UNOFFICIAL PRE-PAX 2009 DINNER!! **REFUND AVAILABLE**

AstayonixAstayonix Registered User
edited September 2009 in PAX Archive
Alright! Contracts are all in place and everything looks like it's a go to open up registration for the 4th annual Pre-PAX Dinner :rotate:!

This year is a little bittersweet since it's ElectricTurtle's and my last time hosting this event :cry: (we're moving to Arlington, Virginia this Friday). We've been able to secure the Naval Reserve Building for the second year in a row, and we're very excited to introduce a new catering partner: Skillet Streetfood, a mobile joint. Dude, they make freakin BACON JAM! kthxbye. This year dinner will be from 5pm - 8pm, and the Triwizard Drinking Tournament will kick off from the Pre-PAX 2009 Dinner.

This year, there's a bit of a twist since there are 3 ticket types available for purchase; read them carefully and choose the one that best fits your situation. Just trying to give you guys options because we know that travel plans can change! Also, the menu right now is a teaser menu (though, the burger will be on the final menu) because Chef Josh of Skillet uses seasonal ingredients. As soon as he sets his late summer menu, we'll post it here (UPDATE: Final menu posted below). Skillet likes presenting options, so instead of having people pre-order their entree selection, Chef Josh suggests you check out what he's got cookin' in person and make your decision at the Airstream window! Don't miss this chance to mix and mingle with the most HARDCORE of the hardcore PA/PAX fans, and enjoy fun surprises (to be revealed later)! Don't miss the Pre-PAX 2009 Dinner! :D8-)

What: Pre-PAX 2009 Dinner
Where: Naval Reserve Building (NRB)
When: 5pm - 8pm
Buy Your Tickets And Get More Info Here!

Choose Door #1, 2, or 3 (Ticket Guide).
1) RSVP + FOOD - This is the whole shebang. You get to show up to the event and eat a delicious meal prepared by Skillet Streetfood. This ticket is ideal for people who know they're coming and want to attend the MOST AWESOME Pre-PAX Dinner ev4r. NOTE: Purchasing this bundled ticket is cheaper than buying both of the individual options below.

2) RSVP ONLY - This is meant for people who want to secure their place, but aren't sure whether or not their mode of transportation will allow them to arrive in time. Yes, it's cheaper, but should really only be used if you're not sure if you're ride will get you to the ball in time, Cinderella. Or you can just show up and hang out with the cool kids! If you actually want to, well, you know, EAT at the dinner, you'll have to buy a FOOD ONLY ticket to accompany this one. Those who buy RSVP ONLY tickets will get a private email advising how to purchase FOOD ONLY tickets.
RSVP ONLY UPDATE: I talked to the catering company, and we've amended the contract such that people who want to bring a "sack dinner" with them from home or another restaurant/food establishment can do so! Yay! So, if the price of a FOOD+DINNER ticket is too much, and you and your friends wanna have a pizza delivered to the NRB for your Pre-PAX Dinner experience, YOU CAN DO EEEET! :winky: It's a cheaper alternative, and you'll still be able to hang with your friends at this event!

3) FOOD ONLY - You can ONLY get this kind of ticket once you've gotten an RSVP ONLY ticket. This kind of ticket is ideal for those who are sure they can come to the event, and previously bought an RSVP only ticket. Again, this ticket is not sold without an accompanying RSVP ONLY ticket. Those who buy RSVP ONLY tickets will get a private email advising how to purchase FOOD ONLY tickets.

