As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Looking for an old game!

TaminTamin Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Games and Technology
Hey, I was hanging out with some friends and one of them is a big Turn-Based Strategy fan.

He mentioned an old Amiga game called something like Conquest, or Dominion. We spent a couple of hours trawling the usual sites, but we may have the name wrong - we couldn't find anything.

Basically, it was a TBS, with a map-grid, with each planet represented by a letter/number combination. A4, for example, would be the first planet the game randomly generated. Once you've chosen your starting planet, that one becomes a class-7.

The distance between planets is based on their letters; A is further from B then B is from D.
Distance determines travel time.
Multiple ship types - scout, cruiser, dreadnought, Railship (?).

News flashes before each turn; rebellions take place on planets with a size less than 7. Sizes can be increased by spending money.

Can scrap a planet to get money back.

If anyone knows, we would really appreciate it.

Tamin on

• Ace.SavantAce.Savant Registered User new member
    edited July 2009
    The game in which you seek is called "Lore of Conquest" It took me a very long time to find it myself. It was released for Amiga and I haven't been able to find a port for PC.

Ace.Savant on