As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] Post a picture of yourself! (keep all images under 500KB plzkthx)

• Options
    yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i apologise especially to any and all girls who were offended by my comment i was merly trying to be part of the community and make someone somewhere smile it had no merit whatsoever and was nothing more then a joke based on the comment before my post and was in no way shape or form meant to offend anyone for any reason what so ever. i understand how hard it is for gamer girls to attend these functions for fear of exactly what i said and i commend you for getting over that fear to enjoy something you like to do. and yes now that i see how you all react to that first hand i see how bad it is to make such comments. i will refrain from any and all comments based on that in the future, or anything that might offend anyone in general.

and o be offical "I am sorry for my offensive comment I made."

Sorry to make you the sacrificial lamb, but these comments keep coming up with more frequency lately, not less.

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Lord HomsarLord Homsar Lord of Hammers Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Even though i might not make it to PAX this year,I dug out the only picture of me that is on the internets.

lordhomsar2.gif

Disregard the horribly GIMPed background, this is from my early image manipulation days.

Lord Homsar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    And now that that's out of the way.....OMGWTFPIX!!!!111
    caek.jpg

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I wasn't going to do this as chances are high my hair will change again or something before PAX and wearing glasses completely changes the way I look (I will be wearing glasses most of PAX), but here is a picture of me after a long night on the radio.
    Picture330.jpg

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I won't be at this PAX, and most of you already probably know what I look like, but fuckitall here is a pic...

flowers.jpg

Cynd3rCyn on
  • Options
    HyokenseisouHyokenseisou Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    BAHAHA! The last couple of posts made me lawl so much...

Hyokenseisou on

5lxi1d.jpg
    <--Click Call me Hyo for short
  • Options
    HortosHortos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    yoshamano wrote: »

Joke or not, the point needs to be made about WHY we frown upon "PAX is a dating service". Take note of the picture above. The picture was meant to be a simple, "here I am at PAX" picture and instead turned into a "creepy, I'm blatantly checking out your ass picture." It's things like this that leave a sour taste with women that go to PAX.

So we, as a community, strive to keep this behavior to a minimum for the enjoyment of everyone involved. So please, if anyone has anything to do with "finding a gamer chick" on your things to do at PAX list, just drop that idea out of your mind.

Hi there, in the guy's defense it looks like he is angry and in motion not stopped and appreciating anything.
    Oh here is a picture of me appreciating something, notice the lack of angry face.
    DSCN0552.jpg

Hortos on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hortos wrote: »
    Hi there, in the guy's defense it looks like he is angry and in motion not stopped and appreciating anything.

I guess what she's holding she stole from him, and he's going "Hey, THAT'S the girl who took my shit!" :lol:

Djiem on
  • Options
    Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Oh here is a picture of me appreciating something, notice the lack of angry face.

Also in defense to dude who may or may not be ass checking, anyone's ass is at risk for lookily loos anytime one leaves the house. There is no such place as a safe zone for people who check out asses etc.

Now if dude walked up and grabbed said ass, then that would be a tad bit of an issue.

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Honestly we just like taunting Dizzy with that pic ^_^

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Grabbing of ass is when you start stabbing sharp objects into people right Djiem? ;P

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Grabbing of ass is when you start stabbing sharp objects into people right Djiem? ;P

Indeed, and anyone who says otherwise supports rape, right? :P
    (We tease because we love. At least I do. Maybe BA wants to kill me. I wouldn't put it past her)

Djiem on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Djiem wrote: »

(We tease because we love. At least I do. Maybe BA wants to kill me. I wouldn't put it past her)

I would NEVER! >.>

<3

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

*rabblerabblerabble* :evil:

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    tr0tsky wrote: »

*rabblerabblerabble* :evil:

2cp8i7ljpg.gif

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dear everyone, Please do not turn the picture thread into the "PAX is not a dating service" thread. I meant this thread to be annoying enough with the pictures.

:)

Love,
    eye-shuh

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Lets see if we can get this back on the right track.

