As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PLZ LOCK] [recommend] me some earbuds

ascannerlightlyascannerlightly Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
i bought a pair of these and they sounded great and canceled out most outside noise. then after about a month of using them the left bud proceeded to stop working. so now i need a new pair, and i don't want to spend an arm & a leg so any suggestions in the < $40 range??

armedroberty.jpg
ascannerlightly on

• Options
    Teslan26Teslan26 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I cannot recommend, or follow your link, only say that I bought a sodding expensive pair of sennheisers and after 6 months one ear stopped working. So yeah. More of an anti-recommendation.

Also, my uncle had a pair of Bose earbuds, and said they had the most amazing sound when still, but wouldn't stay in for shit whilst moving ^_^

Teslan26 on
  • Options
    Raoul DukeRaoul Duke Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've got a pair of Shure SE-210's. I think they're stupidly expensive but one of my jobs is a best buy so I got a pretty good discount on them. They come with a whole collection of foam and rubber fittings so you can get a good fit with them. When I sat next to a crying kid on the subway I realized how much I liked these, he didn't bother me at all. I know Shure has a more basic set that retails for 90 Canadian and that was pretty good too. I wonder about the cables though, they seem so thin and delicate, I hope I get more than a few months out of them.

Raoul Duke on
  • Options
    underdonkunderdonk __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    underdonk on
    Back in the day, bucko, we just had an A and a B button... and we liked it.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The whole "one ear not working" comes from the wire at the base of the cord becoming dislodged. Stop wrapping the cord of your earphones around your Mp3 player and that should go away. This is why you can sometimes hear some noise in the non-working if you giggle the cord around for a while.

Tav on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I just got these: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Twist-Stereo-Sport-Headphones/dp/B000FJEYZS/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1251158541&sr=8-6

about 2 weeks ago. I'm very happy with them though, they don't have that deep of a bass sound. They are, however, very light and they don't fall out ever.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Teslan26Teslan26 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    The whole "one ear not working" comes from the wire at the base of the cord becoming dislodged. Stop wrapping the cord of your earphones around your Mp3 player and that should go away. This is why you can sometimes hear some noise in the non-working if you giggle the cord around for a while.

I do, however, assume that once broken impossible to fix financially viably.

Teslan26 on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Teslan26 wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »

I do, however, assume that once broken impossible to fix financially viably.

I've read some things about DIY soldering and such, but to be honest, just buy a new pair.

Tav on
  • Options
    ascannerlightlyascannerlightly Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    bah. this thread looked dead so i just went with the one suggestion i got from a friend via aim and bought a pair of jvc marshmallow yesterday. they got a good review on cnet, and for a whopping $19 they seem pretty decent. the fit is very snug, and they produce the best quality sound out of any earbuds i've ever owned (especially bass). the sound-cancellation (for conversation, engine noise, etc) is almost 100%.

for the record, i don't wrap it around the player. i coil it loosely and store it (unplugged) in the same pocket.

ascannerlightly on
    armedroberty.jpg
This discussion has been closed.