Options

[Japanimation] Mahjong: Putin, Papa Bush & Pope vs Hitler for fate of the world.

• Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    JONJONAUG wrote: »
    Slicer wrote: »
    I have been watching Victory Gundam lately, it is weird but pretty good!
    All I really have to say is that it's always nice to see a show admit that a young kid fighting a war is pretty fucked up.

And that beam rotors confuse the shit out of me. They're cool and all, but....

How do laser helicopter blades even work

You haven't watched any UC Gundam before, have you?

Here's the original movie trilogy, Char's Counterattack, and Miller's Report (08th MS Team movie, I wouldn't bother with it though) all for 30 dollars, pick this up

I've seen plenty, including all in that pack! It's just that usually it seems more heavily implied than being outright said!

Slicer on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Behemoth wrote: »
    Godfather wrote: »
    Hahahahahahahah...... (Naruto)
    Hinata never wins
    ;__;

Poor Hinata.
    Seriously, what happened? Did she die? Or did Naruto say "I love you like a sister." or something brutal like that?

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    FCD wrote: »
    Behemoth wrote: »
    Hahahahahahahah...... (Naruto)
    Hinata never wins
    ;__;

Poor Hinata.
    Seriously, what happened? Did she die? Or did Naruto say "I love you like a sister." or something brutal like that?
    No, she just dropped out of the story all together. She hasn't been mentioned at all since she got stabbed.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh, okay then. I was worried something actually bad had happened to her. But ignoring side-characters is what Kishimoto does best.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    FCD wrote: »
    Oh, okay then. I was worried something actually bad had happened to her. But ignoring side-characters is what Kishimoto does best.

Well, something else happened as well.
    Sai basically told Sakura to open her damn eyes and pay attention to Nartuo, and then she started crying. I think she was wept in every single chapter she has appeared in since the end of the Pain fight.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    so anyays, naruto
    what the hizzy. haha got nothing to say about it at this point. it's just so stupid

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    He can't write political intrigue to save his life.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh hey Bleach
    once again Hitsugaya winds up taking way more space than he should

also poor Wonderweiss, doomed to power whiplash forever

Rust on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    Oh hey Bleach
    once again Hitsugaya winds up taking way more space than he should

also poor Wonderweiss, doomed to power whiplash forever

How sad is it that chapter was more interesting than Naruto this week.
    Hitsugaya and Hiyori were made for one another.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Eh the 'ol
    Julius Caesar method of "we need someone who has absolute power" wherein the one who gets said power never steps down

is a bit overused in fiction though I can't say I can remember too many anime or manga that used it so I guess that gets Naruto some brownie points there!

Slicer on
  • Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Lenore03 wrote: »
    Ohh and speaking about Bones love. There was a 2nd OP and a couple extra EDs made for Xamd.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX51CFEy2mE

Dun care if it's old! Click HD son. All good looking dramatic poses in impossible situations and shit.
    I completely forget this was getting released outside PSN. It was a fucking crime it stayed there for so long anyway. Thank god for the internet

What's worse about the whole PSN only thing is that Sony wanted people to pay $4/episode to rent it for 1 day. No way I am paying that kind of money for a digital rental.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ugh. So I ordered the season 1 & 2 Black Lagoon slimpacks and they sent me a boxset of the latter.

Dammit, Madman, you bastards!

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ugh. So I ordered the season 1 & 2 Black Lagoon slimpacks and they sent me a boxset of the latter.

Dammit, Madman, you bastards!

I got these sweet metal boxed ones from Amazon. Which I sort of hate because it is a pain to get the discs off sometimes without feeling like you'll break them.

Kelor on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm debating whether I should sent it back for a refund. They're purposely holding back until they "exhaust stock of the collectors box". Why tell me ahead of time, you fuckers.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So Naruto...

Am I the only one who felt sad about this week's Naruto? You cold heartless BASTARDOS!

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    uh slimpacks are usually mising features so you got more out of the boxset no yes?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    What? Don't they usually just put the DVDs in a single case? Like with Special edition DVDs?

