As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Batman:Arkham Asylum - Out Now (PS3/360) Not Out Now (PC/EU/AU damnit)

1585960616264»

• Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Has anyone beaten the game yet? How long is it? It says I'm at 24% - but I don't know if that's referring to the story mode or if it also includes all the hidden stuff. Right now I'm just past the part where
    Dr. Young gets killed

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm pretty certain the completion percentage includes all the extras. So yeah, it might be a little bit of a sway if you look at it as how close you are to beating the game.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    After beating the game and all the Riddler challenges, and trying the first four challenge rooms, I was at
    85%
    completion.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think Batman might be a...
    ...murderer in this game. Driving an automobile at full speed into people is generally pretty bad and can be fatal, after all. Bane's a strong guy, but I don't think steroids make you invulnerable to death by blunt force trauma from cars. The impact could've done enough internal injuries to kill Bane. Caving in his rib cage, crushing his heart, etc. And even if the internal injuries somehow weren't fatal, the car might be pinning him to the bottom of the seafloor, leading to death by drowning.

Ya know what, I'm gonna say a bit more. I'm not sure about this, but I hope there's an upgrade for faster knockouts. Right now, the knockouts seem really slow to deliver. By knockout, I'm referring to the ability you get once you punch an opponent to the ground and they're trying to get back up. Batman kneels down next to the thug, seems to check him for a moment, and then delivers the knockout punch. I think an upgrade to just have him quickly deliver the knockout and move on would be nice.

Also, if they ever do a sequel, I hope they'll separate the armor upgrades into two different categories, one for melee protection and one for firearm protection. Because the armor upgrades in this game seem to be way too effective against guns. I saw Batman take 2 shotgun blasts and a few rifle bursts and survive, on normal difficulty and without any armor upgrades. With the added protection of the armor upgrades, Batman almost becomes the Man of Steel against guns. It's pretty silly how much he can take against lead. With that said, I don't have any problem with upgrades against melee attacks, that seems more reasonable. Batman's well known for being able to take a lot of bruises and cuts fighting thugs in hand to hand combat. Maybe it could be called "Added Stamina" or something. But in this game, I would be loathe to apply the armor upgrades because I don't want Batman to feel like a bullet sponge, that's not Batman to me.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Triple B wrote: »
    I love how they're putting so much emphasis on the whole "Batman's the biggest lunatic in Gotham" aspect that Joker's toyed with so much in the past.

That's good to hear, I was really hoping they would do that.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think Batman might be a...
    ...murderer in this game. Driving an automobile at full speed into people is generally pretty bad and can be fatal, after all. Bane's a strong guy, but I don't think steroids make you invulnerable to death by blunt force trauma from cars. The impact could've done enough internal injuries to kill Bane. Caving in his rib cage, crushing his heart, etc. And even if the internal injuries somehow weren't fatal, the car might be pinning him to the bottom of the seafloor, leading to death by drowning.

Considering
    he was about to have his spine snapped again I think the use of the Batmobile was in self defense.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I kinda made Batman a murderer in Challenge mode. Knocked some poor sap into the black abyss.

It gave me bonus points.

Sir Platypus on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Triple B wrote: »

Spoilers ahead regarding Scarecrow:

I think most people thought this as well. I restarted my console twice. :? The third time, I got mad, put my controller down to do some digging online and then was like:

"Ha. Absolutely brilliant."

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I kinda made Batman a murderer in Challenge mode. Knocked some poor sap into the black abyss.

It gave me bonus points.

It's their own fault for standing next to the railing when fighting the Goddamn Batman.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Threepio wrote: »
    Considering
    he was about to have his spine snapped again I think the use of the Batmobile was in self defense.
    I'm not disputing that at all. Batman could use a gun against all the lunatics in Arkham and it would be self defense. But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm saying that Batman does not kill, ever. And him driving a car into Bane may well have led to Bane's death. Thus, Batman would have killed him.

Ya know what, I think I phrased my post badly. What I should've said is that Batman is a killer, not a murderer. Killer's the more apt word.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The guy just survived a building falling on him. In the words of Superman to Darkseid: "But you can take it, cant you big man."

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    ArjanNArjanN Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ED! wrote: »
    The guy just survived a building falling on him. In the words of Superman to Darkseid: "But you can take it, cant you big man."

The way Batman fights goons in this game some of them could very easily die. Throwing people over railings that at least one story high, slamming people head-first onto a concrete floor etc..

ArjanN on
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Not to mention punching them or roundhousing them in the goddamned neck. With fists like his, you're bound to shatter some spines, even if you've trained not to.

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I don't care if it is fatal, those occassional punches to the groin look brutal.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I've often wondered if a batarang thrown hard enough could enter someone's brain cavity via an eye socket.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hawk on
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)