As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Digital Piano Repair (weighted keys)

TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I have an older digital piano whose keys have weights glued to the bottom/inside (the bottom of the key is hollow/open) of the keys, but several of the weights have fallen off. The way many of them fall locks the keys in place so they can't be pressed.

We have used jeweler's glue to fix them in the past but it doesn't seem to be a long-term fix, so my question is what kind of glue would be best to get the weights to stick? Also, if I need to clean off the previous glue like I imagine I do, what should I use for that?

Tomanta on

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What material are the keys made of? Are they wooden or some composite material? If it is some natural material I've had a lot of good success with Gorilla Glue. Other than that I would use Krazy Glue but be careful.

Shogun on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Shogun wrote: »
    What material are the keys made of? Are they wooden or some composite material? If it is some natural material I've had a lot of good success with Gorilla Glue. Other than that I would use Krazy Glue but be careful.

I think they are just plastic or some composite material. And they weights are metal.

Tomanta on