

DouglasDanger on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The first movie was good. The second and third were terrible. This looks like it can't make up its mind if it wants to be like the first movie, or like that goofy cartoon from years ago.
    :? The first movie was only "good" insofar as it was so bad that it was fun to laugh at. It's a step above MST3K material.

I don't think I saw the second movie. The third movie was retarded.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
    edited December 2006
    man you are trolling all over the place

go take some happy pills or something

DouglasDanger on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    :? The first movie was only "good" insofar as it was so bad that it was fun to laugh at. It's a step above MST3K material.

I don't think I saw the second movie. The third movie was retarded.

You aren't allowed in this thread anymore.

Bloods End on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited December 2006

go take some happy pills or something
    You know, I've noticed lately that a lot of people on PA now consider having a differing opinion to be "trolling".

Quite sad, really.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
    edited December 2006

He's trolling because he said that the movie wasn't good?

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2006
    It was the way TP was posting in D and D, not just differing, but being really blunt and assholeish in the way of presenting his differing opinion.

but whatever

i remain cautiously optimistic about this new movie

i think i saw turtles in armor in the trailer

i am not sure how i feel about this

DouglasDanger on
    edited December 2006
    Again, the newer cartoon walks the line pretty good between goofy and serious. It gets away with a hell of a lot content wise too, so I don't see why a theatrical movie should be any different.

Furu on
    edited December 2006
    Because it's a different medium and it's aiming for a different audience?

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Again, the newer cartoon walks the line pretty good between goofy and serious. It gets away with a hell of a lot content wise too, so I don't see why a theatrical movie should be any different.

The mere fact that they went with ugly CG alone should indicate that it's being guided by what they assume will be popular rather than trusting in the inherent worth of the concept and series conventions.

The first film really isn't that good when viewed amongst every film that has ever existed, but it's quite good as far as juvenile entertainment goes. I don't think it will have aged quite as terribly as other shit I consumed like Power Rangers and Goosebumps.

robosagogo on
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:

The cartoon airs on Saturday mornings! What audience do you think they're going after?

Furu on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I remember when the origional movies came out when I was young. Naturally I loved them, but that was because I was 7. Looking back they are good movies for what they had to work with, even as cool as the TMNT are.

I think im in the camp that is glad the movie is CGI and not live action. This allows them to do more with the characters instad of using some actor crammed into a large, cumbersome suit.

The first looks seem ok enough, ill remain cautiously optimistic.

Marathon on
    edited December 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Keith wrote:

The cartoon airs on Saturday mornings! What audience do you think they're going after?

I'm sure they're trying to get a lot more viewers than the kids that watch it on Saturday mornings

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2006
    Do I only think the CG is ugly because there's something wrong with me or because I have a terrible eye for quality?

robosagogo on
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Do I only think the CG is ugly because there's something wrong with me or because I have a terrible eye for quality?

It could just be not for you.

Furu on
  • StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Their heads look a little odd to me...
    I'm going to have to see this though, if only for the ability to shit all over it for raping my childhood.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The first movie was great. The second was pretty good. The third was pointless.
    Fixed. And I want, nay, need there to be a Casey Jones presence in this film.

I am pumped.

Torso Boy on