As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Two red rings: 360 can't play games for more than 20 minutes before shutting off

MHYoshimitzuMHYoshimitzu Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Games and Technology
I bought a 360 around October of 2006, which means that my 360 is still covered under the three year red ring warranty. The thing is, is that my 360 shuts off after a small time and displays two rings instead of three. I looked this up and it turns out my 360 is overheating. I guess the difference between the two and three red rings is the difference between my 360 being "almost dead" and "dead."

I'm afraid to ask Microsoft whether they cover this issue because I don't want them to register my 360 as having this particular problem so they can claim negligence on my part if the 360 does get the three ring error.

Does anyone have any experience with sending a two ring 360 to Microsoft and what their policy is? Their website just states that if you can't fix it by letting it cool down to call or e-mail them for a repair.

If it helps, my room is well-ventilated but small and I've run the console for countless hours, never having a problem with this 360 until just a few weeks ago.

sig.gif
MHYoshimitzu on

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'd try using some canned air to blow it out, and then trying to put a fan near it (box fan or something) just to see if it lasts longer.

urahonky on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Or for the opposite route, you can wrap it in a towel and run it until it gets a true RROD. :P

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Please note Falcon is not responsible for lost or damaged merchandise. :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I had this exact problem a few weeks ago.

Do as urahonky said, blow the dust out of it. My dad owns an air compressor, so thats what I used, and it worked!

Foolish Chaos on