As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Miniphalla] Pirates Are Excellent Liars. (Game Over! Who won? Click to find out!)

1111213141517»

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Mwahahahaha. Andrew Ryan is totally going to kill me in every game even more now. :P

This was a huge help.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Damnit, and I did such a good job at getting people to kill me. I did it twice, in fact!

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Damnit, and I did such a good job at getting people to kill me. I did it twice, in fact!

You also had some help from Burnage, who had the objective of getting you voted out.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I agree that the whole thing was completely hilarious. I half expected that my role PM about "winning" if I got voted for execution was a lie, but I decided to throw caution to the wind and go for it anyway. And then, two nights in a row, I won the vote and checked in on the results later just to find out that I was still alive. Goddamn hilarious. So who ended up killing me on night 5? (6?)

Thanks for running the game, it was a load of fun!

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Har har! Death to Captain Zot's toadies!

Truthfully I didn't do too well in my first foray as an evil. I didn't even have a kill order, being the lone Mutineer. :<

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Great game Thorgot. I'm so proud of you EB. I knew I fucked up and you pulled it off. Don't hate ahava, learn to love the evil.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Great game Thorgot. I'm so proud of you EB. I knew I fucked up and you pulled it off. Don't hate ahava, learn to love the evil.

It was a fun high wire act what with my complete inability to make an argument without quoting Guybrush from Monkey 1. He has a limited number of emotions to express, most of them are either fear, earnestness, or piratey disdain.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

It was a fun high wire act what with my complete inability to make an argument without quoting Guybrush from Monkey 1. He has a limited number of emotions to express, most of them are either fear, earnestness, or piratey disdain.

As things got narrowed down, it became pretty obvious to me, the dead guy, that you were a bad guy, very effectively hiding behind your Monkey Island quotes. I'm a bit surprised that nobody decided that it was too good of a cover.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    *shrugs*

There was no way I was going to get a vote on ebum so there really wasn't anything I could do.

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I think I was mostly ineffective because I had no way of knowing what the lie in a given PM meant. *L*

I contacted Toxic after seering him, hoping he would turn out to be good... turns out he was evil. And we'd killed the guy his PM lie was about, so I couldn't use that for confirmation.

Findiong out that the other guy gets the same information didn't help. Arguably seering Toxic helped the other side, without any action on my part. I got paranoid about seering after that... I even seered myself one night, just to test whether my power really did work that way.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Proboards! Show us proboards!

Also, who killed me? Obbi was one of them, I think!

Kay2 on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I think I was mostly ineffective because I had no way of knowing what the lie in a given PM meant. *L*

I contacted Toxic after seering him, hoping he would turn out to be good... turns out he was evil. And we'd killed the guy his PM lie was about, so I couldn't use that for confirmation.

Findiong out that the other guy gets the same information didn't help. Arguably seering Toxic helped the other side, without any action on my part. I got paranoid about seering after that... I even seered myself one night, just to test whether my power really did work that way.

I love that. :D Even if I was caught, I could discredit any one that was working with me.

I know Me and EB didn't have a proboard, we just talked through Pms.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Team evil, myself, Tommy, and Delroland just chatted via PM.

I can't speak for them, but I didn't trust either of them lol. Until I figured out that my ability did nothing, and tommy confirmed that, I basically didn't even believe I was a baddie for sure.

The first two targets of my not-actually-an-ability power both died, I was starting to think I was a vig not mafia. Combine that with the first 'kill' I sent in being for EB...who then didn't die, it made me super paranoid. If I'd read the OP closer it'd have been more clean cut lol.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    You bastard trying to kill me day one. What did I ever do to you. :P

Also, had you read things properly and realized I was evil we could have won this game several days earlier.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, that was my bad, but in my defense, Del and Tommy didn't pick up on that either.

Strangely enough, I realized my mistake about five minutes before vote close on the last day lol.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    My ability was fun as hell, and the first person I scanned was Obbi.
    Also, this was my first game with post-restrictions involved, so I apologize if I acted stupid.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well, that certainly explains how I only found out Witch Doctor's role, and why I got Witch Doctor's role again when searching Law.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I... I still think I'm a winner. :(

Burnage on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I voted for Fiaryn (for all the wrong reasons but dammit I did), and said to go after Exarch if I proved to be good.

You people. You people!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'd go with a "WHO KILLED ME WHO WHO WHO" routine but ahava outed herself doing so all I'm going to do is minigrudge her instead :twisted:

Anyhow, thanks for a most excellent game thorgot! I had so much fun troubling the english part of me telling stories and spreading the Mark of Waldo randomly (Obviously I had to hit Obbi first with it :P)

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Good game, guys. A very difficult game to succeed at via traditional routes, which was, I think, the point. Thanks for running it, Thorgot. It was a lot of fun.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I think I woulda been a bit more involved had I not been subbed in.

That being said, it was fun, but I just could not get into the 'paranoia' that everybody was talking about. For some reason, I just didn't get the same feeling in this game that I do most games.

Also, you're welcome Dac. I also killed grimmy, and somebody else..... but i can't remember who... i think.

I started with an even day kill, but when Obbi died, I got a kill every day.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It's like, a grudge but not really. Instead of voting for you I'm just gonna shake my fist and go "grrr she's a bad bad person!"

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    *L* the waldo avatars were really really really REALLY ruining my ability to scan through a thread and figure out who was posting. Especially in the Main.

I figured your storytelling was the thing that did it. Since the only other person that targetted me was Krata, and he was very very very adamant about his seeing power.

It had to be you.

Beside, I died a hero.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Actually, the storytelling had nothing to do with the conversion; I had no actual restrictions, so that was just something I pulled out to spice up the thread and train my not-so-perfect english a bit.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    ahhhhh

Well that's cool.

But it still led me to you and I got to remove the waldo, so i'm all happy.

but the stories were quite awesome.

my whole restriction was that the parrot had to repeat my last word.... but... I kinda changed it.

Oops!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I also had no restriction. There was a comment made in my PM that it might be wise to fake one.

So arr faked one.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    That was fun. I just wish Toxic and I hadn't killed each other Mexican Standoff style. :lol:

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    He was pretty pissed about that, though he thought Witch Doctor was evil for defending you.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I was amused by that.

At least he died before I did.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Tell me about it. I was DAMN IT DEL! :x

But I got over it.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, in both our role PM's we were told the other was a villager. When Toxic contacted me with the, "Hello fellow mutineer," I assumed he was a good guy fishing for info.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23