Options

Disabling Multiple GPU processing?

CommandantLockeCommandantLocke Registered User regular
Hello.
I just downloaded spore from STEAM and it appears that my computer that runs Crysis at at the highest settings at 20 FPS seems to be unable to run SPORE.
It says I need to disable multiple GPU processing, but I have no clue how to do that...
Any insights?

50% of what I say is sarcastic.
20% of what I say is true.
20% of what I say is cynical.
10% is nonsense.
100% of what I say an attempt to be witty but actually me falling flat my face.
CommandantLocke on

• Options
    lazerbeardlazerbeard Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You can go to the task manager, right click on a process, and click on "Set Affinity", but I dunno how to do it permanently.

lazerbeard on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    lazerbeard wrote: »
    You can go to the task manager, right click on a process, and click on "Set Affinity", but I dunno how to do it permanently.

Isn't that for CPUs? I'd imagine that he'd have to go through his card's drivers to change that SLI/CrossFire option for a specific game.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    lazerbeardlazerbeard Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Whoops I didnt read the post carefully enough. Embarrassing. I have no clue about multi GPU.

lazerbeard on
  • Options
    corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You should be able to set it on/off for individual games (Disclaimer: I have no experience with Crossfire/SLI). Check in your video card's control panel under advanced options or something. It would help if you told us what cards you have and the version of the drivers you're using.

corky842 on