As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Replacing LCD screen on a Digital Camera

PongePonge Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Well, I dropped my lovely Canon G9 and the LCD screen on the back of it has cracked. The protective plastic screen is fine but the LCD screen no longer works and has hairline cracks all over it.

I seem to have 2 options, I can take it into a local-ish camera repair shop and pay 90pounds to have it repaired, or I can order the part from ebay (which comes with the tools required to repair it) and try to fix it myself for 40pounds. The camera was purchased second hand from a shop in Hong Kong so it has no remaining warrenty. I've checked out my insurance and with my deductable it's really not worth it to claim.

My wallet would really appreciate the 50quid difference in costs, however it would be great to hear if anyone has any experience replacing an LCD screen, in any model of digital camera.

Ponge on

• Options
    saltinesssaltiness Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My advice is to search/ask your question here as it's pretty damn specific and if anyone has experience with that they'd probably be on that forum.

saltiness on
    XBL: heavenkils