Kickass FINAL Menu - Choose from 1 of 3 entrees and enjoy a delicious dessert!):
:arrow: the burger -grass fed beef, bacon jam, arugula, cambazola, brioche, handcut FF (beef option)
:arrow: glazed mediterranean chicken with feta and olive tapenade over couscous (poultry option)
:arrow: summer lasagna -fresh pasta, ricotta, basil, fennel tomato sauce, summer veggies (vegetarian option)
:arrow: lemon curd, with lavender shortbread and fresh whipped cream (dessert is included with food ticket)
:arrow: watermelon ginger fresca (sold separately at the NRB to keep ticket prices down)

Again, we're sending out a call for volunteers; if you'd like to help out at the dinner, please PM ElectricTurtle or me (Astayonix). Just as last year the only appreciation is the thanks of a grateful PAX nation, because the dinner is designed only to break even, there is no room in the budget to discount or comp dinners. Thanks! <3

W00T PAX 2009!! :twisted:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
CALLING ALL FOLKS WHO DIDN'T GET WHAT THEY WANTED TO EAT!!

After a very lengthy discussion with Skillet Streetfood about their dissapointing performance at the Pre-PAX09 Dinner, we've worked out a refund system. What they've agreed to do is take $5 from each individual who didn't get what they wanted to eat or didn't like what they ate and either:
A) Give them that refund in the form of a Skillet Streetfood voucher to give them another chance
B) Give them that refund in the form of a $5 donation to Child's Play Charity
C) Give them that refund in the form of a $5 credit back onto their individual credit card.

Only those who ordered FOOD-type tickets will be eligible for the refund, and even though it's $5, it's representative of 33% of the price you paid for your food. There were some root causes identified. Primarily, they sent a relatively unexperienced crew to work the dinner. I told their rep I don't know what possessed them to send anything but their most seasoned crew for such a time sensitive event. She didn't have a good answer. Their performance did not give us the strong finish we would have liked, but at least they're trying to make it right by offering this refund. Those who bought FOOD-type tickets will be getting an email from me shortly asking which of the 3 options they would like their refund to come in.

Now, for those of you who were served quickly, got exactly what you wanted, and loved it, please don't request the refund. This is only meant for those who weren't able to get what they wanted to eat (Skillet ran out of The Burger), or got what they wanted but didn't think the quality was up to par (ET was disappointed with the chicken dish which he'd had before, but was better seasoned). While I am not pleased with the way Skillet performed, I am very glad to have met all of you who came to the dinner to have a good time and be with like-minded folks :). You guys were a BLAST to hang out with, and to the guy who was giving out samples of bacon jam during the wait, you, sir, are a king among men! Beta_Angel has been in contact with me, and I will contact him about continuing the Pre-PAX Dinner in Seattle. I, however, will see you in IRC!

-=Astayonix=-
http://www.n37radio.com
Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
Astayonix on
«13456

Posts

  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Registered User
    edited July 2009
    A couple additional notes, there won't be a keynote this year, simply because we felt that it compromised the focus of the dinner which is always people getting to meet and talk before PAX. Having a scheduled event that required everybody to stop talking just didn't seem right in hindsight, even though I personally really enjoyed having Chris Taylor there last year. I'll still be inviting local game designers, but there won't be any special agenda for them. (I wish my duties coordinating last year hadn't prevented me from being able to talk to Kim Swift more.)

    Also regarding volunteers, last year I had planned to break it down into assigned shifts/roles, and even made up a roster, which I then, in the heat of coordinating everything else, forgot to use. As a consequence some volunteers ended up doing a lot more than others. (For which I'm extremely grateful.) I'm not going to make that mistake again.

    I will probably be the main one answering questions in this thread, just like the last couple years, so ask away.

    See you all in September.

    ElectricTurtle on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Numquam magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit.
    There has never been a great spirit without a touch of insanity.
    (Seneca Philosophus, De tranquillitate animis)
  • redhaloredhalo Registered User
    edited July 2009
    Holy hell, the menu looks great. I will be there yet again! A couple of questions that may get asked, is there a limited number of tickets and when is the cut-off for registration?

    redhalo on
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User
    edited July 2009
    Thx! :) There's no cut-off for the number of tix (as long as we're under 500 people)! As we get more people, we'll scale up with the # of folks that want to come! And the cut off date is 5 days before the event (b/c that's when the catering needs their $$ for shopping). Short answer: Cut off date is Saturday, 29August09.
    redhalo wrote: »
    Holy hell, the menu looks great. I will be there yet again! A couple of questions that may get asked, is there a limited number of tickets and when is the cut-off for registration?

    Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I just registered and received the email confirmation three times. Quite odd.

    DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Registered User
    edited July 2009
    WOOO! Can't wait! I'll register as soon as I get off work!

    EDIT: ALSO, last year I helped set up a bit, because I think we had a break during the Magical Mystery Tour. If we have time again, I'll talk to Nomad about dragging the crew over for set-up. It was lots of fun and we got to pick the best seats! XD

    eye-shuh on
    Eye-Shuh - You should have won. period. I'm still in the Omegabat fan club!
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ***BAMF!***

    I am here!

    EDIT:
    I updated my signature too.

    mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I've been waiting for this to be announced for a long time, count me and most of my group in! I'm not sure when I'll be able to register, but I will be there for sure, and it's likely some of my group members and myself will also be willing to help setup, as we did last year.

    Coldbrew on
    iMIIouF.png
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm there...once I scratch the money together.

    JonnyNero on
  • M ph0r MatureM ph0r Mature Registered User
    edited July 2009
    Alright. Just signed up for this and the Magical Mystery Tour. Fun will be had by all. I am so looking forward to this trip. :-)

    M ph0r Mature on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It's awesome that this thread is up. I can't come because I'm taking the PAXtrain, but I wish you the best of luck!

    Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    Woo! Pre-PAX Dinner, YEAH!


    That is all.

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • PinderPinder Registered User
    edited July 2009
    I get paid this Friday. You can expect me registered then :D

    Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
  • Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User
    edited July 2009
    RSVP + FOOD Paid for and confirmed! I'm off to write my PM volunteering for a second time! I'm so glad this came together so perfectly.

    Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • ShigglesShiggles Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    WOOO! Can't wait! I'll register as soon as I get off work!

    EDIT: ALSO, last year I helped set up a bit, because I think we had a break during the Magical Mystery Tour. If we have time again, I'll talk to Nomad about dragging the crew over for set-up. It was lots of fun and we got to pick the best seats! XD

    Just registered (RSVP+FOODS). :D

    It'll just be me this year, since I can't convince my friends to go. :(

    So, I'll have to take lots of pictures for an IRL diplomacy bonus (gain '+awesome' to diplomacy) to convince them to go next year. :wink:

    I'm planning on doing the MMT (just waiting for confirmation from work that I'll have Wed off that week before I sign up for both days). Eye-shuh use your magical powers of persuation! I would totally be down for helping out! :D

    @ ElectricTurtle -

    I have few questions. Is the Triwizard tournament starting immediately after the din din ends? I'm debating on whether or not to bring my Hufflepuff outfit to change, or just to come dress up as such. Actually, it probably would be easier just to come dressed up, seeing as I don't have to haul a bag of clothes with me around the bars. (Akward lol!:oops:).

    In fact, would the hogwarts school uniform be against dress code? Is there a dress code (other than the basic, "no shoes, no shirt, no service")?

    Shiggles on
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User
    edited July 2009
    To answer your question, yes the Triwizard Drinking Tourney/Pub Crawl is going to kick off from the dinner (we're actually going to introduce it), so feel free to come dressed up in your house gear! ;) I'm actually going to bring my Slytherin House (the best house) outfit with me, but I'm going to change towards the end of the dinner. It just depends on your preference :). And for the dinner, there is no dress code - just so long as you don't wear (or not wear) anything that will get you arrested, we're easy, breezy. Hell, you could even come in no shirt (if you're a dude) and no shoes, and we'll still serve you! Might get a little uncomfortable for ya, but I'd still eat with you to kick off PAX! :mrgreen::whistle:
    Shiggles wrote: »
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    WOOO! Can't wait! I'll register as soon as I get off work!

