As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Solicitations for September 2009

wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Graphic Violence
Here are the previews for Marvels September solicitations. I'll update this post once full solicits are out.

Full Solicits at Newsarama

EDIT: Full solicits are up.

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
wwtMask on

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Goddamit Jeph Loeb! Why did you have to fuck up the Ultimate line?.... WHY!?

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    And you can just tell by reading these solicits that the Ultimate line is beyond repair? I get all the Ultimatum hate but I at least think you should give all non-Loeb UC books a chance.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I like those solicitations. More Warren Ellis Ultimate Iron Man is a good thing.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Thats true. Its just that the last few years have seen anything Jeph Loeb minus Tim Sale turn into a giant clusterfuck. Sales wise Marvel's been on top, but the quality coming out from "Ultimatum" was vomit inducing at best.

Hopefully the Ultimate Line relaunch will erode some of the suck eminating from Jeph's hands.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Since Ultimatum was really just "hey let's slim this shit down and reunify it" I don't think he really killed the Ultimate line at all!

Just wrote one really bad event mini

Me Too! on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Tony Stark has a brain tumor or whatever, so Millar is introducing his smarter, richer, probably ruder, more dickish older brother!

Groan

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Armor wars? Again?

Hello McFly!

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Added link to advanced X solicitations.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Added link to Newsarama advanced solicits.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I just want to say a big FUCK YEAH to the new Criminal series.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Goddamnit Reed, you put that Gauntlet down right now.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Weaver wrote: »
    Armor wars? Again?

Hello McFly!

I just can't wait till they remake and "Ultimatize" Hypervelocity.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I've never heard of Kathryn Immomen before. Is she a good fit for Runaways?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Wait - Tony Stark, in a Doom suit, beating up on his own creations? I just got interested.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I asked the same question a while ago, and someone responded by showing a quote in which she said there needed to be more making out between the Runaways, or something.

:(

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    Magna InfernoMagna Inferno Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    M.O.D.O.K: REIGN DELAY
    Written by RYAN DUNLAVEY
    Pencils & Cover by RYAN DUNLAVEY
    Down on his luck, MODOK moves back into his parent's house in Erie, Pennsylvania and discovers that his family, old classmates and apathetic locals can thwart his plans for world conquest better than any super hero. Featuring obligatory guest appearances by Norman Osborn and some Canadian mutant super hero you've probably never heard of.
    40 PGS./One-Shot/Rated T+ ...$3.99

Hahaha, Probabaly never heard of. Thats awesome

Magna Inferno on
    ultimates-1.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It'd be great if it really did end up being some buttfuck nowhere Canuck mutant that nobody had really heard of

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    It'd be great if it really did end up being some buttfuck nowhere Canuck mutant that nobody had really heard of

John Candy?

I'm...so sorry.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The gratuitous and unsuspected Wolverine appearance in Skrull Kill Krew was amazing.
    Logan in bondage gear slicing up Skrull cowboys.

Weaver on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    SHANG-CHI: MASTER OF KUNG-FU
    Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN, CHARLIE HUSTON, MIKE BENSON & ROBIN FURTH
    Penciled by KODY CHAMBERLAIN, NELSON & MORE!
    Cover by LUCIO PARRILLO
    It’s DEADPOOL versus SHANG-CHI, the peerless Master of Kung-Fu, in a KUNG-FU MOTORCYCLE RACE! You won’t believe your eyes when you read this all-new, all-action, all-black-and-white one shot in the spirit of the Mighty Marvel Magazines of yore, but ALL-NOW in style! The kung-fu fighting never lets up for a moment over these four stories by some of Marvel’s hottest
    writers, including a prose tale by DARK TOWER’s Robin Furth! If you like your comics bold—this is for you!
    48 PGS./Black and White/One-Shot/Parental Advisory ...$3.99
    Shang is wearing chucks with his kung fu costume. Awesome or terrible? Not sure.
    IMMORTAL WEAPONS #3 (of 5)
    Written by RICK SPEARS
    Art by TIMOTHY GREEN II
    Cover by DAVID AJA
    Iron Fist Back-Up Story by DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI & TRAVEL FOREMAN
    The legends say that if you’re an orphan, a runaway, one of the forgotten, and you get lost enough – you will find your way to the Under-City.
    As British warships pound China’s shores during the thick of the first Opium War, scores of orphan refugees keep themselves warm at night with stories of the Under-City and its champion, their protector – Dog Brother #1! Hero to all the strays on all the streets of the world! But with orphans mysteriously disappearing from the streets, are the boys’ stories of Dog Brother just that...and does anybody exist who will help them? Don’t miss this action-packed one-shot spinning out of the pages of IMMORTAL IRON FIST!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

woo Dog Brother #1! I fricking love Dog Brother #1!
    STRANGE TALES #1 (of 3)
    Written and Drawn by PAUL POPE, PETER BAGGE, MOLLY CRABAPPLE, JOHN LEAVITT, JUNKO MIZUNO, DASH SHAW, JAMES KOCHALKA, JOHNNY RYAN, MICHAEL KUPPERMAN, NICK BERTOZZI, NICHOLAS GUREWICH & JASON
    Cover by PAUL POPE
    At long last, the wait is over!! Marvel is proud to present the debut of this hotly anticipated three issue anthology showcasing Marvel’s greatest characters re-imagined by the best and brightest talents working in independent comics today. Don’t miss what’s sure to be one of the most exciting collections of comics short stories ever produced!!! Every issue stars a stunning array of the best, most exciting cartoonists on the planet—showcasing the Marvel Heroes as you’ve never seen them before! Featuring the long-awaited Peter Bagge “Incorrigible Hulk” serialized over all three issues!

