As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mount & Blade: New Steam group and server! EaTRC released for Warband!

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    awesome

early in the game I was lucky enough to get 2 noldor nobles and 4 noldor rangers

they are severly hampering the effectiveness of my troops

Do they have any villages? I guess not?

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    They're just a raider faction.

Scooter on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    bother bother bother

I am on indifferent terms with them now at least, at the expense of the empire liking me, dammit

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What is the saddest thing: after reading a Game of Thrones over the weekend I needed to reinstall this. Unfortunately, either the final release version has incredibly upped the system requirements over the previous versions, or my computer really is dying. Can't get anything out of it.

The Lord of the Rings mod was the best . . . anyone know if it was eventually ported to the final release?

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    bother bother bother

I am on indifferent terms with them now at least, at the expense of the empire liking me, dammit

No one likes the Empire. Even the Empire hates the Empire. Every game I've played of PoP so far, everyone ends up hating them and wiping them out.

Poor guys.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Andrew_Jay wrote: »
    What is the saddest thing: after reading a Game of Thrones over the weekend I needed to reinstall this. Unfortunately, either the final release version has incredibly upped the system requirements over the previous versions, or my computer really is dying. Can't get anything out of it.

The Lord of the Rings mod was the best . . . anyone know if it was eventually ported to the final release?

They've been working on it for a very long time now, with no releases aside from the occasional teaser.

Expect it to take another year, at least, now that someone figured out how to edit NPC/Player skeleton's/bodies, in terms of height. They don't seem to be in a rush.

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Heir wrote: »
    bother bother bother

No one likes the Empire. Even the Empire hates the Empire. Every game I've played of PoP so far, everyone ends up hating them and wiping them out.

Poor guys.

probably because of those god damn too big sticks they throw

which are a pain to use because the model doesn't dissapear off you when have used tem all up

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So is this worth 30 bucks or what. The trailer on Steam was cool particularly the mounted combat, but the graphics look like butt.

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    In my PoP game (which will probably not continue in any reasonable fashion until after the semester) I'm slowly eating away at the Empire. Poor bastards.

I really must find a way to make the elves hate me again. I really just want to kill them all and take their delicious, delicious gear.

By the way, it is now clear to me that Ravenstern is the best faction. Do you know why Ravenstern Rangers are the best archers? Because when the melee guys get too close they put away their bows and whip out a ginormous two-handed sword. They are surprisingly effective in melee, which is just icing on the cake of their excellent ranged stats.

Fierdsvain are also pretty cool, I just played the Nords for way too long in Native.

And yes, totally worth $30. Unless having mediocre graphics is something that really really bothers you. But I'm one of those guys that thinks gameplay > all.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So is this worth 30 bucks or what. The trailer on Steam was cool particularly the mounted combat, but the graphics look like butt.

try the demo

you'll probably buy it then

MrDelish on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

The graphical enhancement mod takes care of this nicely.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I also cheated and swapped my archery stats for throwing stats

It's more my style

Tell me how I do this.

I went Archery too, but I find myself not having room for a bow and arrows when I'm carrying a Heavy Long Knight's Lance, a Pendor Greatsword, a Kite Shield, and some one-hander I never use ever. A big bag of Javelins seems like just the thing to replace that nigh-useless one-hander.

Also, I did start my new game, and almost immediately got in a fight with some guys who were much, much tougher than I. I dodged and weaved and lanced my way to victory, and ended up with some awesome gear. Then I did the Arena, at someone's recommendation, and made bucketloads of cash. I did get captured once, but I escaped with all of my heroes.

One question... why is it that my heroes, even as decked out as they are, are so terrible at fighting? Sigismund Sinclaire, my level 20 friend completely decked out in plate with the best weapons I can find, constantly gets raped by groups of 3 ruffians. Even if I have him on follow, he seems to get stuck quite often, and cut down. It's very disheartening.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    In my PoP game (which will probably not continue in any reasonable fashion until after the semester) I'm slowly eating away at the Empire. Poor bastards.

I really must find a way to make the elves hate me again. I really just want to kill them all and take their delicious, delicious gear.

By the way, it is now clear to me that Ravenstern is the best faction. Do you know why Ravenstern Rangers are the best archers? Because when the melee guys get too close they put away their bows and whip out a ginormous two-handed sword. They are surprisingly effective in melee, which is just icing on the cake of their excellent ranged stats.

Fierdsvain are also pretty cool, I just played the Nords for way too long in Native.

And yes, totally worth $30. Unless having mediocre graphics is something that really really bothers you. But I'm one of those guys that thinks gameplay > all.

Ravenstern's nights aren't too shabby either.

I tend to do 2/3rd's of my army as a mix of Sarleon Knights and Footmen, and 1/3 Revenstern Rangers. I rarely if ever lose a man (other than being knocked unconcious). Seriously, I have an army of 108 men and I can take out 300-men armies quite confidently. It's great fun.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Anyone know how many recruitable heroes there are in PoP?

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    CruixCruix Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

You can get it for $13.57 on Amazon. Is there any reason the version on Steam is more expensive .. ? That just seems crazy. I ordered mine from Amazon after reading this thread, should get here tomorrow!

