Options

[STEAM|SOURCE|CHECKING PRICES FOR LEWIEP] - MDK, Monkey Island, Jedi Knight, Majesty!

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Lord Jezo wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »

What wonderful nonsense.

Okay, that was fucking amazing. I wonder if you can combine that with SMOD for hilarious times. :D

Perhaps even replace all the voices with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That mod is hilarious.

There's a video out there of a mod for Left 4 Dead that changes most of the zombie sounds with Randy "Macho Man" Savage. It's both hilarious and terrifying.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMqPG4S80bo

SteevL on
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Christ. I haven't even finished KOTOR yet, and I had to get Monkey Island Remix, for $5 how could I resist. And Jedi Knight: Outcast is staring me in the face. Probably, alongside KOTOR, my favorite SW universe game.

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    Christ. I haven't even finished KOTOR yet, and I had to get Monkey Island Remix, for $5 how could I resist. And Jedi Knight: Outcast is staring me in the face. Probably, alongside KOTOR, my favorite SW universe game.

I'm playing through outcast at the moment and it's such a good game, really wish they would do another sequel.

So many games I go back to just fueled by nostalgia but this is still a competitive quality of game even though it's nearly 8 years old.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Dr. GeroDr. Gero Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Does anyone know offhand if Steam has done a Civ 4 deal? I can't find the Steam thread that had all the past sales listed on it.

Dr. Gero on
  • Options
    CatshadeCatshade Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Catshade on
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Adda wrote: »
    DrunkMc wrote: »

I'm playing through outcast at the moment and it's such a good game, really wish they would do another sequel.

So many games I go back to just fueled by nostalgia but this is still a competitive quality of game even though it's nearly 8 years old.

Same. KOTOR still holds up. True the choices are very Black/White but it's an entertaining game and the graphics are really good for being so old. Loving this.

I'm looking forward to Outcast next. Hoping to get these done so I can pave the way to Borderlands.

DAMN YOU STEAM!!!!!!! Not only are you draining my wallet with new awesome games, now you're draining them with old awesome games. :-(

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Xtarath wrote: »
    Jesus fuck, I think I'm playing outcast wrong, I get torn up, those storm troopers can suck a dick.

Hitting things with Outcast's slow moving laser guns, is strange, very strange. There is a learning curve there.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    MarundoMarundo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm just discovering the awesomeness that is Steam; I'm currently selling my 'Best of Starwars for PC' game then funneling that into the Jedi Knight series and KotOR... Those are the games I want anyway, I don't mind owning those games forever. I might wait for KotOR incase they do a KotOR pack when part 2 finally gets released. Always wanted to play MotS.

Unimportant note: Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight was the first FPS that made me understand how great FPS' could be, before I just didn't get it.

Unimportant note 2: Jedi Outcast was bought for me as a wedding present... My Marriage failed.

Marundo on
  • Options
    IdolisideIdoliside Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Marundo wrote: »

Unimportant note 2: Jedi Outcast was bought for me as a wedding present... My Marriage failed.

One can only wonder if the awesome lightsaber fighting was a cause...

Idoliside on
    Proud member of Noah's Wangship Steam Group
    iusb_760x100.8161697.jpgBunting, Owls and Cushions! Feecloud Designs
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SteevL wrote: »
    That mod is hilarious.

There's a video out there of a mod for Left 4 Dead that changes most of the zombie sounds with Randy "Macho Man" Savage. It's both hilarious and terrifying.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMqPG4S80bo

Oh my God bwahahahahahahahahaha

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Still not as good as the Johnny Bravo tank sounds

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Does anyone know about the compatibility of the Dark Forces / Jedi Knight games on Windows 7 (64-bit, specifically)? I'm really interested to buy the whole pack, but I have a sinking suspicion that very little was done in the way of updating the games. I suppose it's probably only really a problem for Dark Forces and it's immediate sequel, but I'd still rather be sure before dropping the cash.

TetraNitroCubane on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Does anyone know about the compatibility of the Dark Forces / Jedi Knight games on Windows 7 (64-bit, specifically)? I'm really interested to buy the whole pack, but I have a sinking suspicion that very little was done in the way of updating the games. I suppose it's probably only really a problem for Dark Forces and it's immediate sequel, but I'd still rather be sure before dropping the cash.

All working for me on windows 7 and an ati card. Some small graphical glitches with dark forces 2 but they are sporadic.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dark Forces 1 runs REALLY DAMN WELL on any windows with dosbox. I can post a better dosbox.conf file for the game for those who ask me.

JK1 is kinda weird, needs to be played on software mode, and it gets all funky colored for the first few seconds. But it's quite playable, and it would look like ass anyway.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Zeno Clash - £6.95

Appears to be UK exclusive so far, USA site might just upload slower.

LewieP on
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dark Forces 1 runs REALLY DAMN WELL on any windows with dosbox. I can post a better dosbox.conf file for the game for those who ask me.

JK1 is kinda weird, needs to be played on software mode, and it gets all funky colored for the first few seconds. But it's quite playable, and it would look like ass anyway.

I got JK1 to run on Vista 64 with 3d acceleration. This is prior to the steam release, but the game goes less ape shit if you disable desktop composition, right click the game shortcut and hit properties to find the option.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    edited September 2009

I got JK1 to run on Vista 64 with 3d acceleration. This is prior to the steam release, but the game goes less ape shit if you disable desktop composition, right click the game shortcut and hit properties to find the option.