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    MARVEL DIVAS #3 (of 4)
    Written by ROBERTO AGUIRRE-SACASA
    Art by TONCI ZONJIC
    Cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER
    When Angelica ”Firestar” Jones' battle takes a turn for the worse, Patsy “Hellcat” Walker makes a deal with the Son of Satan to save her friend's life. Fortunately (or unfortunately), Monica “Photon” Rambeau’s gotten ahold of one of the world's most powerful occult objects – but does she have the will to control it? Meanwhile, Felicia “The Black Cat” Hardy slips back into her black bodysuit (and her old life of crime?)...putting her into direct conflict with her on-again-off-again flame, the Puma!
    It's the brawl for it all, folks, and someone's getting their face messed up!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

Firestar has breast cancer? I hope they don't go that way, it seems a bit contrived. "Women talking about women things battling a primarily woman's cancer."

And rumor has it Phil Jiminez is replacing Bianchi on Astonishing X-Men. That doesn't make any sense, just cancel the series a move on.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Maybe they'll give her prostate cancer just to throw us off.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I've never heard of Kathryn Immomen before. Is she a good fit for Runaways?

She last wrote the Hellcat mini, with David Lafuente on art, which was really charming, quirky, and fun. So I'm inclined to say yes. But, they've been promoting the death of another character in her first story arc, so that does concern me a bit.

Munch on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Not just the death of one character, but the resurrection of another. Heavily implied to be
    Gertie

from what I've read, but they could do what's-his-face to throw us off.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dang, that doesn't sound good.

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    They're going to kill Old Lace to bring back Gert, more than likely.

If they bring back Alex, fuck that noise.

And nothing better happen to Klara, she's too cool to be mean to.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Aw, poor Old Lace.

Bringing Alex back wouldn't be terrible, but I'd prefer that a more established writer be charged with that task.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Firestar has breast cancer? I hope they don't go that way, it seems a bit contrived. "Women talking about women things battling a primarily woman's cancer."

It's not contrived so much as it's a plotline from "Sex and the City".

MARVEL MYSTERY HANDBOOK: 70TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
    Written by MICHAEL HOSKIN, RONALD BYRD, ANTHONY FLAMINI, STUART VANDAL, KEVIN GARCIA, JACOB ROUGEMONT, DAVID WILTFONG & SEAN MCQUAID
    Cover by MITCH BREITWEISER
    As the Marvel Universe celebrates 70 years of the world's greatest comics, journey back to where it all began -- OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE style! Featuring the greatest characters of Marvel's first year -- a year that not only gave us the Sub-Mariner, the Human Torch, the Angel and Ka-Zar, but also THE TWELVE's Black Widow, Phantom Bullet, Electro, Mister E, Dynamic Man, Phantom Reporter, Fiery Mask, Master Mind Excello and Laughing Mask! Also featuring a host of oddities from Fletcher Hanks' Whirlwind Carter to Taxi Taylor! Plus: an introduction by Timely comics scholar Dr. Michael J. Vassallo!
    64 PGS./Rated T+ ...$4.99
    Neat. Now if only JMS can fucking finish The Twelve so they can re-release it.
    PUNISHER NOIR #2 (of 4)
    Written by FRANK TIERI
    Penciled by PAUL AZACETA
    Cover by TIM BRADSTREET
    Variant Cover by DENNIS CALERO
    Frank Castle has come face to face with the evil that men do, in the trench warfare of the muddy battlefields of World War I. He’s come home only to see his city carved up amongst the mob families, as the power of organized crime syndicates rise up to challenge that of the government. In reaction to the Punisher’s War on Crime, two hitmen are dispatched to deal with him permanently: a killer whose face is a roadmap of hell, and the biggest, meanest mountain of muscle ever to come from the streets of Harlem. With Jigsaw and Barracuda on the scene, “paint the town red” will take on a whole new meaning.
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99
    Ominous.
    AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE #28
    Written by CHRISTOS N. GAGE
    Penciled by RAFA SANDOVAL
    Cover by MATTEO DELONGIS
    The seeds of discontent bear fruit in the new Initiative as several members rebel against Norman Osborn's new regime, and one state team openly secedes...but Norman and the Taskmaster don't take kindly to disobedience. The Avengers Resistance is having troubles of its own, however, as one New Warrior quits...another is taken prisoner...and Tigra's campaign of revenge escalates. Meanwhile, the therapy sessions between Trauma and Penance take what could be a very dangerous turn...and Butterball fever hits America! It's action, intrigue and tangled webs being weaved in the mighty Marvel manner!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99
    I may start reading this again.
    SPIDER-WOMAN #1
    So it does exist.
    ASTONISHING X-MEN SKETCHBOOK
    Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
    Warren Ellis and the Astonishing X-Men usher in a new era with an exciting new artist!
    I don't think that's a rumor anymore.
    CRIMINAL: THE DELUXE EDITION
    By Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips
    This oversized deluxe hardback edition features CRIMINAL books 1 thru 3 -- COWARD, LAWLESS, and THE DEAD AND THE DYING. A fantastically-designed and printed book showcasing the Eisner and Harvey Award-Winning crime comics from the creators of SLEEPER and INCOGNITO.
    Also features many extras – including a Criminal short story and the never-before-printed five page “movie trailer in comics form” that Brubaker and Phillips created to announce the series online... illustrations, selected articles, behind the scenes looks, painted covers... and much much more!
    A true collector’s edition spectacular from two of the hottest creators in comics, and a must-have for any fan!
    400 pages/Mature Content... $49.99

