As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Interest?] Simple RPG Delve

StygianSmileyFaceStygianSmileyFace Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Critical Failures
Hey All,

I am, for some reason, interested in running a game (I tried earlier, with a homebrew system of my own design and didn't get much interest). Since I don't feel comfortable running a DnD type system, I did some research into "simple" systems and found the following that seemed very "Pick up and Play";

1: 2d6 Quick & Dirty Roleplaying Game

Real simple, all based on a few skills and a few quirks. Takes about 2 minutes to make a character.

2: PROSE DESCRIPTIVE QUALITIES SYSTEM

Kind of silly, but goes a little more into depth.

The idea here is just a simple, limited delve where 3-4 characters deal with a social situation and a physical confrontation in order to test the system and the characters. Whackier you come up with (Robot Pirates, Ninja Insects etc etc) the better.

Very limited investment, and could be fun.

If you are interested, just reply with which system you want to try. Standard post a day nonsense applies (Exempt on weekends and all).

Thanks

StygianSmileyFace on

• Options
    MegazverMegazver Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Risus, maybe? Never played it. but the Risus Companion is brilliant.

PDQ is also a good choice for this sort of thing.

Megazver on
    Chief Tyrol. Academician Megazver of the Jol-Nar Universities