As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

C-Z List Characters: DC & Marvel

13»

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    And the Lobdell version was sooo bad that we all pretend it never happened, right?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    And the Lobdell version was sooo bad that we all pretend it never happened, right?

Was that the one with the old man and the sword that could send you back in time?

Because if so, god yes... that was awful.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The original Alpha Flight with the classics like Guardian, Puck, Sasquatch, etc is a B-list team.

Most of the revamps, expesically Lobdell, have sucked and are, thankfully, C-List. Like the team where they replaced Guardian with his teenage self, just because the Avengers had replaced Tony Stark with a teenage version. God those storylines sucked. I believe this version was written by Steven Seagle, who was way cooler when he used his pony tail to fight terrorists on submarines.

Hensler on
  • Options
    Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Has anyone mentioned this DC Z-list trainwreck?

2310_4_1.jpg

Bob The Monkey on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Has anyone mentioned this DC Z-list trainwreck?

2310_4_1.jpg

Atlas was Marvel comics.

Tiger-Man looks like he has Down's Syndrome.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Wow, somebody finally managed to post an obscure character from the big 2 that I didnt know about already. Now that I've seen Tiger Man, I must own it.

Hensler on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    That cover looks about 30 seconds away from a really poorly scripted and potentially disturbing pr0no. The cameraman even forgot to take the lighting guy out of the scene.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Toad looks pretty cool these days. What list is he on? With the right writer and artist, Toad could star in a very kinetic book. Toad vs Batroc in a battle across the skylines of Paris or something. Parkour and kung fu and knees to the face and British wisecracks that noone will understand!

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Toad looks pretty cool these days. What list is he on? With the right writer and artist, Toad could star in a very kinetic book. Toad vs Batroc in a battle across the skylines of Paris or something. Parkour and kung fu and knees to the face and British wisecracks that noone will understand!
    The dude that played Toad in X-men and Darth Maul is gonna be Danny Rand.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    If the movie is ever made, yeah. Hell, Nick Cage tried for something like 8 years to be Ghost Rider and it is finally happening. I guess anything can happen. I seriously remember sitting in some lobby somewhere, watching TV while waiting for my at the time new girlfriend to get her ear examined or something and seeing Nick talking to Regis about Ghost Rider. Regis was trying really hard to look like he had some idea what Nick was talking about, and coming off as a total asshole, just like usual. This was probably close to five years ago, and Nick was talking about how he had been trying for years to get this movie made back then. In summary, Nick has been trying to be Ghost Rider for a period of time greater than the average life span of a canine.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I just want a Luke Cage movie, damn it. If it has to be a Hero-For-Hire buddy flick with Luke and Fist, that would be acceptable. As long as they get rid of Tyrese.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited December 2006

Does he still have his 70's fro and sunglasses? Because if so, Toad rocks.

I did like his characterization after Genosha got destroyed... gave him a little dimension.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    MoneenMoneen Registered User new member
    edited December 2006
    How about Hybrid?

Or, more recently, Toxin. Although Hyrbid is certainly more Z-List.

Moneen on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Jesus, Toxin sucked so much.

Hensler on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, Toxin was just another failed attempt at recapturing the magic of Venom: Lethal Protector. Can't catch lightning in a bottle twice, Marvel!

Juston Seyfert from Sentinel is a great C-List character. I almost wish he would join the Runaways.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2006
    FORBUSH MAN

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Moneen wrote:
    No one has mentioned Alpha Flight?

Major Mapleleaf? Come On.

I don't think there is any way you can classify Alpha Flight as c-list. Maybe... JUST MAYBE.. I would give them B-list status... but C-list? That's borderline offensive.

From Wiki:
    Major Mapleleaf: Lou Sadler is the son of a World War II super-hero of the same name. He is secretly a normal human who rides a superpowered horse.

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    A duck! wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    Moneen wrote:

I don't think there is any way you can classify Alpha Flight as c-list. Maybe... JUST MAYBE.. I would give them B-list status... but C-list? That's borderline offensive.

From Wiki:
    Major Mapleleaf: Lou Sadler is the son of a World War II super-hero of the same name. He is secretly a normal human who rides a superpowered horse.

Hmm... try looking up Guardian, Puck, Northstar, Sasquatch, Aurora, and... oh... who is that guy... umm... oh yeah, Wolverine.

B/C-List my fucking ass.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    A duck! wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    Moneen wrote:

From Wiki:

Hmm... try looking up Guardian, Puck, Northstar, Sasquatch, Aurora, and... oh... who is that guy... umm... oh yeah, Wolverine.

B/C-List my fucking ass.

Wolverine comes so far that he wraps around the alphabet and is like S or T list.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    A duck! wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    Moneen wrote:

From Wiki:

B/C-List my fucking ass.

I know, the rest seem fine. I find that to be hilarious though.

A duck! on
  • Options
    MoneenMoneen Registered User new member
    edited December 2006
    Well to be fair, Wolverine is on every team.

Moneen on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Moneen wrote:
    Well to be fair, Wolverine is on every team.

Yeah, but he was on Alpha Flight before any of them...

teams, that is.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I liked Alpha Flight. They could still be a solid underdog team. Kind of a waste really. I hope Omega Flight is good. Gamma flight sucks!

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Malkor wrote:
    I liked Alpha Flight. They could still be a solid underdog team. Kind of a waste really. I hope Omega Flight is good. Gamma flight sucks!

Omega Flight has to be good - it has US Agent and Beta Ray Bill on the same team.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    A duck! wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    A duck! wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    Moneen wrote:

From Wiki:

B/C-List my fucking ass.

I know, the rest seem fine. I find that to be hilarious though.

I think it's all about the execution when it comes to superheroes. I mean, there's a Green Lantern who is literally a giant fucking sentient planet. If you're just reading that off a wiki, it sounds stupid. But in practice it works.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote: