As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cartoon movie poster art

13»

• Options
    Grim OutlookGrim Outlook Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    you make me hate art

Grim Outlook on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    you make me hate art

There is a line between creative teasing and outright insult.

You're really, really close, and I'm not sure which side you're on. :\

MKR on
  • Options
    GolemGolem of Sand Saint Joseph, MORegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Personally I found that really funny.

Golem on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    falconire wrote:
    donttouch.jpg

What gets me here is that it apparently took two people to make this?

mully on
  • Options
    trixtahtrixtah Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Lly wrote:
    God. When i looked at that closer (the don't touch one) all i could see was this.

Apologies everyone!

ohgodno.jpg
    untitled1tc5.jpg

these actually made me laugh :oops:

trixtah on
  • Options
    Locust76Locust76 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm not an artist. I don't know shit about shading or coloring or anatomy. I drew a pretty fucking cool dragon (copied, but not traced out of a D&D compendium) once, but I ruined it by thinking I could color it.

I do know one thing, though: JPG compression artifacts are fucking ugly and your strips are rife with them.

I suggest bumping up the compression ratio a little bit to, oh, say, "maximum." That way, things won't look so ugly.

And I'm talkin AOL on a 9600 baud modem, ugly.

Locust76 on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Locust76 wrote:
    I'm not an artist. I don't know shit about shading or coloring or anatomy. I drew a pretty fucking cool dragon (copied, but not traced out of a D&D compendium) once, but I ruined it by thinking I could color it.

I do know one thing, though: JPG compression artifacts are fucking ugly and your strips are rife with them.

I suggest bumping up the compression ratio a little bit to, oh, say, "maximum." That way, things won't look so ugly.

And I'm talkin AOL on a 9600 baud modem, ugly.

yeaaaah. I don't think it's the jpg compression that is making this artwork terrible.

Lly on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, I actually didn't realize there was any jpeg compression.

I tend to only realize those things when good artwork is being ruined by it. I think these strips are a little too far-gone for me to care if it's shot to hell with compression or not.

:|

NightDragon on
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I am totally supportive of comics with shitty art but writing that makes me laugh.

Jsmash's old stuff and that supermega thing he has are wonderful, and they're just stick men on a yellow background.

This is a travesty.

Ein on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    I am totally supportive of comics with shitty art but writing that makes me laugh.

Jsmash's old stuff and that supermega thing he has are wonderful, and they're just stick men on a yellow background.

This is a travesty.
    What did jsmash do before super mega?

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006

This is a travesty.
    What did jsmash do before super mega?

The one or two panel things he used to post in SE++ before he started super mega.

I may actually be wrong, and he posted those sorts of things while supermega was up and it just took me a while to find the site, but most of the stuff he's got on the site has a couple panes on em and I seem to remember one-liners in single pictures from him a time or two.

I used to have some of that stuff saved, too, but I've since gotten rid of it.

Ein on
  • Options
    thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Well, it is better than Ctrl-Alt-Del at least.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    donttouch.jpg?t=1166325742

Ah much better.

Like everyone else said,

1. More better writing

2. Lern teh arts plz

3. Don't be a douche

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I hope this ends soon.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    (ohms)Crunchy(ohms)Crunchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I hope this ends soon.
    Agreed.

(ohms)Crunchy on
    14e9iqh.jpg
  • Options
    falconirefalconire Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    In that case this will be my last post on this thread. People seem to think that I've taken no advise from this forum and I've repeatably insisted that I have. If you want to continue to think I haven't them go ahead and think that. I do thank those of you who offered serious advise and bothered to check out the entire strip from first to new and made a decision with that, even if you hated it. I will be considering further changes and won't be posting any new artwork for the next few months on this, as I've stated before, but after which I'll throw something up and I'd like to see if you see an improvement at that time. So until next time...

Cheerio.

falconire on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    falconire wrote:
    ...but after which I'll throw something up and I'd like to see if you see an improvement at that time.

good.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    Months without you here? :cry:

Grifter on
This discussion has been closed.