As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hates, Hopes, Happies, Hard Modes, and Harpies

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, probably easier that way, although they usually tend to restart servers within a day after finding bugs that help players get stuff, as opposed to bugs that hinder them.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Happy: Heroic Anub 10 down. That was pretty rough.

riz on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    How many attempts did you need? And has anyone in the world gotten heroic Anub 25 down yet?

Opty on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I think like ten attempts on him for us. It likely would have been less if we'd had our shaman earlier. We spent like an hour in there before the 25-man raid and ran out of time, and we'd had to sub a priest for our usual shaman, who is a better healer and also lolbloodlust. After the 25-man we went back and killed him on the second attempt.

We wiped quite a few times on Northrend Beasts and once on Twins. Hopefully next week we'll get a better tribute, got the trophies this week.

riz on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wait, how the fuck are you guys healing through heroic 25man Beasts? We just constantly kept getting tank death within a second or less for the entire night.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Saeris wrote: »
    If two listings of the same item are less than, say, 5% apart, I intentionally buy the higher priced one to spite the undercutter.

I do that too!

Arrath on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dhalphir, I want to know what the fuck you guys are doing for DPS if you're only having healer issues. We pop heroism on the first dude and put ranged on snobolds exclusively and melee on the big 'un. During worms it tends to unravel.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    We haven't had a chance to wipe to an enrage yet.

But we have ranged swapping to snobolds then swapping back.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hate: Doofs undercutting my Nobles cards.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    DraneDrane Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    riz wrote: »
    Happy: Heroic Anub 10 down. That was pretty rough.

Happy: Heroic Anub 10 isn't a pushover

Seriously. One of the better-designed (and fun!) encounters thus far.

Drane on
    Minecraft:cardsfan853
    signature.png
  • Options
    mattclemmattclem Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Only 31 bits? Why would they use a signed value for money? Anticipating some future feature in which it would be possible to go into debt?

Now, it may be apocryphal (I don't recall if I heard it from a blue), but I heard an explanation that makes sense:

Negative amounts are used for questionable transactions. If you're under investigation, they multiply your current cash by -1. That prevents you spending any, but also preserves the specific amount of cash you possess so if everything's fine they can easily reinstate it.

I have no idea what happens if you loot in such a situation. I'd hope it's smart enough to do it right!

mattclem on
  • Options
    mattclemmattclem Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Opty wrote: »
    How many attempts did you need? And has anyone in the world gotten heroic Anub 25 down yet?

I note there's been a fairly lengthy gap since the first posts of "Yay, we killed Twin Valks heroic!" in general... I think the leading guilds might just have hit the wipe cap by now. How long does it take to wipe 50 times anyway?

mattclem on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    not long.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hate: Doofs undercutting my Nobles cards.

Don't feel so bad my brother's repair robot selling operations on the Ah got out of hand with people getting banned

Brainleech on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    not long.
    Especially since there's barely any running-back time, even compared to Ulduar with teleporters.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SUPER HAPPY: Leveling is awesome with AV plus queueing from anywhere. Oh, I gotta learn JC in Exodar? No Problem! I'll queue on my way there. What's that? I dinged on the way to my bank. It's really fun.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Happy: I should have my druid to 80 tonight, which means I have my healer. Next up is my mage.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Happy: Doodad 80, debating if i want to get back into arenas. Haven't played there since season 3.

Happy: New Heroic ToC 25, we cleared up to Twins then it was off to Uld 25 to work on some hard modes Iron council.

Hate: hard mode Iron Council. Not that it is hard..just there is always an excuse we haven't beaten it yet :(

Hope: maybe tonight! and maybe a mount in my egg...

Happy end note: Long weekend for canadians!

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    not long.
    Especially since there's barely any running-back time, even compared to Ulduar with teleporters.