    EDIT: ALSO, last year I helped set up a bit, because I think we had a break during the Magical Mystery Tour. If we have time again, I'll talk to Nomad about dragging the crew over for set-up. It was lots of fun and we got to pick the best seats! XD

    Just registered (RSVP+FOODS). :D

    It'll just be me this year, since I can't convince my friends to go. :(

    So, I'll have to take lots of pictures for an IRL diplomacy bonus (gain '+awesome' to diplomacy) to convince them to go next year. :wink:

    I'm planning on doing the MMT (just waiting for confirmation from work that I'll have Wed off that week before I sign up for both days). Eye-shuh use your magical powers of persuation! I would totally be down for helping out! :D

    @ ElectricTurtle -

    I have few questions. Is the Triwizard tournament starting immediately after the din din ends? I'm debating on whether or not to bring my Hufflepuff outfit to change, or just to come dress up as such. Actually, it probably would be easier just to come dressed up, seeing as I don't have to haul a bag of clothes with me around the bars. (Akward lol!:oops:).

    In fact, would the hogwarts school uniform be against dress code? Is there a dress code (other than the basic, "no shoes, no shirt, no service")?

    Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Just booked my ticket as well. Also got the three confirmations pretty much simultaneously. Hopefully that doesn't mean I'll have paid three times.... Don't think I could eat that much. But here's to me getting at least one good meal whilst I'm on holiday! Looking forward to it!

    Frightfully English on
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So excited!
    prepaxdinner.jpg

    ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • DMmagicDMmagic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So glad I'm flying into Seattle on Wednesday \o/ I didn't even know about all this Pre-PAX stuff until after I had booked the flight, having planned on just wandering the city. Muy bueno.

    Hey, do we need to select a meal option in advance? Just curious.

    DMmagic on
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User
    edited July 2009
    Just booked my ticket as well. Also got the three confirmations pretty much simultaneously. Hopefully that doesn't mean I'll have paid three times.... Don't think I could eat that much. But here's to me getting at least one good meal whilst I'm on holiday! Looking forward to it!

    I'm going to investigate the triple confirmation thing today since it appears to be a pattern. Just for your piece of mind, I did check the registry and billings and you only paid once. But please PM me if you see anything out of the ordinary, and I'll get on that right away.
    DMmagic wrote: »
    So glad I'm flying into Seattle on Wednesday \o/ I didn't even know about all this Pre-PAX stuff until after I had booked the flight, having planned on just wandering the city. Muy bueno.

    Hey, do we need to select a meal option in advance? Just curious.

    Come meet some of your fellow attendees and make some new friends! :) And to answer your question, in the OP, it's stated that those who buy a food ticket will get an email after the chef sets his late summer menu, so the options may vary a little bit (he uses local, seasonal ingredients), it will be no less mouth-watering. So, at that time, those who've gotten food tickets will be invited to select which entree they'd like, and I'll share that info with the chef. Hope you can come! 8-)

    Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • DMmagicDMmagic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Astayonix wrote: »

    Come meet some of your fellow attendees and make some new friends! :) And to answer your question, in the OP, it's stated that those who buy a food ticket will get an email after the chef sets his late summer menu, so the options may vary a little bit (he uses local, seasonal ingredients), it will be no less mouth-watering. So, at that time, those who've gotten food tickets will be invited to select which entree they'd like, and I'll share that info with the chef. Hope you can come! 8-)

    Already bought my ticket :mrgreen:

    DMmagic on
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Count me in! Hmm, looking at the map, it looks like you can get there on the Seattle SLUT. Is that true? Though I'm a local, I may be using public transporation all PAX this year.

    Dreamwriter on
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User
    edited July 2009
    DMmagic wrote: »
    Astayonix wrote: »

    Come meet some of your fellow attendees and make some new friends! :) And to answer your question, in the OP, it's stated that those who buy a food ticket will get an email after the chef sets his late summer menu, so the options may vary a little bit (he uses local, seasonal ingredients), it will be no less mouth-watering. So, at that time, those who've gotten food tickets will be invited to select which entree they'd like, and I'll share that info with the chef. Hope you can come! 8-)

    Already bought my ticket :mrgreen:

    Wewt! Come say hi! :) I'll be the one helping to lead Slytherin House thru the Pub Crawl! :twisted:
    Count me in! Hmm, looking at the map, it looks like you can get there on the Seattle SLUT. Is that true? Though I'm a local, I may be using public transporation all PAX this year.

