As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sunburn from hell: Solved, lock please.

JadedJaded Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Please, someone help me. I have the sunburn from hell which won't stop itching.
It's about 3 days old, hasn't started breaking or peeling and keeps me up due to the damned itching.
Solarcane and Aloe Vera don't seem to be helping... I feel like I just want to go lay on a belt sander.

I can't think of anything clever.
Jaded on

• Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    benadryl pills. they'll not only take care of the itching, but will also knock you right the fuck out.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Blue aloe is totally right up your alley then. I don't know what the difference between the green and the blue is but damn it made the itch stop cold.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wash it off with a good amount of Noxzema, put some aloe on it and then try to leave it alone. It's going to itch no matter what you apply to it unless it's a topical anesthetic. You burned the skin.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i don't believe you have a sunburn from hell, i have had a sunburn on my legs for a week now that is still terribly painful, haha

but for the rest of my body which has been itching for a few days now, i agree with the idea of benadryl pills for sleeping purposes....it has really been a savior for me, and continue to rub the aloe on there to keep moisturizing....i THINK the difference in the bottled aloe colors is that the blue includes menthol and lidocaine (additional cooling and pain relief, in that order), while the green is just regular aloe

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If it's that bad, go see a doctor and she/he can give you a topical steroid spray that will vanquish the sunburn utterly.

I once had a sunburn so bad I would wake up stuck to my bed, because the skin was fucking melted or something. Spray helped lots.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    For me, moisturizer always helped some, usually with Vitamin E. It will feel like Hell the first few minutes after you put in on, but it will subside, and it will theoretically shorten the duration of the sunburn.

Dalboz on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ATTENTION PERSON WITH SUNBURN

DO NOT USE LOTION

DO NOT USE LOTION

if you have cooling aloe gel or whatever yes

but regular lotion = NO

although if you want to DIE FROM ITCHYNESS then go ahead :/

Raneados on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    noxema was my lifesaver when i was burned to an absolute crisp all over, it just feels so good

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    KivutarKivutar Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If it's that bad, go see a doctor and she/he can give you a topical steroid spray that will vanquish the sunburn utterly.

I once had a sunburn so bad I would wake up stuck to my bed, because the skin was fucking melted or something. Spray helped lots.

Yea, I had sheets of my skin lifting up & sticking to things once too.

I went with aloe & a little bit of spray.

Kivutar on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It's worth noting that steroids typically have some potentially very severe side effects; if you're already three days into the burn, I doubt it's worth it at this point.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    JadedJaded Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hey guys!
    Picked up some extra strength Benadryl pills and some aloe vera...
    I slept like a rock and feel amazing now. Still a minor itch, but not like the "OMG ANTS ARE CRAWLING ALL OVER ME AND BITING" itch anymore.

Thanks for the help!

Jaded on
    I can't think of anything clever.
This discussion has been closed.