This is me. I look a little weird because I'm holding my sister's veil at her wedding while she has a smoke and the wind was blowing the smoke right into my face and the veil right into her cigarette.
    ContreSistersWedding.jpg

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    Dear everyone, Please do not turn the picture thread into the "PAX is not a dating service" thread. I meant this thread to be annoying enough with the pictures.

Love,
    eye-shuh
    This.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Love,
    eye-shuh

But, But, we could tke the annoying to a whole nother level!

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    CRCelfCRCelf Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    My turn!! First we have me, dressed kinda piratey...
    chelseapirate.jpg
    I should mention that I no longer have the braces (thank god...)

And then my fiancee, Moradeth, dipping me, because he can...
    PirateDip.jpg

CRCelf on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Obligatory post I make every year stating amount of women I've met at PAX: 5

(attracted said women by being cheery and out going and sociable)

Notice: People of opposite genders with similar interests are attracted to each other.

Also Notice: Single people will look for suitable mates around them.

Notice this Notice: Due to the inherent introverted nature of most gamers/nerds, such an event as PAX would be an excellent opportunity to practice and develop social skills twoard these ends.

Yes some people might come off creepy, but if you think that women are so fragile as to be unable to handle the attentions of single males then I'm not sure you live in the same world as I do.

that said, pix! :winky:
    PAX 08:
    Photo-0097.jpg
    PAX07:
    PICT0027-1.jpg
    PAX07:
    PICT0008-2.jpg
    Halloween 08:
    [IMG][/img]PICT0011-2.jpg

Shade on
  • Options
    TipistTipist Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Me in Iraq:
    21mxl4n.jpg

Me at the bar:
    2rnu4qr.jpg

Me more drunker at the bar:
    2istcgi.jpg

Tipist on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Shade wrote: »
    Notice: People of opposite genders with similar interests are attracted to each other.

Notice this Notice: Due to the inherent introverted nature of most gamers/nerds, such an event as PAX would be an excellent opportunity to practice and develop social skills twoard these ends.

Yes some people might come off creepy, but if you think that women are so fragile as to be unable to handle the attentions of single males then I'm not sure you live in the same world as I do.

Shade you said it, do you have some kinda twitter or other way to get ahold of you? You so need to show up at some of the PAX After/Pre - Party events.

Picture of me in a club.
    DSCN0548.jpg

Picture of me hopefully drunker than @Tipist
    DSCN0510.jpg

Hortos on
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I see your drunk picture, and raise you one green beer:
    greenbeer.jpg

And confused drunk eye-shuh:
    confusedg.jpg

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I approve Tipist. b=u= Men in militry gear = awesome..... just saying. anyways...

Hyokenseisou on

5lxi1d.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Shade you said it, do you have some kinda twitter or other way to get ahold of you? You so need to show up at some of the PAX After/Pre - Party events.

Picture of me in a club.
    DSCN0548.jpg

Picture of me hopefully drunker than @Tipist
    DSCN0510.jpg

@Cannoncore

Shade on
  • Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    well i'd better post some pics else people won't recognize me and come up to me all day asking to touch my hat. Not that anyone would want to touch my hat.
    khootouchedmyhat.JPG

these are my most recent pictures. . .
    highres_9686944.jpeg
    highres_9686994.jpeg
    though don't expect me to be dressed as a jedi at PAX

I should be easy to spot, my brother and I can often be seen filming something
    1238077771_c2fd812b26-2.jpg
    IMG_0564.jpg
    1286239870_1b7d66c9fb.jpg
    2829154992_384efea75b_o.jpg

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Also in defense to dude who may or may not be ass checking, anyone's ass is at risk for lookily loos anytime one leaves the house. There is no such place as a safe zone for people who check out asses etc.

Now if dude walked up and grabbed said ass, then that would be a tad bit of an issue.

