As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Melbourne meet up.

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ev'ry day I'm trepannin'
    ev'ry day I'm trepannin'

Butler on
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    But seriously though, fuck seattle.

word dawg

ill bet thats some lame seattle slang

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Butler wrote: »
    ev'ry day I'm trepannin'
    ev'ry day I'm trepannin'

oh god

<3

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    I take it back. You all reek of vegimite and stale lager. Stay away from me.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    I take it back. You all reek of vegimite and stale lager. Stay away from me.

Come on now, that's the same single smell.

Butler on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    holy crap it's Grath

hi Grath

Hi vivivivivivivivivivexnnenenenennnne

I am in a hyper awesome mood.

I think this is what its like to be happy. Either that or somebody slipped me some X when i wasnt looking.

who wants to pet me?

Grath on
  • Options
    nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    How is Melbourne? I've always wanted to go to Australia and Melbourne seems nice, but I don't know anybody there or have any friends who wish to accompany me.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Grath wrote: »
    holy crap it's Grath

hi Grath

Hi vivivivivivivivivivexnnenenenennnne

I am in a hyper awesome mood.

I think this is what its like to be happy. Either that or somebody slipped me some X when i wasnt looking.

who wants to pet me?

It's not you, it's the

Butler on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    CURSE YOU WORK FILTERS!

Grath on
  • Options
    nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Seriously though, if I came to Melbourne in like a month, could we hang? I need something other than going to bars and trying to meet people.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If you met me we're be doing exactly that.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I got no other thread for this

some of you may remember my "black hunter threads"

well

nothing has changed

I am miserable

I want different things

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Black hunter stop being terrible.

Start being awesome.

Do something FFS

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What's it like living in tomorrow?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    TBH are you still in Canberra?

If so, GET THE FUCK OUT of Canberra.

Problem solved.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Pretty sweet! It's almost lunchtime. I think I'll go to subway.

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    gruggrug Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Grath wrote: »
    gruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugg

<3
    Hi.

Should I update the OP? I mean, I don't think there's any substance in here yet... but all this talk of OPs has made me kind of self-conscious.

grug on
    HOOFBEATS

ROBIN FALLS

WHO KNEW
  • Options
    FletcherFletcher Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    just go through bold oranging random words to piss Viv off

Fletcher on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

well

nothing has changed

I am miserable

I want different things

give details please

i need a boost

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

well

nothing has changed

I am miserable

I want different things

Hahahahaaa, look everyone, a miserable man!

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I was reeeeeeaaaaally drunk

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    TBH how old are you

are you 18?

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I am 18

I came back from a night of clubbing and was feeling down

3 nights in a row of getting trashed :/

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    TBH do what I used to do

write whiny emo poetry

get some sleep

wake up and destroy the poetry

Butler on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    My poetry is the posts I make for all the see

but they get quoted so I can't delete them

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    sounds like you are having a fun youth what is the problem

i didnt do shit back then
    or now

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ugh

I am doing the drinking/party thing when I can, every few weeks I do something, but when it comes to girls I have failed utterly and miserably and that's what gets to me. I feel I am constantly missing the best and biggest parts of being a teenager.

I feel unwanted, though this is eclipsed by my beleif that I don't do anything worth appreciating, that I'm an idiot and such who can give a couple cheap laughs and then should just sit in the corner.

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Okay totally hijacking this thread for a bit to talk about a new PerthPAX!

ATTN: Blaket; Kincaid; Butler; Dublo7; AJR; noobert; BigKev; chrishallett87; Waka Laka; Dhalphir

Blake and I are moving in together and we found this really neat place in Maylands. We're moving in on the 22nd and we're thinking of having people over the weekend after (Aug 29, a Saturday) for something real laidback and casual.

Maybe movies and games... PS3/XBox 360 and of course some board games... I have Risk! And I can also possibly borrow Taboo or Apples to Apples from an old roomie.

Obviously the place will still be a little crazy thanks to the mess and the fact that we'd still be settling in, but we want to get something in before Butler leaves for PAX. :)

Thoughts? Comments?

No worries if you can't make it, it'll be really casual and I'll be a total Nazi about leaving a mess because we would've JUST moved in. BUT! THERE MAY BE CUPCAKES!