Cruix on
    housesig2.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I think I got mine on a Steam sale a year or two back for like $15.

While the graphics do look like a game from 1995, especially in towns and such, and it did put me off at first, the combat gameplay is more than addictive enough to make up for it. And there the graphics are probably as good as they can be and still have 350 dudes on the screen.

Scooter on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ravenstern's nights aren't too shabby either.

I tend to do 2/3rd's of my army as a mix of Sarleon Knights and Footmen, and 1/3 Revenstern Rangers. I rarely if ever lose a man (other than being knocked unconcious). Seriously, I have an army of 108 men and I can take out 300-men armies quite confidently. It's great fun.

My 6x upgraded Silvermist Rangers and 3x upgraded Knights of the Griffin beg to differ.

Also, unique armies do respawn so more qualis gems. I've gotten like 3 from that peasant army guy. Just don't tell them to never come back or kill them and they will.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Thing is the AI took out those armies, and since then haven't respawned. I got a new one though, some French guy name the adventurer. Now that I think about it, maybe the AI has those army leaders as prisoners, and I've got to set them free.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm assuming Heretics must be a high level encounter because I got insane amounts of rep for killing two heretic bands of like 15+ guys each almost as soon as i started my first game.

Also had amazing loot for that early in the game, so now I'm kitted out quite nicely, running around trying to find more of these guys to level up before i try to bother with factions/starting my own

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I miss the unique armies, they're what made this mod so unique. I'm just fighting regular factions now, I want to clobber some undead dudes.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    I miss the unique armies, they're what made this mod so unique. I'm just fighting regular factions now, I want to clobber some undead dudes.

expanded gameplay 3 has undead armies, as does chronicles of taleria.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    But I want to continue playing my PoP game, the fucking AI took out all those other armies and they seemingly don't respawn anymore.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    how many gigs of ram do i want in xp to run a 200 army limit easily.

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I believe that is more CPU bound than anything, but I could be wrong.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i'd just import character if i didnt have any bros to kill

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    But I want to continue playing my PoP game, the fucking AI took out all those other armies and they seemingly don't respawn anymore.

2-5% chance to spawn per week when their faction is obliterated. Try just sitting in a castle for a month or two?

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Dracil wrote: »

2-5% chance to spawn per week when their faction is obliterated. Try just sitting in a castle for a month or two?

Sweet, the other thing too is that I installed PoP on my already modified installation that I had abandoned some time ago, so I probably had done some things that might have messed it up, because for one, I now have much prettier textures now.

In the meantime I'll keep killing Fierdsvains.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    New version of eagle and radiant cross for those of you still playing that one;
    http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=1472cdd06e9a4852faa71c0c65fe2691&topic=32416.0
    -Changed the formations AGAIN. This time they can follow you or a standard bearer.
    -Includes an adapted version of Custom Battle mod by Iberion & Kolba. Fight 6 way battles!
    -Name your party!
    -Regional troops: the lords of certain towns will have acces to unique troops. Those troops are powerfull, and will garrison the town and acompany the lord to the field. If the Player conquers the town, he too has access to them.
    -There are two branches of troops: the one that starts from peasants and a second one (better). If you join a faction (and have enough money) you can recruit the second branch from towns. This includes Demilances--->Knights for Swadians, Cannoneers for The Imperial State and many more.
    -Unique items obtained randomly after large battles.
    - Alternate animations for attacks: I have added alternate animations for some attacks, the engine will randomly choose between them. So far it's available for the one handers and two handers. This adds more visual variety to the combat.
    -Lots of new dialog.
    -New units, factions, items and all that jazz.
    - Some other stuff I can't recall at this moment.

Also looks like the original creator abandoned it, so it will be a new team working on it from now on.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm the worst player, I sold 3 of my +1 books and never noticed it.

Wherever I sold them has probably erased them already. Sigh.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Uh, there's a texture pack in the graphical enhancement mod, as well as Punkt's HiRes Textures. I assume they aren't compatible. Which should I get?

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Computer keeps crashing during a siege. I don't know what to do. It never had any problems with the OC, but it doesn't like sieges in PoP, I guess.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ok I managed to convince a couple lords to join me in PoP....now where are they? :lol:

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Heir wrote: »
    Ok I managed to convince a couple lords to join me in PoP....now where are they? :lol:

with you?

or at one of your castles

also, did you assign them a fief

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It didn't ask me to. I captured a couple lords who liked me, talked to them from the party screen, and they offered to pledge allegience to me.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    First, they need some time to respawn. After that they just do normal lord stuff. If you can find one he should be able to tell you where the others are.

Scooter on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    how viable is being an archer in PoP without like, having a ton of points in leadership

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm confused. All you need to be an archer is points in Power Draw.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    well, I use my allies as meat shields so I don't get swarmed and chopped up into little bits. I tried a little horsemen archery but after awhile, hitting for only 17 on a headshot to the guy riding behind me was a little depressing

tyrannus on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Your problem is obviously that you are using archery.

when you should be using lances and a high speed/high maneuverability horse.

You can almost solo entire battlefields once you get competent with couched lancing

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i know i already do that. it's how I took on a 100+ force with my 30 guys. it's just a little too run-froward for me!

tyrannus on