As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

cell phone photos

th3thirdmanth3thirdman Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I have looked and can't seem to fine a tool that can take photos and video off a cellphone blackberry. It has to be small fast and not need to be neer a pc.

th3thirdman on

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    I have looked and can't seem to fine a tool that can take photos and video off a cellphone blackberry. It has to be small fast and not need to be neer a pc.

Are you asking for a device that will allow you to transmit the photos and videos taken on your Blackberry to a piece of portable media (SD card, USB thumb drive, etc.) or something that will allow you to take screen captures of your Blackberry's screen?

Organichu on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Not near a PC? What the fuck are you transferring the photos to? At this point I would recommend the god damn Game Boy printer with some spliced cable.

Blackberries allow you to transfer stored files to a MicroSD card from within the blackberry, and let you transfer stored files to your computer under Mass Media Storage mode. You can use a MicroSD card reader to transfer files from a MicroSD card to a computer, or simply stuff the card into another device to read the photos or video. Then there's picture or video messaging through your cell carrier.

If you're asking for something that can do anything else, it probably doesn't exist.

JAEF on
  • Options
    Nakatomi2010Nakatomi2010 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This'll sound silly. fogive me... You can't e-mail it?

Nakatomi2010 on
    Check out me building my HTPC (NSF56K) (Updated 1-10-08)
    Movie Collection
    Foody Things
    Holy shit! Sony's new techno toy!
    Wii Friend code: 1445 3205 3057 5295
  • Options
    illigillig Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    email them, MMS them, connec the BB to a computer via USB cable (and use mass storage mode), remove microSD card from BB and use that in a card reader... that's about it... i don't think any BB has bluetooth file transfer enabled

illig on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    ok so I have a good friend he had his computer and phone taken from him by his mother she is going to sell them he has his comp backed up but she already got rid of that he so he wants to back up his phone that has no service when she is in shower.

th3thirdman on
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Wtf are you talking about. Make sense.

This whole thing sounds ridiculous. How old are you?

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    A blackberry that doesn't have service and can't be connected to a PC? He can move all the images to the SD Card and then just take the SD card. Then, whenever convenient, you can use a card reader to connect it to some other computer in the future and get your photos off.

PS.- Card readers for micro SD cards cost like 4-20 dollars. Card readers that read other things (Mini, normal SD) are usually 10-30 bucks. If he can just get his pictures onto the SD card he can just take the SD card out. Unless him mom is tech-savvy she wont notice.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TopweaselTopweasel Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ok so I have a good friend he had his computer and phone taken from him by his mother she is going to sell them he has his comp backed up but she already got rid of that he so he wants to back up his phone that has no service when she is in shower.

Save everything into the SD card. Its so small and the phone works without it she will never find it.

Topweasel on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2009
    This'll sound silly. fogive me... You can't e-mail it?

This was what I thought to. You can email anything off a blackberry.

Also Blackberries have MicroSD slots, which a converter will let you use through a regular SD card.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Apparently the problem is, he has no service on the phone with which to mms/email the images, and no computer with which to offload them from the SD card if they're saved there.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So, you have no PC to send/transfer the photos to... do you want the photos to come pouring out of the phone onto the table in front of you?

You can simply move them onto the MicroSD on the BlackBerry and then take out the MicroSD.. thereby having the photos backed up. Then, bring that card into walmart or something and pop it in one of those self-serve photo printers.

That's your only option without a computer or service on the phone.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    So there is no hard wear that will do a micro sd to sd copy? with out a pc.

th3thirdman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Not directly, as far as I'm aware. Something like a Windows Mobile phone will let you copy the contents in bulk to the phone's hard drive then back to another card.

JAEF on
  • Options
    Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

I'm sure it exists SOMEWHERE. The third law of the internet states this.

"If you can imagine it, it exists/has happened/is happening. And someone got a video of it."

Kidding, mostly. You'd probably pay such an obscene cost it would defeat the purpose. Buy a cheap microSD card and save it there. Then go to a library/school and see if they have readers you can use.

Iceman.USAF on
  • Options
    Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So there is no hardware that will do a micro sd to sd copy? without a pc.

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-MicroSD-MicroSDHC-SD-Adapter/dp/B001GGL7Z4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1245563902&sr=8-1

212YydwA%2BNL._SL500_AA184_.jpg

11¢ before shipping.

Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I think he means a transfer from microsd to microsd. Not an adapter. But it's almost impossible to tell, so maybe you're right.

