As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Connectivity Problem

Arch Guru XXArch Guru XX Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay, so I have gone to work at a new client today. Part of day-one setup is getting our laptops up and running with the client's wireless network.

Here is where I am having problems: Outlook cannot connect to my company's exchange server - it says that it connects but times out any time I try to actually receive messages.

I cannot access new messages (or old ones) in my gmail account - I can access the gmail login page, and see what messages I have, but clicking on them yields a long wait and eventually an Error Code 008.

I am coming to H/A to ask for any suggestions you guys might have. No-one else I work with is experiencing these problems, and as far as any of us can tell I have all my settings (proxy server, exchange server, firewall, etc) set up the same as everyone else.

I have a ticket in with the help desk to see if they can help, but in the mean time any random suggestions you guys might have could get me fully up and running, which would be much appreciated.

Should have been a rock star.
Arch Guru XX on