As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Error 430

marty_0001marty_0001 I am a fileand you put documents in meRegistered User regular
edited July 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
We recently got some new software installed at the office. I work in an accounting firm, and one function of the software is to store all the details of each client - name, phone numbers, addresses, etc.

A feature of the software is the 'Quick Word Merge'. Basically you select a client, select a template for a letter we want to send them, click a button, and it prefills the name and address into the letter. Saves us typing out the whole thing.

The problem we're having is that it's working on some people's computers, but not most. For the majority, when we try to create the document, it produces an Error 430.

So I have been googling around trying to work out what the issue is. Error 430's apparently occur when there is an inconsistency of the DMAC version installed on the machine. (I'm not the IT technician, forgive my rudimentary knowledge!). However as best I can tell, and I am only trying to fix it own my own computer first and then fix it for everyone, I have the most current version of DMAC.

So, some facts:
- Most of our computers are on Windows XP SP2. Yep, our system and its maintenance sucks.

- One computer which the Word Merge works on is on SP3. I upgraded my own to SP3 but it hasn't made a difference.

- I installed and ran the Component Checker as adviced by the MS knowledge base and it returned that I had MDAC 2.8 SP1, which is the latest version, no?

- We've asked the software provider what the problem might be, but they are of the opinion that it's not with their software. They told us to call them again if we're really stuck and they will try harder to figure out what the problem is. I tend to think that it's with Windows, since the software does work for some of us, just not all of us.

And that's where I'm at now. I can't think of anything else to try, short of calling in a technician. I thought I might try you geniuses first though :) Thanks

marty_0001 on