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    After re-reading, and many hours of cryptographic method applied to the posts of our strangely illiterate OP.
    I have come to the conclusion that he is looking to be able to pop the Micro SD card out of the phone, into an autonomous device of an indecipherable nature, and have ejected from said device a carbon copy of the original Micro SD card.
    Does that seem to be on track?

If this is the case then my suggestions are two fold;

A) Just take the Micro SD card out of the blackberry and use the thing from my above post if/when you have access to a computer again.

B) Purchase a new Micro SD card, and swap the cards, even if the mother in this scenario is savvy enough to know to look for the SD card in this blackberry in question, the blackberry will automatically apply it's own file formatting as the SD card sees new use.

The only other thing decryption of the OP's message I can imagine is that he wants physical copies of the photos on the card to be generated rapidly and autonomously... in which case a rather pricey digital printer would do the job.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828103385

Captain Vash on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I r think you is right I done dont know to type gud in question asking. So yes an autonomous device to copy the sd card would fit my needs. I can not find one that will make less then 20 copies.

th3thirdman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I r think you is right I done dont know to type gud in question asking. So yes an autonomous device to copy the sd card would fit my needs. I can not find one that will make less then 20 copies.

This has to be a joke.

Captain Vash on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

This has to be a joke.

I always enjoy when someone's av matches up with their reply. Looking at their other posts, I'm not sure what to think.

A Digital Foci (Google search of 'portable photo drive) would do the trick. It's about $150.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    No device exists because in no circumstance would you need to copy the contents off of a MicroSD onto an SD and not have a computer of some sort.

Unless, of course, your mom took away your computer. I don't think manufacturers have tapped into that market yet.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Portugal.TheMarkPortugal.TheMark Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm sorry to continue parading around obvious answers but.......couldn't he take said mini sd card and then go to walmart/walgreens/cvs and print them off?

Portugal.TheMark on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    No. The answer here is actually really fucking simple. He wants to back up his phone right? Get all of his pictures and whatever off so he can keep them, and the new owner doesnt have them right?

Buy another minisd card. Back up the current phone stuff onto the old card, remove the card, replace it with the brand new one, wipe the phone clean.

All of your "friends" pictures will be off the phone and in his pocket.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    illigillig Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    No. The answer here is actually really fucking simple. He wants to back up his phone right? Get all of his pictures and whatever off so he can keep them, and the new owner doesnt have them right?

Buy another minisd card. Back up the current phone stuff onto the old card, remove the card, replace it with the brand new one, wipe the phone clean.

Dude, didn't you read the thread?

A MOM IS INVOLVED

illig on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    I really do not understand this, why doesn't he just keep the phone? I understand that his mother wants to take it away (maybe?) but it sounds like if he really wants all those shitty cell phone pics he should just hide the phone somewhere.

Or if he wants to be really awesome get a display phone that looks like his and he can smash it in a hissy fit (which I am sure he has all the time, since his computer is being taken away) infront of her and then keep his real phone.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    illig wrote: »
    robothero wrote: »

Dude, didn't you read the thread?

A MOM IS INVOLVED

Everything I listed is MomProof©.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ok thank you. The Portable Picture Storage is Just what I have been looking for! she will never know I looted her phone TEEHEE!

th3thirdman on
  • Options
    ApexMirageApexMirage Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ok thank you. The Portable Picture Storage is Just what I have been looking for! she will never know I looted her phone TEEHEE!

You can afford a 150$ novelty device yet can't deal with a mother? This HAS to be a joke -_-

ApexMirage on
    I'd love to be the one disappoint you when I don't fall down
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Wha-what?

I am so confused right now

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Well you can get a like product on ebay for $40.

th3thirdman on
  • Options
    ApexMirageApexMirage Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Well you can get a like product on ebay for $40.

With what computer? Oh, the same one he could be using to transfer the pictures? O_o wtf.

ApexMirage on
    I'd love to be the one disappoint you when I don't fall down
  • Options
    TopweaselTopweasel Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Wha-what?

At least it isn't just me... I didn't remember the part where it was her phone. I thought it was a friends phone that was grounded or such.

Topweasel on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Topweasel wrote: »

Wha-what?

At least it isn't just me... I didn't remember the part where it was her phone. I thought it was a friends phone that was grounded or such.

If you read their other threads, they claim to be at least 26, and in the US. It was a friend at first:

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    All I got from the OPs garbled posting was something about pictures of a friend's mom in the shower.

In which case I suggest you send the SD card to me for safekeeping, if she's hot.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
This discussion has been closed.