Options

major delemma with comp

BarcardiBarcardi All the WizardsUnder A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
edited December 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok this is outright strange and annoying.

I have about 300+ megs that i need to get off of my computer IN ANY WAY to another computer, a school computer or a kinkos.

Basically they are a bunch of photoshop illustrator pages, from 8-15 megs each. I need to print them up by tuesday.

Yet this unexpected issue has occoured. My usb ports no longer work. When i insert anything except my camera into them, they fail and my computer crashes.

Ok so i will deal with that later, roadblock. So i put them on my ipod via a firewire. That works fine, files are all there and everything is great. I hope to transfer them onto real paper at school, who also has PCs

Then i try to transfer them to a mac that is hooked up to a printer. The mac wont recognize my ipod. But the files are on the ipod and my computer now. Is this just a compatibility issue with macs and windows ipods or something? What gives? Should i worry that my ipod is corrupt for PCs too, so that when i go to school tomorrow it will not work there either?

So, nutshell. Think of any creative way to get these adobe files off of my computer and printed up, and i will love you long time.

Barcardi on

• Options
    robaalrobaal Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    You don't have a CD/DVD burner in your computer?

robaal on
    "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra when suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath.
    At night, the ice weasels come."

• Options
    KismetKismet Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Got a CD/DVD Burner?
    Alternatively, zip all the files up, send them to a friend via some messenger.
    Another option: get an ftp server running and just connect to it and download from wherever you need them at.

Kismet on
  • Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Can't you use your camera as a hard drive? Copy onto the mem card and then use a card reader on another machine.

stigweard on
  • Options
    KealohaKealoha Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I believe that whenever you use an iPod with either a PC or Mac, it gets formatted to either one. It won't work with the other after that. So, that's normal. However, I can't answer your question about whether or not it's safe to go back to your PC. I would assume that it is, but some further research is probably needed. I did a quick wikipedia while I had the time, but as far as I could tell it didn't say anything about problems like that, though it mentioned the formatting.

Kealoha on
    !! ! ! !!
  • Options
    TrippyDKTrippyDK Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I have a Windows formatted ipod, and several pcs, plus a mac. For some reason, if the ipod is formatted windows, it wont work through a firewire port on a mac. I dont know if thats the way your trying it, but its some wierd issue that ive encountered.

TrippyDK on
  • Options
    HazzelhoffHazzelhoff Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    got another PC/laptop that you could transfer stuff to?

Hazzelhoff on
  • Options
    DrFrylockDrFrylock Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Mount your camera's memory card as a drive and copy the files there? Then use your USB cable or a USB memory card reader on the target machine to read the files off?

Get a gmail account and email them to yourself?

DrFrylock on
  • Options
    tony_importanttony_important Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    DrFrylock wrote:
    Get a gmail account and email them to yourself?

I have invites...

OP, pm me your regular email for one.

tony_important on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]