As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Help finding biased articles

symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
My girlfriend has an essay to do about egocentric thinking in authors. Sorta along the lines where the author has the mindset of 'I'm right, you're wrong.' I said I'd help her ( I had an article in mind but can't find it!) The more reputable the author the better but anything will do. Editorials definitely count! Deadline is tomorrow! We procrastinate too much. =(

symbolsor on

• ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • BlochWaveBlochWave Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
  • Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
    GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
  • DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Political commentators are the lowest hanging fruit here. ;)

Bill O'Reilly

Pat Buchanan

Also, Red State, FreeRepublic, or anything similar.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Pretty much all the major respected op-ed columnists will fit the bill. The standard form of an op-ed is basically, "Here's why I'm right and the other guys are wrong."

Maureen Dowd, Richard Cohen, Eugene Robinson, and George Will are just a few of the better known, but the opinion pages of any major newspaper will provide plenty of material.

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    The Economist's articles are largely opinion, and they are extremely self-confident. I'm not sure what you bean by "biased," though. Having a solid opinion that you are confident of in an opinion piece is different than biased reporting.

Doc on
  • symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sweet! Thanks guys! She found a few gems from these links and wrote her paper. Ended up writing about McCains daughter ("I feel so American when people rev their Harleys.")

Doc: Nice catch! =D

Thanks again guys!

symbolsor on