As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat] The Horde Employs Cylon Paladins!

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Cunty wrote: »
    Gnutson wrote: »
    I wonder about faction specific mounts and weapons (ie the argent ones).

Also achivements. Can I still be Gnutson of Gnomergan the undead warlock? that would be bizarre.

No, you'll be Gnutson of Silvermoon, or something like that

everything switchable is being switched, the nonswitchables are a thing to ponder, though

Gnutson of Sen'jin would be the most likely equivalent - Orgrimmar/Ironforge, Sen'Jin/Gnomeregan, Undercity/Stormwind, Thunder Bluff/Dalaran, and Silvermoon/Exodar.

By Dalaran do you mean Darnassus?

Seg on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

Also achivements. Can I still be Gnutson of Gnomergan the undead warlock? that would be bizarre.

everything switchable is being switched, the nonswitchables are a thing to ponder, though

Gnutson of Sen'jin would be the most likely equivalent - Orgrimmar/Ironforge, Sen'Jin/Gnomeregan, Undercity/Stormwind, Thunder Bluff/Dalaran, and Silvermoon/Exodar.

o_O

Darnassus. And I don't think some of those switches are quite right, they would probably line up more with racial rivalries (orcs vs humans, dwarves vs trolls, etc).

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    CuntyCunty Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

I'm alliance so all i could remember was thunderbluff/undercity/org are the 3 main cities, silvermoon came after, the fifth (???)

Cunty on
    gameintownk.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Naphtali wrote: »

o_O

Darnassus. And I don't think some of those switches are quite right, they would probably line up more with racial rivalries (orcs vs humans, dwarves vs trolls, etc).

Gnomes and Trolls are parallel since they both lost their home cities. Dwarves and Orcs being parallel because they both agreed to take in the homeless.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

I'm alliance so all i could remember was thunderbluff/undercity/org are the 3 main cities, silvermoon came after, the fifth (???)

Sen'Jin is the Troll home city that they lost before Thrall agreed to shelter them.

Similar to Gnomeregan except for without the annoying instance.

Seg on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    About the blimp that goes from Thunderbluff to Orgrimmar
    Does it use the Wyrven Tower in Tb and then the tower inside of Orgrimmar or the Nothrend Tower?

I am too lazy to go to the PTR

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Seg wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »

o_O

Gnomes and Trolls are parallel since they both lost their home cities. Dwarves and Orcs being parallel because they both agreed to take in the homeless.

Gnomeregan is awesome, you're talking crazy. I guess we'll just have to see how they announce the faction swap rep changes for sure.

Naphtali on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    It would be more awesome if killing the King there did anything useful in the quest to get the Gnomes out of Ironforge.

Seg on
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    According to the quests, Echo Isles were the Darkspear trolls home before they got kicked out by some crazy powerful (level 10) troll witch doctor.

Sen'jin isn't a city...it's a collection of mud huts on the beach.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So, ok, where did the rumor of faction switching come from?

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Shawnasee wrote: »

Blizzard. When they said it was happening.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Shawnasee wrote: »

Blizzard. When they said it was happening.

pulling teeth...what did they say "hey guys, faction switching coming..."?

Although, I can imagine that actually being said, is there some generous soul who can cut/paste what was said?

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    We wanted to give everyone a very early heads-up that, in response to player requests, we’re developing a new service for World of Warcraft that will allow players to change their faction from Alliance to Horde or Horde to Alliance. There’s still much work to do and many details to iron out, but the basic idea is that players will be able to use the service to transform an existing character into a roughly equivalent character of the opposing faction on the same realm. Players who ended up creating and leveling up characters on the opposite factions from their friends have been asking for this type of functionality for some time, and we’re pleased to be getting closer to being able to deliver it.

As with all of the features and services we offer, we intend to incorporate the faction-change service in a way that won’t disrupt the gameplay experience on the realms, and there will be some rules involved with when and how the service can be used. The number of variables involved increases the complexity of implementing this service, but we plan to take the time needed to ensure that it lives up to expectations before officially rolling it out. We’ll go into much more detail on all of this here at http://www.WorldofWarcraft.com as development progresses. In the meantime, we wanted to let you know that because this type of functionality requires extensive internal testing well in advance of release, you may be seeing bits and pieces of the service in the test builds we use for the public test realms moving forward.

Updated* 7/1- Due to the many questions that have come up with the announcement of this new service, we wanted to take the time to answer the ones we can at this point in time.