I think dx10 ATI cards are fucked, though. ATI did something that makes some old windows games really go crazy. The whole "hall of mirrors" glitch. I have that on Mechwarrior 3, Crimson Skies and JK1.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Dr. GeroDr. Gero Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Catshade wrote: »

Thanks!

Dr. Gero on
  • Options
    RedlanceRedlance Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So it looks like they fixed the Chaos theory CD key issues they were having. Just had to verify my game cache and now I can play co-op, now to find someone to play with. For those who wanted to get it off steam it's available for purchase again.

Redlance on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    There is not enough Majesty 2 love in here.

Majesty 2 is fantastic. It is a fantasy RTS unlike any other RTS on the market. There's no direct orders. None. You build a little kingdom, hire heroes, and influence them with rewards. Want that wolves den destroyed? Drop a 100 gold bounty on it, a fighter will be by shortly. Want that far reach of the map explored? Drop an exploration marker, attach some coin, and a ranger or rogue will be on their way.

Of course, you can't neglect the economy. Those heroes have to do something with all that coin. So build an inn to give them a place to rest, a market for potions and trinkets, a blacksmith for upgraded armor. Your heroes level, collect money, and upgrade their gear.

It's almost like being the god of a MMO.

At least try the demo. Majesty 2 is $40, and totally worth it.

I'd love to see the AI back-end for the decision-making system there. :D

The Unreal Deal for $16 is pretty much into "impulse-buy" territory for me as well; even though I already own Anthology on DVD.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Holy crap, Majesty 2 sounds so fun.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I kinda got my eye on that Order of War game.

It kind of looks like a Men of War without the terrible voice acting.

xzzy on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    xzzy wrote: »
    I kinda got my eye on that Order of War game.

It kind of looks like a Men of War without the terrible voice acting.

Uh, no, it's completely different. They have nothing to do with each other at all. Order of War is a World in Conflict ripoff with less depth. Try the demo.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Majesty 2 does sound remarkable. I haven't played the original, though, and I notice that Majesty Gold Edition is only $10. Is the gameplay in the original the "hands-off" approach like the sequel is?

I'd love to get Majesty 2, I just don't have the money to spend on it (namely because of the Jedi Knight pack, and Longest Journey pack :P), so if the original is similar, I'd love to take a shot at that one.

Kami on
  • Options
    alset85alset85 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kami wrote: »
    Majesty 2 does sound remarkable. I haven't played the original, though, and I notice that Majesty Gold Edition is only $10. Is the gameplay in the original the "hands-off" approach like the sequel is?

I'd love to get Majesty 2, I just don't have the money to spend on it (namely because of the Jedi Knight pack, and Longest Journey pack :P), so if the original is similar, I'd love to take a shot at that one.

Yeah Majesty Gold is even more hands-off than 2 and has slightly better AI I think. Great fun was had.

alset85 on
    override said: I can't wait until Toady causes pressurized water to be able to actually damage things. I want to hit goblins with a shit cannon of such pressure that the meat is ripped from their bones

Steam ID
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Monkey Island Special Edition is $5 right now...and I never played the original...I assume I should buy this and correct a great injustice?

EDIT Sitewhoring ahoy! http://steam-gamer.com/news.php?id=61

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hellz yeah!

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Off-topic, but does anyone know what the deal with this Aztaka game is? Evidently it's a 2D beat 'em up RPG based on Aztec history, and it's discounted on Impulse this week. Has anyone actually played it?

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm just about to give the demo a go, I'll post impressions.

LewieP on
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Kami wrote: »
    Yup. I think the original is more charming in a lot of ways, but you have to be OK with the nine year old graphics.

Me and Age of Empires II go way back.

<3

Kami on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    So, what about that fallen earth new game they're pushing?

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So, what about that fallen earth new game they're pushing?

I might try it come September 22nd. I had a fair bit of fun in the beta, and most of the issues that I found then appear to have been fixed.

There's this and a lot of skating whales in the FE thread in the MMO subforum.

Antithesis on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sepah wrote: »
    Huh. I had never even heard of Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith.

I hadn't heard a lot of people talking about it, but

this "expansion" really, seriously sucks. It doesn't have any FMVs, just some horrible in-engine cutscenes, the level design is atrocious, and I kind of wish it hadn't come with my copy of Jedi Knight.

freakish light on
  • Options
    Pajama_ManPajama_Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

this "expansion" really, seriously sucks. It doesn't have any FMVs, just some horrible in-engine cutscenes, the level design is atrocious, and I kind of wish it hadn't come with my copy of Jedi Knight.

Wah!?

But you get to play as MARA JADE! What more do you want!? :?

Pajama_Man on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    From the telltale pirate game thread:
    Pata wrote: »
    Also, if you already own Episode one signing up for this will let you have any other game of theirs for free.

Only an hour left. Go go go

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Pajama_Man wrote: »

Wah!?

But you get to play as MARA JADE! What more do you want!? :?

A playable game instead of Plan 9 From Star Wars.

freakish light on
  • Options
    ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I know this at one point had turned into a D2D $5 sale thread and I hate to do this, but...

Is anyone else having problems installing Riddick? I have downloaded it three times, but it seems to be missing data4.cab every time. Anyone else have better luck with it?

Shens on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I didn't have any trouble downloading and installing it.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I didn't have any trouble downloading and installing it.

Same.

freakish light on
This discussion has been closed.