FUCK YES!

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    119_wolverine__first_class_19.jpg

fantastic.

Angry on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Oh fuck I totally missed 'Cuda in that solicit

I'm really looking forward to that Immortal Weapons mini

Me Too! on
  • Options
    weenusweenus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I hope they are bringing Gert back. SO MUCH.

weenus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hooraydiation wrote: And I don't care how distraught you are. It's just impolite to shoot yourself when someone has their dick inside you.
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Angry wrote: »

fantastic.

If this was a silent issue and the only text in the book was the lyrics to Rocketman I'd buy 7 copies.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    SPIDER-MAN: THE CLONE SAGA #1 (of 6)
    Written by HOWARD MACKIE & TOM DEFALCO
    Penciled by TODD NAUCK
    Cover by PASQUAL FERRY
    You’ve been asking for it...and now it’s here: THE CLONE SAGA!!! Marvel’s most controversial event of all time returns with a vengeance, presenting the Clone Saga as it was originally intended to be told! From the minds behind the crossover that changed comics forever and the artist that introduced Spider-Man to President Obama, it’s six issues of twists and turns that will shock fans old and new alike! Be here as Peter Parker’s worst nightmare begins again...now with an ending you have to see to believe!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Man what

I am morbidly curious, but not curious enough to actually buy it.

Slicer on
  • Options
    pkoochinpkoochin Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Angry wrote: »

fantastic.

If this was a silent issue and the only text in the book was the lyrics to Rocketman I'd buy 7 copies.

So I'm reading this post at work and the person over my cubicle wall has their radio going.......and Rocketman is playing. Universe coming together right there.

pkoochin on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    This is a bit late, but full solicits are up now.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Looking through the hardcover/tpb list, thankfully less stuff to get than August:

INCREDIBLE HERCULES: DARK REIGN PREMIERE HC, DEADPOOL VOL. 2: DARK REIGN PREMIERE HC, MARVEL 1602 PREMIERE HC (maybe), SAVAGE SHE-HULK TPB (again maybe), and CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND MI13 VOL. 3: VAMPIRE STATE TPB.

Is 1602 worth picking up?

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2009

So Sacassa gets upset when people ripped it for tagging itself as a "Sex and the City" knockoff with heroines and then goes ahead and does something that cements that notion? Fail.

And Dark X-Men: The Confession looks to be filler if they can't even get an artist on it at this time.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

So Sacassa gets upset when people ripped it for tagging itself as a "Sex and the City" knockoff with heroines and then goes ahead and does something that cements that notion? Fail.

Pretty much. At least the show had a good reason for making it a plotline. This screams... I don't know exactly. "FAIL!" I guess.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    So for the month I'll be getting these:

AGENTS OF ATLAS #10
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #604
    BLACK PANTHER #8
    LUKE CAGE NOIR #2
    SHANG-CHI: MASTER OF KUNG FU (maybe)
    ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN #2
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #605
    AGENTS OF ATLAS #11
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #606
    MIGHTY AVENGERS #29
    X-FACTOR #48
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #607
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #18
    IMMORTAL WEAPONS #3
    NEW AVENGERS #57
    NOVA #29
    SECRET WARRIORS #8
    WOLVERINE WEAPON X #5
    X-FACTOR #49
    CRIMINAL: THE SINNERS #1

A double shot of Agents of Atlas and X-Factor pretty much makes September a win in my book.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The second BMB Daredevil Omnibus finally hits!

ULTIMATUM: REQUIEM PREMIERE HC

Collects all the requiem issues from each Ultimate book.

Now I might buy the singles tomorrow so I only have to get the Spidey ones...

I'm a wait-for-trader on the Marvel side of things, so my interest is peaked by Deadpool 2, Captain Britain 3, Ultimatum: Spider-Man, X-Men Noir, and...uhh... that's pretty much it.

So, no Thor. How far behind is that book now?

HadjiQuest on