As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help getting music off an old computer (solved)

lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I have music on my old computer (~10.6 GB) that I would like to move onto my new one, or at least onto my Zune. The problems I'm having are that my old computer is a piece of garbage, so the cd tray refuses to open and it can't connect to the internet. I don't know a lot about computers so I was wondering if I could get some help, maybe by

1. Figuring out how to open the stuck tray?
2. Figuring out how to get the sucker on the internet? (we have wireless DSL)
3. Figuring out how to just install my Zune software on the old computer, maybe using a flash drive or something?

If all else fails I can just make a ton of transfers with my flash drive D: , but any help would be greatly appreciated.

lyrium on

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    There should be a little hole in the front of the CD drive, usually next to the open button, that's about the size of a paperclip. Straighten a paperclip and push it in that hole, and it will release and open the tray.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You can connect the old harddrive to the new computer and copy directly.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh awesome! The paperclip worked, thanks :)
    (wow, that was fast)
    Thanks also for the tip, Chanus.

lyrium on
This discussion has been closed.