As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

IP address problems/wireless connectivity

QuirkQuirk Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
My laptop claims to have limited or not connectivity, and when trying to repair the problem cannot renew my IP address. The main wireless thing is working fine (as shows by me using this pc to gain internet access) The laptop has done this once before but about a week later was fine.

I dont use this laptop at this location much as i live in a different city but im home for xmas and would like to be able to use the net wherever inthe house and wihtout fighting my sisters for it.

Any help with renewing my IP address or stopping this insane limited or no connectivity thing would be fantastic.

also if it helps the thing is connecting, just not properly.

please help, this is incredibly irritating[/b]

Quirk on

• Options
    Locust76Locust76 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Is your encryption key on the laptop correct? I've noticed that sometimes the wifi adapter will "connect" to a wireless network, but won't pull down an IP because the key isn't correct and comes up with said "limited or no connectivity" messages...

Locust76 on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    encryption key? im really bad with computers sorry so i may need step by step help. DO you mean the password to connect to the wireless net? because im pretty sure i have that right, though ill go check again now.

Quirk on
  • Options
    Locust76Locust76 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Yes... the password... You need to make absolutely sure that every single setting on your laptop is identical to that on your desktop machine. Even the "Shared" or "Open" option will fuck it all up...

Locust76 on
  • Options
    xYUUBINKYOKUxxYUUBINKYOKUx Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    could be that you are just out of range as well. How strong is the signal?

xYUUBINKYOKUx on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    FIXED, jesus thanks locust. I thought the password had been saved since i t would have all black circles like there werre things written in the password field.....now i feel a moron, but a relieved moron

thanks again

Quirk on