Q. Will we be able to switch between the races on our own faction?
    A.. No. Players will only be able to switch to a race of the opposite faction.

Q. Will I be able to choose the race on the opposite faction that I want to change to?
    A.. Yes, but you will only be able to switch to a race that has your class type available to it. So if you play a human paladin, you’d only be able to change to a blood elf paladin.

Q.How much will it cost?
    A.. We do not have further information on this at this point in time.

Q.Will I be able to switch back to my original faction but a different race?
    A.. No. You will only be able to switch back to your originally chosen race.

Q.. How will the switch between reputation, gear, mounts, etc be handled?
    A.. We’ll have more details for you at a later point in time, though we plan to keep these as close to a reflection of the other faction as much as possible.

Q.How often can you change your faction?
    A..We do not have any information to share on this at this point in time, however we will have restrictions on the frequency by which players can change their faction.

Q. How will this affect the balance of Horde and Alliance on the realms?
    A.. We are taking great care in how we implement this new service in order to maintain balance between the factions on the realms but do not have any further details to share.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I love you SPI! Thanks!

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm so happy about the faction switching. It means all the morons who blow at PvP on my server are going to try to swap over to horde for easier wins, thus, weeding out morons and making PvP easier for me.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I'm so happy about the faction switching. It means all the morons who blow at PvP on my server are going to try to swap over to horde for easier wins, thus, weeding out morons and making PvP easier for me.

:^: I agree

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Mgcw wrote: »

sounds like you're forgetting that your server will be getting horde's morons

probably a relatively equal trade

Cunty on
    gameintownk.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Doubtful. Morons on the winning side, while still morons, generally aren't dumb enough to hop over to the losing team.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    -SPI- wrote: »
    I still find it kind of BS that if you want to grab a weapon to level a shaman or druid you have to do 25 days of dailies and get exalted with every city faction and then either grind the new instance over and over or do a shittonne of other dailies but any other class you can just do some heroics and just plop down some badges.

wait what, you have to have to do that to get the chest heirlooms too? fff, i thought getting to champion was enough for that.

Fuga on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hey- anybody know how often Armory updates? I was looking at my main, and it listed the last update as like 3 weeks ago...

Tach on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    It usually updates a while after you log off, but currently Armory seems to be busted.

Naphtali on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Doubtful. Morons on the winning side, while still morons, generally aren't dumb enough to hop over to the losing team.

you'll be getting the super morons

also for the armory thing - make sure you log off correctly, just Xing out, ending process or ending task usually makes it screw up

Cunty on
    gameintownk.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009

you'll be getting the super morons

also for the armory thing - make sure you log off correctly, just Xing out, ending process or ending task usually makes it screw up

No, I'm pretty sure its busted. It hasn't updated my latest 80 alt since last week's maintence at all (listed at 79, but is now 80 decked out in Naxx10 loot).

Naphtali on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Have you tried searching on wow-heroes.com and checking the "live" box?

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Have you tried searching on wow-heroes.com and checking the "live" box?

All week, yeah. I usually use wow-heroes since it loads faster then armory. Armory shows the same info.

Naphtali on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Weird. Both Armory and that WoW-Heroes site show incorrect info on my profession level. I spent some time leveling Blacksmithing, and it still shows me at 1...

Not sure why.

Tach on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Armory sometimes does that. Just keep using log out and then quitting out of the character select screen, it will eventually update.

Seg on
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So, am I just missing it, or is there no PVP/Arena thread?

zenpotato on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    zenpotato wrote: »

There might not be. But if you made one, I'd post in it.

In related news, I need to make enough gold so I can dualspec for PvP. Where else is a good spot to run dailies other than the argent tournament?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

In related news, I need to make enough gold so I can dualspec for PvP. Where else is a good spot to run dailies other than the argent tournament?

I found Ebon Blade dailies to be very fast and easy. Also your faction's flying ship of choice in Icecrown has a number of them around the same area.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    The Shadow Vault is nice, but you'll still want to pick up the scourge-killing dailies from the AT as it stacks with a banner implanting daily you can get at the Vault.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

There's a whole lot of hate waiting to be spread out in that thread.

You make it.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

You make it.

I'm gonna go place bulk orders for hot dogs and popcorn. Does anyone want Smores?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »

You make it.

I'm gonna go place bulk orders for hot dogs and popcorn. Does anyone want Smores?

In all seriousness its obviously something missing from the forums.

Regardless, get me some s'mores while you're up.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fuga wrote: »
    I still find it kind of BS that if you want to grab a weapon to level a shaman or druid you have to do 25 days of dailies and get exalted with every city faction and then either grind the new instance over and over or do a shittonne of other dailies but any other class you can just do some heroics and just plop down some badges.

wait what, you have to have to do that to get the chest heirlooms too? fff, i thought getting to champion was enough for that.

This is completely wrong, unless the PTR totally changed things in the last build.

All heirlooms are purchasable with heroism tokens, including the new chest items.

The same heirlooms are also purchasable with champion tokens if you're an exalted crusader. This is just for the convienence factor of not having to exchange down 3 sets of tokens to get your loot.

If you haven't touched the tourny stuff at all, you can still get all the heirlooms. You'll just have to exchange your badges from conquest->valor->heroism. One at a time. Blizzard is really going to need to whip up a mass exchange system for that one.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fuga wrote: »

This is completely wrong, unless the PTR totally changed things in the last build.

All heirlooms are purchasable with heroism tokens, including the new chest items.

The same heirlooms are also purchasable with champion tokens if you're an exalted crusader. This is just for the convienence factor of not having to exchange down 3 sets of tokens to get your loot.

If you haven't touched the tourny stuff at all, you can still get all the heirlooms. You'll just have to exchange your badges from conquest->valor->heroism. One at a time. Blizzard is really going to need to whip up a mass exchange system for that one.

Well, you can shift-click to buy more than one of the lower tier tokens at a time. That works right now. On live.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »

You make it.

In all seriousness its obviously something missing from the forums.

Regardless, get me some s'mores while you're up.

We have had PvP/Arena threads in the past, they would go for awhile, lots of "discussion" about balance and twinks and what not and then they die after awhile.

Seg on
  • Options
    VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

From a daily perspective, icecrown is pretty sexy.

If you are already a champion...
    4x champion quests
    4x valiant quests
    3x Ebon Blade dailies
    1x King of the mountain dailies

The Ebon Blade banner planting daily will net you 3 total done (as the vrykul you kill to impale count as scourge)
    The other two EB dailies are stupid easy and can be done right in the same area.
    The jousting at the tournament is easy for me, but I know some people hate it.
    The king of the mountain takes about a minute total.
    I usually grab 1-2 others to kill Chillmaw (Do the Black Knight quest chain at the AT), and that same group will go to the citadel to do the jousting there quickly (3 more done)

That's about 150G there... not counting Champions purses.

The only truly pain in the neck one out of all of those is the Valliant Sword/Blade daily, so do that if you're going for your Crusader title I guess.

In addition, unless you've inscription, the SoHodir in the nearby Storm Peaks is a required rep. They have a bunch of dailys that are pretty easy and net a good amount of gold, and often the nearby Brunhildar women have a simple daily (sometimes it involves flying across the Storm Peaks and isn't worth it). The 'They've taken our men' quest from K3 opens up a long long chain to give access to all of these dailies.

Check the cooking daily in Dalaran as it's often easy and you probably have some chilled meat sitting around.

If your fishing is high, check the fishing daily to see if it's the Dalaran Sewers one as that is quick and easy.

That said, if you don't care at all about rep and you ARE level 80 and you haven't done ALL the lower level zones... go back. An 80 can clear through the DB/ZF/GP/SB/SP quests pretty darn quickly and net quite a bit of gold in the process from both the quest turn-ins AND vendoring/DEing the most valuable rewards.

Vicktor on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Quick Tournament question.

I'm almost done with the initial Valiant dailies with my home city. From what I understand, I can then move on to the Champion dailies with that city, culiminating in becoming ____ of Ironforge. At that point, I can start up the Valiants again with another city while still doing the Champion dailies for Ironforge for additional stuff to turn in for rep.

Is that right?

Tach on
  • Options
    VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yep. Once you get the 25 tokens, you get to joust a champion. Once you beat him you are now a champion (____ of Ironforge) and are no longer eligible for valiant dailies with that city faction.

Now you ARE eligible for the Champion dailies (EB for DKs, AC for everyone else) and can at the same time be working to become the champion of another city faction of your choice (provided you haven't become a champion with them already). That's 8 total non-goblin dailies from the AT.

Vicktor on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
This discussion has been closed.