Options

CD Drive Won't Open >:( [SOLVED]

QuelrethQuelreth Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
That's pretty much the long and short of it. I press the button, the light flashes, it doesn't open, but it DOES read the disc (Autoplay for Jagged Alliance 2 pops up every time I try). It used to open if I did eject from the Explorer or Windows Media Player, but now that doesn't work.

Suggestions? I'm going to crack my computer open and see if there's anything obvious wrong here, but yeah. Help.

Quelreth on

• Options
    xraydogxraydog Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Do know the paper clip trick? There's usually a small hole on the outside of the drive. Stick a paper clip in there and it will open. It's not a permanent fix but it'll open the tray.

paperclip_after.jpg

xraydog on
  • Options
    robaalrobaal Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I had it happen sometimes when using CD burn XP pro, I think, so I would suspect this to be a software problem - rebooting, or even re-logging, might help.

robaal on
    "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra when suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath.
    At night, the ice weasels come."

• Options
    QuelrethQuelreth Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    robaal wrote:
    I had it happen sometimes when using CD burn XP pro, I think, so I would suspect this to be a software problem - rebooting, or even re-logging, might help.

Unfortunately it's been like this for a few months now. I've just gotten by using the DVD-ROM instead of the CD-R until now.

Well, I couldn't find a paperclip so I was poking at it with stuff that wasn't quite long enough, but I did something right because it finally opened. Thanks dudes!

Quelreth on
This discussion has been closed.