As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[IC] Star Wars: Eventide of the Rebellion

Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
edited August 2009 in Critical Failures
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
--

The communication center of Echo Base is small, packed with beings and sensitive equipment. It's quiet but for the hum of the machines as the communications operators maintain a silent vigil.

General Rieekan leans over one of the boards as it displays a data readout. "Looks like we have a visitor."

"It's metal," the comm operator says, pausing. "There's something coming through."

A mechanical warbling issues from the speakers. A golden droid steps forward. "Sir, I am fluent in six million forms of communication. This signal is not used by the Alliance; it could be an Imperial code."

The Mon Cal standing nearby grunts. "Whatever it is, it isn't friendly. I'll go check it out."
--

"There's not much left," the gurgley voice says, the comm crackling.

The female Falleen blinks. "What was it?"

"A droid. I didn't hit it very hard. It self-destructed."

The Sullustan and Selkath behind the Falleen share a look and the Selkath lets out a breath. "An Imperial probe droid."

"Then the Empire knows we're here," Azeb replies.

"We better start the evacuation," says General Rieekan.

Super Namicchi on

• Options
    jimninjajimninja Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Azeb trudges back the way he came to where his tauntaun is tethered. Scrunching his face against the powerfully offensive smell of the creature, he scrabbles onto its back and draws up the reins. "Yah!" he cries, and spurs it back towards Echo Base.

jimninja on
    0198ec55.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    In the control room, Kal stifled a whoop of joy. Sure, he ran a tidy side business on Hoth, importing and distributing "contraband," mostly sweets, exotic caf, and the occasional holo (mostly action, comedies, or adult).

On other hand, it was cold. And there was nowhere to go except the base. The base was all tunnels and durasteel. If he wanted that, he'd go back to Sullust.

Still, Jessa rambled on about how they were supposed to be here. Probably why the crazy girl was happily outside freezing on one of those smelly beasts.

Kal tightened his designer dewback-leather coat, lined with bantha fur for warmth. He cocked an eyebrow at the Falleen woman nearby. "So... my lady, what ship will you be leaving on?"

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    "She was dehydrated." Shoal opened his eyes and peered across the furry beast's saddle at Jessa. "Even the locals aren't immune to the conditions here, it seems." He patted the tauntaun and moved towards his own mount.
    "Anything worth salvaging there, Azeb?"

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    "Whichever ship has the best pilot, Kal." The Falleen flashes a short smile before returning her attention to the communication screens. "This is not good at all."

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    "It blew pretty hard--if you want to go dig up the pieces, be my guest," Azeb calls back to Shoal. "I'm gettin' back to base! They'll need all hands for evac."

jimninja on
    0198ec55.jpg
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    "Evacuate? This droid will have spoiled our location so quickly?"

Shoal was neither mechanic nor militarist, and already bringing his tauntaun around to follow Azeb's lead into the white.

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    "That's what the General says, and if he says so, then I believe it."

jimninja on
    0198ec55.jpg