how to make dvd trivia game?

chrisl113chrisl113 Registered User new member
edited July 2009 in Games and Technology
hello i was directed to this forums expertise by a coworker.
i really want to develop a trivia game like scene it that plays on a dvd player thats interactive to where you select the answer and you get a positive or negative response and then advance to the next question. maybe even randomized questions. my buddy designs things in all kinds of graphic programs and the questions are ready to go, so the meat of the project is doablen by us. he has experience in flash but is unsure if that translates to dvd, or maybe this should be done in action script? were at the point right now where we need someone who knows about these things to point us in the right direction! we are very serious and committed to getting this done, and we know its going to be a learning process the whole way but we knew this getting into it and just need some directions to get started, anything will help! thanks so much, chris. (btw, if this shoulve been in the help section please move it!)

chrisl113 on

• DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Bumping this to see if I can help Chris get a little bit of help on this subject. Basically, what he's asking is if one were to make a DVD based trivia game, similar to games like Scene It! and the likes, how would they go about programming the game. Would this simply be a game done in flash, or is there another method used to create games played on DVD players?

Dourin on
  • elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dourin wrote: »
    Bumping this to see if I can help Chris get a little bit of help on this subject. Basically, what he's asking is if one were to make a DVD based trivia game, similar to games like Scene It! and the likes, how would they go about programming the game. Would this simply be a game done in flash, or is there another method used to create games played on DVD players?

DVD's menus have their own format that is similar to Flash. While it is much more limited in functionality, doing simple trivia game should be pretty easy. Can't help you with more specific details, tho'.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    http://www.dvd-replica.com/DVD/vmcmdset.php
    http://www.dvd-replica.com/DVD/vmcommands.php

I've dicked around with them a little but mostly in a "Hello World" sense - I've never been crazy enough to try to make anything of substance out of VM DVD.

Best of luck.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • chrisl113chrisl113 Registered User new member
    edited July 2009
    thanks scott and the for the replies

chrisl113 on