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Congratulations Viv and Blake! Maylands is a really nice area. I was looking at an apartment there once, unfortunately it turned out to be the size of a shoebox. Are you guys renting or buying?

Also I have Trivial Pursuit but the questions are hella old so it might be time to buy a new deck.

Butler on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I played trivial pursuit the other day. They removed entertainment as a category and added an additional sports and leisure.
    So a question about which dinosaur picks a person up off the toilet was in SCIENCE AND NATURE.
    I may have already posted this here, maybe even in this thread.
    I was so pissed. That is a bullshit way to earn and wedge and you know it Joe.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

ATTN: Blaket; Kincaid; Butler; Dublo7; AJR; noobert; BigKev; chrishallett87; Waka Laka; Dhalphir

Blake and I are moving in together and we found this really neat place in Maylands. We're moving in on the 22nd and we're thinking of having people over the weekend after (Aug 29, a Saturday) for something real laidback and casual.

Maybe movies and games... PS3/XBox 360 and of course some board games... I have Risk! And I can also possibly borrow Taboo or Apples to Apples from an old roomie.

Obviously the place will still be a little crazy thanks to the mess and the fact that we'd still be settling in, but we want to get something in before Butler leaves for PAX. :)

Thoughts? Comments?

No worries if you can't make it, it'll be really casual and I'll be a total Nazi about leaving a mess because we would've JUST moved in. BUT! THERE MAY BE CUPCAKES!

if there is cupcakes i'm in

also, board games, woot.
    i havent played Risk in FOREVER so i hope you'll excuse if i suck :D

maylands is a great area, I live in Osborne Park so im almost next door

shall we bring laptops and things for pc gaming or stick to consoles

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    We lived in Maylands until early this year.

We were once approached by this crazy guy who was talking about murders and stuff, but other than that it was pretty great. There's a cafe there that we still go to from time to time.

AJR on
    Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I hear that there are these tiny jellyfish in your neck of the world that kill you.

is this true?

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I hear that there are these tiny jellyfish in your neck of the world that kill you.

is this true?
    there are things of every variety that kill you here

if a species exists in the world somewhere, theres an australian subspecies that is specifically evolved to hunt humans

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well apparently they are tiny and super deadly.

Thats what I hear

• Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Probably some kind of box jellyfish, Chironex Fleckeri or Irukandji

On the television program, "Super Animal", a woman compared her pain from childbirth to her experience with irukandji syndrome. "It's like when you're in labor, having a baby, and you've reached the peak of a contraction, that absolute peak, and you feel like you just cant do it anymore, that's the minimum that (irukandji) pain is at. And it just builds from there."

Ow.

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah it's that second one.

Remind me never to surf down there.

I'll stick to Hawaii and Portuguese man-o-wars which hurt but wont fucking kill you

• Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Thoughts? Comments?

I'd be up for that.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    Probably some kind of box jellyfish, Chironex Fleckeri or Irukandji

On the television program, "Super Animal", a woman compared her pain from childbirth to her experience with irukandji syndrome. "It's like when you're in labor, having a baby, and you've reached the peak of a contraction, that absolute peak, and you feel like you just cant do it anymore, that's the minimum that (irukandji) pain is at. And it just builds from there."

Ow.

Jesus christ, seriously?
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Irukandji syndrome is produced by a very small amount of venom and includes severe pains at various parts of the body (typically excruciating muscle cramps in the arms and legs, severe pain in the back and kidneys, a burning sensation of the skin and face), headaches, nausea, restlessness, sweating, vomiting, high heart rate and blood pressure, and psychological phenomena (such as the feeling of impending death).

I don't think I've heard much about venom having god damn psychological effects before. Most animals it's like "Severe pain, maybe death", and I dunno, maybe hallucinations or something. But the feeling of impending death!?

Ah, we are the lucky country.

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    flynnieflynnie Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Thoughts? Comments?

Sounds pretty cool. Aaron and I used to live in Maylands - $360 a week for a small 2 bed place with a hidden mould problem. We noticed it after a few months of being in there as the owner did a patch job to cover it. Was pretty close to the shops and train so that was the best part of living there. We are now in Belmont. :) So practically neighbours!

BTW Viv, would you like me to cook anything for the get together? This might give me the chance to also buy Monopoly unless someone else has it?

Twister would be a funny option too!

flynnie on
This discussion has been closed.