There is very little setup time, but given that you're wipe limited you theoretically want to wait until all raid cooldowns are off cd and then use all of them per attempt. I'm not sure of the mindset of top end guilds, but this could mean waiting 10-20 minutes between attempts so that rebirth isn't on cd. Assuming you take 10 minutes per attempt/running back, you'd take about 8 hours to finish all 50 assuming you get all the attempts.

khain on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    We'd do a "everyone blow Army/Fire Elementals/etc" run, and in-between cooldowns do a few practice runs. This was on cowardly, though, so I could see waiting in order to conserve heroic attempts.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    formatformat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    so cowardly is the opposite of heroic? is this a thing?

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You have to prove you're a coward first, before you can be a hero.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    it could catch on

format on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hate: My generic rage over no one in my little group of people I usually do 10-mans and heroics with playing a goddamn healer alt. Three, if not more, of them USED TO, but randomly decided all at once that they'd rather play their new enhancement shaman instead of the holy paladin they always used to play, or similar. So now every time we try to organize shit we're looking around for people to heal shit for alts on their mains, which isn't really fair, to me. And I hate that I end up feeling like I should be healing on one of my alts. But fuck that. I heal their asses in 25-mans all week. Is it that much to expect that at least one or two of them could heal me when I want to DPS? Fuck.

riz on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Arrath wrote: »
    If two listings of the same item are less than, say, 5% apart, I intentionally buy the higher priced one to spite the undercutter.

I do that too!

whenever someone undercuts the current price of something by more than a pittance, I see people bitching that "so-and-so is ruining the economy."

apparently the only correct way to sell something is to charge more than everyone else.

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Arrath wrote: »

I do that too!

whenever someone undercuts the current price of something by more than a pittance, I see people bitching that "so-and-so is ruining the economy."

apparently the only correct way to sell something is to charge more than everyone else.

When I see someone selling something for marginally less I buy whatever is cheapest because I'm a good capitalist!

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hate: No one wants me to level my healer. I actually want to heal, and everyone wants me to tank. What is this nonsense!?

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What makes the swarm scarabs on Anub enrage? Is it a time thing or just random?

We also have been getting the issue or the boss just switching pursue targets for no reason. Our shaman will be kiting him, then he just suddenly cuts away, b lines for a our priest, then starts gunning for the shaman again.

Javen on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Happy: Woo, Rusted proto-drake go!

Also snagged the hammer of crushing whispers AND the tanking trinket.

Smell of Saronite was easy, and when I switched to tanking for Yogg it went like clockwork and we went from 4 lights down to 1 in one instance.

Nobody on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hate: No one wants me to level my healer. I actually want to heal, and everyone wants me to tank. What is this nonsense!?

Do you know anyone who wants to tank but they are being forced to DPS?

Seg on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Seg wrote: »

My priest was level 68 for sometime since everyone was looking for dps or said my gear sucked to heal
    When dual spec came out I made my off spec shadow to help me level among other things

Sigh if that guy nextdoor revs his engine one more time I am going to tip his car over and set it on fire

Brainleech on
  • Options
    lifeincognitolifeincognito Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    format wrote: »
    so cowardly is the opposite of heroic? is this a thing?

It is a thing withing the Beasts, but I am not sure if others use the same qualifiers for their dungeons.

lifeincognito on
    losers weepers. jawas keepers.
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Happy: Zaithon, Champion of Ulduar

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Welcome to Dong Iron.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hate: Every time I log in horde has wintergrasp and I can't buy my goddamn heirloom shoulders. This has been going on for 4 days now:x

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    that happens a lot to me

format on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah it's really pissing me off. Would it be so hard to put another one of those vendors somewhere else?

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    the expansion is going to be worse, with dailies located in a wintergrasp type zone.

format on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Seg wrote: »

The other day I just told my guild that I won't go on my paladin for the next week or so because I'm working on my healer. Some people were excited, some weren't, too bad.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hate: Lack on tanks on my server. It's ridiculous that you can find 3 dps and a healer in all of 30 seconds, then spend an hour looking for a tank. It's even worse when you take a look in the LFG and see 5 warriors and 4 DKs all wanting to DPS D:

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
This discussion has been closed.