Bum?
    Stock2-15.jpg

Note to self: wear longer shirts and/or oversized hoodie/jacket. lols
    Maybe I'll wear the jacket Insomniac gave me so I can distract people away from mah bum....:\
    5295_219453685402_814300402_7953684.jpg

I'd like to respectfully disagree...
    All those points are very debtable and vary with each person.
    For points 2 and 3; personally, I like being single so I doubt I'll be scouting for a 'mate'. I'm going to pax to play my beloved video games, not look for a bf or develope my social skills. I may be anti-social, but not socially akward.

Hyokenseisou on

5lxi1d.jpg
  • Options
    RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So. heres me with 2 of my buddys on a fatty houseboat in canadia. I'm the one on the bottom, closest to the camera.
    drumeluke.jpg

Then heres on standing on the beach, acting in a skit
    MINE1.jpg

And lastly. me at the HoG housewarming party, hiding from Bigred. I'm hiding behind a corner, look for me closely.
    raepthirty.jpg

BigRed told me it was raep thirty =(

Ravenger on
    <@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • Options
    KorthosKorthos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    greenbeer.jpg

confusedg.jpg

eye-shuh, are you trying to turn this into a drunken shenanigans thread?
    1910276.jpg
    img0363d.jpg
    img0708.jpg

I wonder who'll be the one to submit the picture that takes it too far.

Korthos on
    -Korthos (@SeanCelaya)
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Note to self: wear longer shirts and/or oversized hoodie/jacket. lols
    Maybe I'll wear the jacket Insomniac gave me so I can distract people away from mah bum....:\
    5295_219453685402_814300402_7953684.jpg

That jacket is a thousand different kinds of freaking awesome.
    All I have is a hat and a shirt (not shown)
    5329_1027122777338_1803370868_56957_6986417_n.jpg

I'm the short one in the white t-shirt, that isn't Pinder, Snickers, or Emorimiku.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    That jacket is a thousand different kinds of freaking awesome.
    All I have is a hat and a shirt (not shown)
    5329_1027122777338_1803370868_56957_6986417_n.jpg

I'm the short one in the white t-shirt, that isn't Pinder, Snickers, or Emorimiku.

Looks like my distraction is working! MUAHAHAHA!

Hyokenseisou on

5lxi1d.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009

I'd like to respectfully disagree...
    All those points are very debtable and vary with each person.
    For points 2 and 3; personally, I like being single so I doubt I'll be scouting for a 'mate'. I'm going to pax to play my beloved video games, not look for a bf or develope my social skills. I may be anti-social, but not socially akward.

Every person you meet, you subconsciously judge by a breeding criteria. Hence: mate and not boyfriend/girlfriend. You might not be looking but if a certain number of traits get checked off bam vasopressin/oxytocin kick in and it's not your conscious mind's choice whether you like them or not.
    And as such: Your constantly being judged and evaluated yourself. That's the way the species continues. No matter where you go people will assess you as a potential mate.

Is it reasonable to expect people to not be assholes about it?
    Yes.

Is it reasonable to ask a large amount of people gathered in one place not to interact? See? Hear? Or otherwise judge someone to be attractive?
    No.

Also, a large part of the attraction of PAX is to be around other gamers/nerds. Its a place where you can be yourself around the things you love with other people who share your interest. A place that if I say I want to tap something, I don't mean a keg, but 2 mountains so I can cast Kindle to do 2 damage and an additional 1 for each kindle already in my graveyard.

After all this thread itself is ABOUT posting pictures of yourself so that other people know what you look like.

So the question to ask yourself is:

Is it reasonable to be offended when someone indicates that they find you attractive?

Shade on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Every person you meet, you subconsciously judge by a breeding criteria. Hence: mate and not boyfriend/girlfriend. You might not be looking but if a certain number of traits get checked off bam vasopressin/oxytocin kick in and it's not your conscious mind's choice whether you like them or not.
    And as such: Your constantly being judged and evaluated yourself. That's the way the species continues. No matter where you go people will assess you as a potential mate.

Is it reasonable to expect people to not be assholes about it?
    Yes.