And regarding the latest Naruto manga...
    FUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOU

27.gif

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was talking about the anime ;)

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    What? Don't they usually just put the DVDs in a single case? Like with Special edition DVDs?
    I thought the whole reasoning behind slimpacks was that they remove the features and slim it down so that they can sell it at a lower price. This is also so people aren't pissed they bought the normal version for a much higher price and then never buy normals again and instead buy both versions. Then a special edition comes and they buy it a third time. Or EVA it and release it a fifth time and still buy it again.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited July 2009
    To be fair, you kind of deserve it for buying Black Lagoon.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    blkmage wrote: »
    Saki 12-14:
    Alright, that magical girl stuff was kinda ridiculous, but not quite Geass captain ridiculous. And then Stealth Momo showed up and took it back up there.
    Momo is actually far more realistic than Sharigan Captain or the Flow Tranny, because neither of those actually do anything. =X

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Aroduc wrote: »

WUT

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

WUT

Aroduc is usually correct when he points out the flaws of any one series, you just need to remember he's so jaded he was hewn, fully-formed, from the ruins of a Mezo-American temple complex.

Falx on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Slicer wrote: »
    Eh the 'ol
    Julius Caesar method of "we need someone who has absolute power" wherein the one who gets said power never steps down

is a bit overused in fiction though I can't say I can remember too many anime or manga that used it so I guess that gets Naruto some brownie points there!
    And then bandage face is all execute order 66 and you have to rescind those brownie points

And what did happen to Hinata?

I bet she accidentally got buried when they rebuilt everything

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Naruto Shippuden 119-120

I...just got something in my eye....

...I've got something in my other eye....

...I have something... in my heart...

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited July 2009
    Falx wrote: »

WUT

Aroduc is usually correct when he points out the flaws of any one series, you just need to remember he's so jaded he was hewn, fully-formed, from the ruins of a Mezo-American temple complex.

Excuse me. Our proud heritage is Incan.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

WUT

I dunno man, you look a little Aztec around the ears.

Falx on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

WUT

No need to eat his heart out over that...

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ToefooToefoo Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Aw man Heatwave, you should've just waited because they're releasing both seasons on blu-ray. I myself bought the aluminum cases, and they do feel like you're going to snap the fucking discs just trying to get them out.

And no, there should not be any Black Lagoon hate in this thread...Black Lagoon is fucking amazing. It's so amazing that it forces you to incorporate the word "fuck" more often in your everyday conversations.

Toefoo on
    PSN: Soultics
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So i'm having trouble figuring out the point of Naruto is now.
    All the big events have already taken place; Big brother/little brother Uchiha fight, The leader of the ninja-for-hire was taken out, etc. Just what are we looking forwards to here? I don't see anything worthwhile here down the line.

Somebody needs to take the horse out back and shoot the poor girl. She's running a marathon with two broken legs.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    All the big events have already taken place; Big brother/little brother Uchiha fight, The leader of the ninja-for-hire was taken out, etc. Just what are we looking forwards to here? I don't see anything worthwhile here down the line.

Somebody needs to take the horse out back and shoot the poor girl. She's running a marathon with two broken legs.
    There really is only Madara himself left now... maybe it's heading for the home stretch? Couldn't come soon enough, it's been hard watching Kishimoto create an interesting world filled with interesting characters and then basically sodomize them both for the last ten years.

Falx on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

There really is only Madara himself left now... maybe it's heading for the home stretch? Couldn't come soon enough, it's been hard watching Kishimoto create an interesting world filled with interesting characters and then basically sodomize them both for the last ten years.
    I like how he uses now to introduce the rest of the Kages. At the tail end of the series.

Nobody gives a shit now. Just hurry and finish things up.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

I like how he uses now to introduce the rest of the Kages. At the tail end of the series.

Nobody gives a shit now. Just hurry and finish things up.
    The series really needs to be remade from the ground up. Give it to somebody competent who'll do justice.

@ Toefoo: Yeah I heard about the blu-ray thing but sometimes I like to play vids on the computer
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

WUT

No need to eat his heart out over that...
    OM NOM NOM NOM

55.gif

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I'd say give Naruto to us Americans, but we'd probably at best get eighteen pages out the door a month if we're lucky (what deadline?), a different artist every five issues, eight different writers who can't agree on anything/will cancel each other's work out if things go sour, and expect the series to stay in circulation for thirty years before a "reboot" is made, with the same exact characters and settings, only with minor changes and permanent* results/effects to the universe.

*That is unless the character is popular and the company needs more money, which is pretty much always.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Reboot. That's the word I was think of. Duh. *boink*

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    ToefooToefoo Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Reboot was an amazing show. Yes, I know that's not what you were referring to :P

Toefoo on
    PSN: Soultics
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yes, Reboot was an amazing show.

My teacher at school worked on that program!

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Puh. Beast Wars ftw. Beasties in Canada, though.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    He did that one too!

Godfather on
This discussion has been closed.