    You certainly can ride the SLUT (take that any way you like ;-)) to and from the event since the SLUT runs from 6am - 9pm on Thursdays. But just like last year, we will be arranging taxis for groups of people who want one to get back to wherever they're staying (folks split cabs last year to save $$).

    Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This was one of the highlights of PAX last year. I really wish I could be there again this year.

    Have fun everyone!

    LewieP on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I am registered. 8-)

    mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User
    edited July 2009
    LewieP wrote: »
    This was one of the highlights of PAX last year. I really wish I could be there again this year.

    Have fun everyone!

    OMG! You're not coming to PAX this year, LewieP?! Not even with your mummy? :( It was awesome meeting you last year!

    Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sorry, for various reasons (mainly money) we're not going to be there. I'm definitely going to do everything I can to be at future PAXs.

    LewieP on
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User
    edited July 2009
    I will.. register once I get paid. *cough* Due to lazy, I'll probably show up in my Pub Crawl get-up. :lol:

    MeeOk on
  • Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm registered - I'll actually know people this year!

    Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

    http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Registered!

    Also, whether or not the MMT decides to do a group volunteering thing this year or not, I offer my services :)

    Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    YAY! I'm so glad to hear you guys are doing it at least one more time! I was worried that with the move you weren't going to have another one going on. =( At least we can make this last one a Pre-PAX Dinner to remember!

    Thank you Astayonix and ElectricTurtle for the many years of awesome Pre-PAX Dinner service! You guys are awesome! We're going to definitely make this last dinner the best! =) =)

    EDIT: Also, I'll definitely miss you this year LewieP, and your Mom too =( =( It's not going to be the same without you guys there. =( Has anyone heard word of any UK PAX contests we might be able to rush on? =( I just did some searching, but it's come up empty. =(

    VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • ShigglesShiggles Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Astayonix wrote: »
    To answer your question, yes the Triwizard Drinking Tourney/Pub Crawl is going to kick off from the dinner (we're actually going to introduce it), so feel free to come dressed up in your house gear! ;) I'm actually going to bring my Slytherin House (the best house) outfit with me, but I'm going to change towards the end of the dinner. It just depends on your preference :). And for the dinner, there is no dress code - just so long as you don't wear (or not wear) anything that will get you arrested, we're easy, breezy. Hell, you could even come in no shirt (if you're a dude) and no shoes, and we'll still serve you! Might get a little uncomfortable for ya, but I'd still eat with you to kick off PAX! :mrgreen::whistle:

    YAY! Thanks for the response Astayonix.:3

    Sounds great! I may have to think up a speshul super crazy concoction & duel you just for the challenge (:mrgreen:). 10:00 PM Linda's Challenge #3 Wizard Duel vs Slytherin: Pair up with a partner from Slytherin and cast your best spell (shot). :P

    Shiggles on
  • DMmagicDMmagic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Shiggles wrote: »
    Sounds great! I may have to think up a speshul super crazy concoction & duel you just for the challenge (:mrgreen:). 10:00 PM Linda's Challenge #3 Wizard Duel vs Slytherin: Pair up with a partner from Slytherin and cast your best spell (shot). :P

    Have you heard of the Three Wise Men? Last party we had my first drink (IIRC) was:

    Two shots vodka
    Two shots rum
    One shot whiskey
    One shot tequila

    That fills half a glass... the other half of the glass was a Smirnoff Ice Green Apple.

    The rest of the night included two glasses (double shot each) of vodka over ice, and at least 3-4 shots of tequila. And maybe another Smirnoff Ice...

    Settlers of Catan has never been so fun. :winky:

    Unfortunately, the rest of the night and the next week after the game were extremely not fun... :oops:

    So, you know... if you're looking for something speshul >.>

    PS it was the tequila at the end that pushed it over. Before that, I'm confident I would have been fine *sigh*

    DMmagic on
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Menu looks great, can't wait to mingle with everyone again!

    MarsChelios on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You had me at Bacon Jam

    parabola on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I found out that bacon jam can be purchsed from them for $10 a bottle. I may have to try this.

    Coldbrew on
    iMIIouF.png
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DMmagic wrote: »
    Have you heard of the Three Wise Men? Last party we had my first drink (IIRC) was:

    Two shots vodka
    Two shots rum
    One shot whiskey
    One shot tequila

    That fills half a glass... the other half of the glass was a Smirnoff Ice Green Apple.

    The traditional Three Wise Men is a shot of Jim Bean, a shot of Jack Daniels, and a shot of Johnnie Walker served in a highball glass. It was a staple 21st birthday drink amongst my friend group (and pure evil, at that). The drink you have described sounds like a modified Long Island Iced Tea.

    ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • DMmagicDMmagic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ukiyo e wrote: »
    DMmagic wrote: »
    Have you heard of the Three Wise Men? Last party we had my first drink (IIRC) was:

    Two shots vodka
    Two shots rum
    One shot whiskey
    One shot tequila

    That fills half a glass... the other half of the glass was a Smirnoff Ice Green Apple.

    The traditional Three Wise Men is a shot of Jim Bean, a shot of Jack Daniels, and a shot of Johnnie Walker served in a highball glass. It was a staple 21st birthday drink amongst my friend group (and pure evil, at that). The drink you have described sounds like a modified Long Island Iced Tea.

    Yeah, modified Long Island was what I was going for. Someone else mentioned Three Wise Men to me, I think because they perceived both drinks to be horrible ideas.

    DMmagic on
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yay for the Pre-PAX dinner. Sadly I won't be in attendance as my flight arrives direct from London at around 4:30pm. My brain will be so fried I won't be any fit state to generate much by way of conversation, other than the odd grunt or two.

    Nevertheless, the pre-PAX dinner offers an opportunity to distribute the PA Forum badges I've been slaving over. So if you're not in any of the WCTT/CST/CCST trips and don't want to bother BigRed at the BYOC booth at PAX, you can grab a badge from the pre-PAX dinner people as I will be sending the organisers a pack of them. Assuming you're attending of course!

    kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png





  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DMmagic wrote: »
    ukiyo e wrote: »
    DMmagic wrote: »
    Have you heard of the Three Wise Men? Last party we had my first drink (IIRC) was:

    Two shots vodka
    Two shots rum
    One shot whiskey
    One shot tequila

    That fills half a glass... the other half of the glass was a Smirnoff Ice Green Apple.

    The traditional Three Wise Men is a shot of Jim Bean, a shot of Jack Daniels, and a shot of Johnnie Walker served in a highball glass. It was a staple 21st birthday drink amongst my friend group (and pure evil, at that). The drink you have described sounds like a modified Long Island Iced Tea.

    Yeah, modified Long Island was what I was going for. Someone else mentioned Three Wise Men to me, I think because they perceived both drinks to be horrible ideas.

    Add a shot of Cuervo and you have a Four Horseman. You also have a hangover.

    ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User
    edited July 2009
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Yay for the Pre-PAX dinner. Sadly I won't be in attendance as my flight arrives direct from London at around 4:30pm. My brain will be so fried I won't be any fit state to generate much by way of conversation, other than the odd grunt or two.

    Nevertheless, the pre-PAX dinner offers an opportunity to distribute the PA Forum badges I've been slaving over. So if you're not in any of the WCTT/CST/CCST trips and don't want to bother BigRed at the BYOC booth at PAX, you can grab a badge from the pre-PAX dinner people as I will be sending the organisers a pack of them. Assuming you're attending of course!

    So sorry you can't come :(. I still want to meet you at PAX though! :) And, ET and I would be happy to distribute PA Forum badges. I'll PM you, and we'll talk more about it.

    Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
This discussion has been closed.