Is it reasonable to ask a large amount of people gathered in one place not to interact? See? Hear? Or otherwise judge someone to be attractive?
    No.

Also, a large part of the attraction of PAX is to be around other gamers/nerds. Its a place where you can be yourself around the things you love with other people who share your interest. A place that if I say I want to tap something, I don't mean a keg, but 2 mountains so I can cast Kindle to do 2 damage and an additional 1 for each kindle already in my graveyard.

After all this thread itself is ABOUT posting pictures of yourself so that other people know what you look like.

So the question to ask yourself is:

Is it reasonable to be offended when someone indicates that they find you attractive?
    Wow essay much? lol jk
    To reply....

Wow I must not be human then, because I rarely; and I do mean rarely, ever asset others for being a potentional 'mate', etc. On the whole, I honestly could care less about the whole ordeal of that 'other' or attraction.

But you're right, this thread is to post photos of yourself, which I did, but mainly for lawls and boredom and cause I am far to lazy to read through the other threads that don't have shiny pictures in them to keep me entertained.

To answer you question in a personal manner: I don't find it offensive (well sometimes, when I'm called 'fu**ing hot cause it makes me feel like a whoreish piece of meat) but I just don't know how to take 'comments' I guess. I never got many growing up, so when given one now, I don't know how to respond but with a sarcastic remark.

ANYWAYS. rawr at this topic, back to posting shtuffz. :3 (V V tis me rawring.. get it? AHAHA I'm witty. like a tree. a dead one. a very bored and dead one. with a cat beside it. and some bird poopy on a branch. >.> )
    1029082024.jpg

(In all honesty, I am very bored and tired right now, lol, so please excuse the randomness of this post and the, I'm sure, lack of intelligance. I'm just posting/replying to this 'issue'/topic/discussion for the lawls. But all seriousiness, back to the MAIN topic of this thread. :3 )

Hyokenseisou on

5lxi1d.jpg
  • Options
    CatBoyCatBoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    greenbeer.jpg

confusedg.jpg

and i'll raise you! A...

Tapped keg!
    5212_770395055078_10712249_44114316.jpg

and A...

champagne flute
    3156354167_da3151b7f0.jpg

CatBoy on
    <+Djiem|HKO> Woah
    <+Djiem|HKO> Hello Kitty is brutal
    <+Djiem|HKO> A starfish just raped my ass
    <+Gilles> you deserved it
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    greenbeer.jpg

confusedg.jpg

I'll tip my hand of

Drinking beer in fancy restaurant despite wine glasses
    DSCN0243.jpg

With a twist of Tiny Champagne Bottle
    Wtfisthis.jpg

Also, is this an attempt at distraction?

Bum?
    Stock2-15.jpg

Hortos on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'll see your drunkenness and raise you a happy drunk with a hot chick:
    drunk1.jpg

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    DinnyDinny Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    CatBoy wrote: »
    I see your drunk picture, and raise you one green beer

I see YOUR green beer, and raise you DOUBLE OKTOBERFEST STEIN ACTION

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1476013&l=08e9e0d35c&id=602257773

Thats me, BTW.

Dinny on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Oh that's it, it's on now!
    Now everyone needs to post a bum pic. Let me go get my camera...

It might also become useful when we want to recognize each other from behind, who knows...

Djiem on
  • Options
    Bob JackassBob Jackass Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This one was mailed to me with a note that simply said "BANG!". That, or it was on the streets of Bellvue after PAX '07.
    n635847116_1514.jpg

This is me and some buddies on Halloween 2000. I'm on the left. 1000 points to whoever can correctly guess who I am supposed to be (it's a really crappy costume). Werezwolf doesn't count because he's in the picture as well.
    n30805574_32419902_4742.jpg

Bob Jackass on
    Check out my actual, real life rock band!

Xbox Live - Bob Jackass || Playstation - Cosby__Sweater || Steam - Bob Jackass

Twitter
This discussion has been closed.